Notices
370Z Exterior & Interior 370Z body kits, exterior modification, interior styling and lighting

370Z PICS (RED)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 PM
driv3.5stick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow the shot of the side from the floor is incredible. this one really does it for me!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Celestak

Default Can U say Mugly??????

Thanks for the pics...

BUT...... I'm sorry this Z looks like ***, straight up...... the new maxima's kid sister on steriods..

the interior looks almost exactly this same the only reason to buy this one would be for the obvious performance improvements. That's it........

But Personally I'd rather just do a engine swap after they've been out for a year or two...
Old 11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
stevezcar

Those are some sweet pictures of the 370z. Looks awesome. Cant wait to see it in two days.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:33 PM
SchoolZin

I'm sorry but all you guys who say this looks sweet are smoking crack. This thing looks like Voltron or Optimus Prime is going to pop out of it. Seriously, this is just going a little too far Nissan. Z's have always been know for their round, sweeping bulbus curves. I know the Z33 was a little "edgey" in design when it first hit the public, but come on, this looks like someone decided to integrate a crappy ricer combat kit onto this thing. But hey, it's just my opinion.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by Celestak
Thanks for the pics...

BUT...... I'm sorry this Z looks like ***, straight up...... the new maxima's kid sister on steriods..

the interior looks almost exactly this same the only reason to buy this one would be for the obvious performance improvements. That's it........

But Personally I'd rather just do a engine swap after they've been out for a year or two...

Yeah, even the media is jumping on how it takes styling cues from the Maxima. WTF? Should be the other way around - Maxima Styling Cues FTMFL.

The maxima has always been one car on the road I could not stand. They have not looked good since the early 90's. Sometimes the front-end is cool, but the back-end is ugly, sometimes the back-end looks good, but the front end is ugly. Either way. the Maxima has been riding the ugly train for a while now.

And now Nissan has the stupidity to take styling cues from the Maxima - that's just plain pathetic. Can't they be original for the redesign of their iconic sports car? Even the steering wheel is from the maxima... Center console is from the G and Maxima... FTL...

But.... if this is a Cayman-S eater, I can see past ugly - I'll be a fan-boy. But if the power-to-weight ratio does not significantly improve and if they cheat and try to improve acceleration by gearing instead of power/weight, I'll be a hater for sure.

You know how the 240 and 260 evolved into that ugly-a$$ early-eighties monstrosity? That's where nissan's styling is going. Trendy does not win the long race.

We asked for a baby Godzilla and they gave us a baby Maxima...

Last edited by hiz-n-herz; 11-13-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:46 PM
enuff4life

ahh....

The only thing I like about 370z is interior... and side;;;
Old 11-13-2008, 08:17 PM
newtkindred

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Yeah, even the media is jumping on how it takes styling cues from the Maxima. WTF? Should be the other way around - Maxima Styling Cues FTMFL.

The maxima has always been one car on the road I could not stand. They have not looked good since the early 90's. Sometimes the front-end is cool, but the back-end is ugly, sometimes the back-end looks good, but the front end is ugly. Either way. the Maxima has been riding the ugly train for a while now.

And now Nissan has the stupidity to take styling cues from the Maxima - that's just plain pathetic. Can't they be original for the redesign of their iconic sports car? Even the steering wheel is from the maxima... Center console is from the G and Maxima... FTL...

But.... if this is a Cayman-S eater, I can see past ugly - I'll be a fan-boy. But if the power-to-weight ratio does not significantly improve and if they cheat and try to improve acceleration by gearing instead of power/weight, I'll be a hater for sure.

You know how the 240 and 260 evolved into that ugly-a$$ early-eighties monstrosity? That's where nissan's styling is going. Trendy does not win the long race.

We asked for a baby Godzilla and they gave us a baby Maxima...
If you guys can not see 240Z all over this car I can't help you much. This Z is more true to the original. Don't take it from me, read any of the articles written about it.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
newtkindred

Originally Posted by SchoolZin
I'm sorry but all you guys who say this looks sweet are smoking crack. This thing looks like Voltron or Optimus Prime is going to pop out of it. Seriously, this is just going a little too far Nissan. Z's have always been know for their round, sweeping bulbus curves. I know the Z33 was a little "edgey" in design when it first hit the public, but come on, this looks like someone decided to integrate a crappy ricer combat kit onto this thing. But hey, it's just my opinion.
What you must realize is that everyone has their own opinions. I could say those who think the 350Z looks better than the 370Z are smoking crack but I wont because, well, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make a statement like that. I loved the 240Z. Had a couple of them. Let me tell you, I would look over 240Z's more than most people. Study it's lines (and mechanicals) and this Z is definitely bringing back some of its design cues.

I would consider myself a hardcore 240Z enthusiasts. There are guys I hang with that have no respect for any Z after the 280Z. For me, this is the first Z since the 240Z that I am truly interested in and excited about because Nissan finally brought back some things from the past and modernized them. It is the Z I have waited a long time for to be produced. The 350Z is nice but to me this is the real deal. I am sure many of the guys who truly understood the original Z understand and "get" this car. Now Nissan is talking "Z"!

http://jalopnik.com/5084319/2009-nis...sign-dissected

"Conclusion

The 2009 Nissan 370Z arrives with the long hood, short rear deck proportion of the original 240Z and does so in a fresh and handsome new way. Although we'll have to see it in person to know for sure, so far this appears much less an evolution of the 350Z and more a homage to the original Z car design philosophies, something we wholeheartedly welcome."

