IT HAS ARRIVED!!! - The 1st DIY-350Z Roadster - Top / Canvas Replacement Guide - Page 4 - MY350Z.COM Forums



Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2010, 05:02 AM   #61
saru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: houston
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks for guide i downloaded and havent yet had the chance to read it. i had a question tho, my top ripped by the d.s window because the rear bar above the rear window bended a lil. im new to working on tops and wondered where to get that part. im sure the guide shows how to replace the bar just wondered what the part was called or even where to purchase it. thanks for our time and effort.
saru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #62
sways350
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Like many have stated the water mark is HUGE!!! Regardless this looks incredibly simple compared to something like a VW EOS which is a convertible hard top w/ huge power sliding sunroof! I used to work for VW and that top is a real PITA!!

Thank you all who were involved in this very thorough DIY. I'll be ordering a new aftermarket cloth top (haartz) this weekend.
sways350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #63
N*E*R*D*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

IN.
N*E*R*D* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #64
ZRsaad
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
ZRsaad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Frisco, Tx (Dallas)
Posts: 78
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sways350 View Post
Like many have stated the water mark is HUGE!!! Regardless this looks incredibly simple compared to something like a VW EOS which is a convertible hard top w/ huge power sliding sunroof! I used to work for VW and that top is a real PITA!!

Thank you all who were involved in this very thorough DIY. I'll be ordering a new aftermarket cloth top (haartz) this weekend.

Glad I was able to return the favor for all the other members who have created DIY's that I've used!!
ZRsaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #65
karas..56
Registered User
 
karas..56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greece
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default !!!

!!!

Last edited by karas..56; 11-05-2010 at 01:23 PM.
karas..56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:30 AM   #66
karas..56
Registered User
 
karas..56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greece
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karas..56 View Post
!!!
i got my new original top installed from Nissan today and it's superb''.. a lot better than the aftermarket one.. defiantly worth the money..
karas..56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #67
sluggoZ
Registered User
iTrader: (128)
 
sluggoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karas..56 View Post
i got my new original top installed from Nissan today and it's superb''.. a lot better than the aftermarket one.. defiantly worth the money..
How much in US $$$$?
sluggoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:40 AM   #68
karas..56
Registered User
 
karas..56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greece
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggoZ View Post
How much in US $$$$?
around 3200 $$$
karas..56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #69
kellogg001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,
I am looking for a PDF or file with instructions to DIY top for my 350Z. Can anyone email the info to me or direct me?

kellogg001@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance, George
kellogg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 AM   #70
yogipower
Registered User
iTrader: (16)
 
yogipower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,103
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karas..56 View Post
around 3200 $$$
$3200? that's crazy.
yogipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:17 AM   #71
vtecsux
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
vtecsux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karas..56 View Post
i got my new original top installed from Nissan today and it's superb''.. a lot better than the aftermarket one.. defiantly worth the money..
how do you figure its "better" ? from what I've read the aftermarket one's seem higher quality.
vtecsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #72
karas..56
Registered User
 
karas..56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greece
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecsux View Post
how do you figure its "better" ? from what I've read the aftermarket one's seem higher quality.
^^i know it's much money but i bought it new and planing to keep the car for long time ...i have installed an aftermarket one before (STAYFAST CLOTH )thats called best but is not compared to oem ..was not fit correctly and not durable like the Nissan one.
karas..56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:53 AM   #73
SHILOW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Statfast cloth is more durable than the OEM vinyl. If properly maintaned, it will outlast the vinyl. The OEM top is nice also. It should last at least 4 or 5 years depending on weather conditions and usage.
SHILOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #74
karas..56
Registered User
 
karas..56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greece
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHILOW View Post
Statfast cloth is more durable than the OEM vinyl. If properly maintaned, it will outlast the vinyl. The OEM top is nice also. It should last at least 4 or 5 years depending on weather conditions and usage.
sorry but you are wrong OEM is thicker i have compared them both next to each other ..
karas..56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #75
sluggoZ
Registered User
iTrader: (128)
 
sluggoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karas..56 View Post
around 3200 $$$
Thanks!
sluggoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #76
SHILOW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karas..56 View Post
sorry but you are wrong OEM is thicker i have compared them both next to each other ..
Thickness does not equal durability. I live in Houston, Texas where we drop the tops year round. The summer months reach around 100 degrees consistantly. The OEM vinyl doesn't hold up here.
SHILOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #77
SHILOW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karas..56 View Post
^^i know it's much money but i bought it new and planing to keep the car for long time ...i have installed an aftermarket one before (STAYFAST CLOTH )thats called best but is not compared to oem ..was not fit correctly and not durable like the Nissan one.
Maybe you purchased a knock-off. Did you order the top yourself or did your installer purchase it for you. I'm wondering why you have gone through two tops already. The stayfast cost me $700 and I installed it myself. For the price you paid($3200) you could have 4 tops, an Air intake, and lunch.

Last edited by SHILOW; 01-03-2011 at 05:26 AM.
SHILOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #78
karas..56
Registered User
 
karas..56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greece
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHILOW View Post
Maybe you purchased a knock-off. Did you order the top yourself or did your installer purchase it for you. I'm wondering why you have gone through two tops already. The stayfast cost me $700 and I installed it myself. For the price you paid($3200) you could have 4 tops, an Air intake, and lunch.
i am sure you have water leaking inside .

Last edited by karas..56; 01-06-2011 at 12:55 PM.
karas..56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #79
SHILOW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My car is an 05' and the only time it leaked is when the original vinyl top developed holes in it. The top is fairly easy to install with the instructions provided in this thread. It took me around 5 hrs. with no experience. That includes running to the local hardware store for rivots, and double stick tape. I was nervous about trying it myself but I figured I could give it a try and if I wasn't successful, I could take it to a profesional to finsh the job. I am proud of the results. The tops looks more expensive and durable than the original top.
SHILOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #80
karas..56
Registered User
 
karas..56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greece
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHILOW View Post
My car is an 05' and the only time it leaked is when the original vinyl top developed holes in it. The top is fairly easy to install with the instructions provided in this thread. It took me around 5 hrs. with no experience. That includes running to the local hardware store for rivots, and double stick tape. I was nervous about trying it myself but I figured I could give it a try and if I wasn't successful, I could take it to a profesional to finsh the job. I am proud of the results. The tops looks more expensive and durable than the original top.
i like the oem allot better .about the cloth top i had also was not leaking in the rain only when i was hold the water for few min on top of the window between the rear and center weatherstrip ..

Last edited by karas..56; 01-10-2011 at 07:10 AM.
karas..56 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JMS Racing Twin Turbo VQ35HR MM'08_350Z VQ35HR 225 03-08-2017 03:50 PM
My FI friends, im at a loss of whats causing my issues. i turn to you. Colombo Forced Induction 29 10-10-2015 02:31 PM
Oil change with aftermarket oil cooler XM 1 Engine & Drivetrain 11 10-01-2015 10:44 PM
Replacing Tail light issue. 350z82 Exterior & Interior 19 10-01-2015 06:25 PM


Tags
2004, 350z, canvas, clutch, diy, install, made, model, nissan, replace, replacement, replacements, roadster, top, tops

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2008, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.