Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent Article on new upcoming Z to debut 2017 Tokyo Motor Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 11:01 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recent Article on new upcoming Z to debut 2017 Tokyo Motor Show

First article I've seen in a while talking about new upcoming Z...So we should expect more details soon.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...this-year.html

Nissan is finally ready to give us a look at the next-generation Z sports car.

The current Nissan 370Z model has been on the market for more than eight years and it has long been overdue for a makeover. According to a report from Japan’s Best Car magazine, the Japanese automaker will unveil a Z concept at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show, the same place where Toyota will reportedly debut its Supra successor in concept form. And although rumors suggested that the new Z car would take the form of a crossover, it appears it will likely be a traditional RWD coupe with similar proportions to the current model.

In terms of design, the Z is expected to adopt a more aggressive style, pulling inspiration from the potent GT-R. It will also ride on a shorter wheelbase borrowed from the Infiniti Q60’s FR-L platform. We can also expect it to me much lighter.

SEE ALSO: Nissan 370Z Review

That means you shouldn’t be surprised to see it share powerplants, including the 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 engine found on the Infiniti Q60 Red Sport, which could make more than 400 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque in the Z. The powerplant will be paired to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, but Nissan will likely offer a manual as well. There will also be an entry-level 3.0-liter V6 with 300 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque, but what’s more exciting is a possible hybrid powertrain using the same engine and an electric motor to generate more than 500 hp.

The next-generation Z model should arrive by 2019 and check back with AutoGuide.com as we will be reporting live from the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show.

[Source: Car and Driver]

Discuss this story on our Nissan Z Forum
Old 02-03-2017, 03:02 PM
sauer420

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Z. I have always bought my cars used, but should finally be able to afford a NEW car by 2018 or 2019. With the government's CAFE standards, the possibility of increased import taxes under the new administration, and the low-sales of the aging Z34, I've worried that the Z would be discontinued before I get a chance to buy a new one.

I still love the look of the Z34 (as well as the Z33). If the Z35 looks similar to a Z34 but with the 300/400HP engine options from the Infiniti, plus a manual transmission, I will be happy. I don't care for the hybrid idea, as it would likely be more difficult to work on and be less reliable in the long run, especially on the track. I want a Nismo version without the hybrid.

My biggest hope is that Nissan will give us a clutch that works properly from the factory, as it seems 370Z folks have had the same issues with the master/slave on the hydraulic clutch as those of us with the VQ35HR. I hate the idea of having to get an aftermarket master and slave professional installed on a brand new car just to be able to be able to handle HPDE (The clutch pedal on my low mileage 2007 stuck to the floor multiple times on my first track day).
Old 02-03-2017, 04:12 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,263 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Thanks for sharing that info. Just FYI, there's a discussion on this already going on so if you want to hear others' opinions on this, check here:

https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...l#post10857372
The following users liked this post:
JERZ350 (02-06-2017)