Last edited by newtkindred; 11-13-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 PM
SchoolZin

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I agree. I am glad that there is a group out there that will enjoy this car, it's just not going to be me. I too am a diehard Datsun/ Nissan enthusiast. I have owned a first generation 240z, a 1600 Roadster, a 71 510 coupe, and now a Z33, S13, and a B13 NX2000 (Lord knows most people have opinions about the styling of that car). I don't quite see your approach to the 370 showing so many distinct cues as the original 240 much at all, in fact I find that almost laughable in trying to compare the two. I am glad that Nissan has put the Z on a diet which it greatly needed, but
mark my words, this is not going to be the Z that enthusiasts or the media are going to be gawking over 20 years from now. With that being said, if you like it buy it and enjoy it! I hope Nissan is successful with it and does well with it, I just won't be trading in my '03 anytime soon for one. Cheers.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:05 PM
newtkindred

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I agree. I am glad that there is a group out there that will enjoy this car, it's just not going to be me. I too am a diehard Datsun/ Nissan enthusiast. I have owned a first generation 240z, a 1600 Roadster, a 71 510 coupe, and now a Z33, S13, and a B13 NX2000 (Lord knows most people have opinions about the styling of that car). I don't quite see your approach to the 370 showing so many distinct cues as the original 240 much at all, in fact I find that almost laughable in trying to compare the two. I am glad that Nissan has put the Z on a diet which it greatly needed, but
mark my words, this is not going to be the Z that enthusiasts or the media are going to be gawking over 20 years from now. With that being said, if you like it buy it and enjoy it! I hope Nissan is successful with it and does well with it, I just won't be trading in my '03 anytime soon for one. Cheers.
I find it surprising that you owned a 240Z and do not see the resemblance. But it is all a matter of opinion. But I am not the only one who feels this way. Do you think the media that claims that there are many cues from the original are just making things up or they have poor assessments of cars? I see a classic in this Z.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 PM
SchoolZin

Like you say, everyone has opinions. The media has theirs and they do not always agree with each other. Just as you and I have our own two opinions, any two writers/ publishers can have their own as well. I am glad you enjoy it, when you buy yours park it next to a '70 and post a pic. I would love to compare the two side by side. Cheers.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:28 PM
newtkindred

Like you say, everyone has opinions. The media has theirs and they do not always agree with each other. Just as you and I have our own two opinions, any two writers/ publishers can have their own as well. I am glad you enjoy it, when you buy yours park it next to a '70 and post a pic. I would love to compare the two side by side. Cheers.
Actually, I am digging for photos of 240Z's now. :-) To make some detailed comparisons. Off the subject, but what would you consider to be your favorite Datsun/Nissan of all?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:29 PM
god350z

OMFG UGLY!
Ill be keeping my 350z.

I dont know what they were thinking.
I mean obviously they are all smarter then we are, but, i dunno could have come up with something better.
I dont think this 370z will last more than a couple years.
Time to bring back the 240sx
Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 PM
trebien

I still don't know wtf they were thinking with those door handles...and the rear bottom light thing really takes away from the backside... like the door handles take away from the smoothness of the side angle.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:35 PM
ZZtopp

I've been looking at quite a few cars lately trying to decide what to move onto next. One thing I've noticed is that certain vehicles look so much better in person than in pictures. For example, the AMV8 looks good in pictures, but it looks INCREDIBLE in person.....2-D photos just don't show the sheer muscularity and dynamic form of this amazing design.

I think the 370Z may have the same problem....this car might just stun quite a few of the naysayers once they see it for real. It's not as cleanly detailed a design as the 350Z, but it's a far more complex, aggressive and exciting redesign of some classic Z styling cues. Once a 350Z and 370Z are placed side by side, the older car may seem quite dated and boring by comparison.

One thing is for sure, the 370Z is not subtle or bland....not a bad thing for a sports car.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:40 PM
fabcas311

the 370z should look 100X better in person!!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:37 AM
yogipower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw one in my area too..I thought it was something else but that was 370z.

Its growin on me but then i think 350z looks better
Old 11-14-2008, 04:11 AM
jray8

looks great!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:24 AM
supergoji

nice! get pics of the tires!!!!!! and it looks like the Hood channels air to the roof, and on the sides of the glass there is angled body work which channels air to the spoiler with all those sets of ridges.

i wonder how slippery this thing is. i hope it's the same or better than the GTR! .26cd ftw! along with downforce

Last edited by supergoji; 11-14-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:18 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

10 pages and no interior shots? Seen the half as$ 1 of the wanna be strut but dang. And id buy 1 in black if they gave me payoff 4 my car +10K and then i would just change the rims and a drop and some tint. But thats not gonna happen so

Quick Reply: 370Z PICS (RED)