Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Republic of Korea

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Rookie84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed this thread. I'm from Korea and currently studying abroad at Ohio State. I'll be going back this winter and I'm thinking about buying a built turbo Z to take back to Korea(just sold my RX-7). BTW, does anyone know how hard it would be to pass noise and emissions test? I might not qualify for 이삿짐 as I don't think I'll be here in the states with the car for more than 3 months, which is the minimum for 이삿짐. So it would be just like importing a car and getting it registered the hard way.

Anyway, I used to post a lot at Evo Club of Korea and they hold mountain runs in the weekends. It looks like a lot of fun(although bit dangerous) and I think I'll give it a try when I go back. Organized street drags look like a lot of fun, too.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:45 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rookie84
I just noticed this thread. I'm from Korea and currently studying abroad at Ohio State. I'll be going back this winter and I'm thinking about buying a built turbo Z to take back to Korea(just sold my RX-7). BTW, does anyone know how hard it would be to pass noise and emissions test? I might not qualify for 이삿짐 as I don't think I'll be here in the states with the car for more than 3 months, which is the minimum for 이삿짐. So it would be just like importing a car and getting it registered the hard way.

Anyway, I used to post a lot at Evo Club of Korea and they hold mountain runs in the weekends. It looks like a lot of fun(although bit dangerous) and I think I'll give it a try when I go back. Organized street drags look like a lot of fun, too.
If it's not going to be 이삿짐, then forget about it... Buy all the parts and bring it with the car. Once you pass the emission and noise tests, install them. Check out my sig for Korean 350z club.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
PhreeZe

So I've been in Korea for about 3 weeks now and I've seen 3 Z's... I have yet to spot the famous leeboyNY LOL. However, I did see a orange Koenigseg CCR the other night. Damn, it's too hard to be ballin' in Seoul huh?

Jason
Old 10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Marino Z
Know it all

leeboy,

I think I spot you in gwa-chun couple months ago making u-turn front of the Nukoa mall.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:00 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by Marino Z
leeboy,

I think I spot you in gwa-chun couple months ago making u-turn front of the Nukoa mall.

Wow~ I live near there.. I moved to gwa-chun 4 months ago..
Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Take some pictures of korean girls.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:34 AM
definitionxmk

where can we get some parts for the Z out here? or at least rims... we can take advantage of the WON rate and get us some nice wheels! $1=W1500 FTW!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:23 AM
chopperman

There are alot of places to get wheels, you just have to find the right place that has the correct offset/bolt pattern. Etc. Mabe leeboy can inform us. Im looking for a new set now also.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:45 PM
definitionxmk

^yeah... i did see a hyundai running on enkei RPF1s so there HAS to be something out here. i guess i'm going to have to ask a KATUSA or my ROK Counterparts.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:41 AM
chopperman

Does anyone know where to purchase car audio equipment over here? Are there any major car shops that sell speakers, amps, double dins?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:51 AM
LMBLF8

a neighbor told me his buddy runs a shop in itaewon...i just got to seoul a week ago. non military, us born korean so i've been out looking for where the races/cars are. after watching some of the babodream videos while in the u.s., i HAD to check it out for myself and boy is it true about the baller *** cars out here. well if anyone wants to meet up or grab a bite to eat, i'm down, PM or post works.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:59 AM
definitionxmk

^i'm down. just let me know when and where...
Old 11-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Specl4ces18C

Hope you guys are staying away from "Hooker Hill". Seen too many come back with the gift that keeps giving.

Does anyone still go to Stompers after curfew? If the curfew is even still in effect. I was there in 2004, Camp Casey.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:07 AM
chopperman

hell yeah im down
Old 11-04-2008, 01:03 PM
definitionxmk

curfew is at 0300 on the weekends now... apujeoung (spelling?) usually if any later than that.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:53 PM
LMBLF8

Originally Posted by Rookie84

Rookie...I remember that SN from supraforums, ahnyoung! You still post there as well?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:20 PM
LMBLF8

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
^i'm down. just let me know when and where...
hey, I talked to chopper and he said hes stationed at humphreys, are you there as well? we should all post up where in seoul we are. haha i'm korean and i still don't know all the different parts of seoul...thats what i get i guess for not visiting as often.

ichon-dong here also in gang-nam area often as well! hell i got here a week ago so i'll be all around...

should we make a new thread of seoul-ers that are down to meet up?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:36 PM
chopperman

I rather go up to seoul because thats what I do every weekend. Seoul FTW. Definition is in Seoul right next to itaewon.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:18 PM
definitionxmk

like chopper said, i think seoul is the best place to meet up. more of a variety of things to see. anyways, i do live right next to itaewon. i literally get out of my house and walk 5 minutes... and i'm at the mcdonalds on the strip. THAT close. i'm down for some type of meet or get together this weekend or whatever. i'm off monday and tuesday (depends on the boss) so we can do other stuff then. oh and we can celebrate the elections as well!

hmmm a my350z meet with no Z in sight... this can be interesting.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
LMBLF8

def- im guessing if you're in itaewon that you are in an apt or house and not on base?

i'm down for a get together of Z-less members here but i'm sure we'll be able to find lots of stuff to do around the area esp the night life in seoul.

chopper and def, do you guys have curfews?

Had lunch today, again in kangnam, and on the way drove by the Lamborghini (with new white gallardo 560 out front), Ferrari (saw 2 430s in there and i think 2 599's), Zonda, Maserati, BMW, Benz, Audi, Infinity, and Mitsu (with 2 Evo X's out front) dealerships.

While eating lunch, a white F430 with black rims with yellow calipers and blacked-out tails (are they carbon ceramic a la Porsche?), pulls right up to the Hotel while I was looking out the window and dude parks it right in front of the steps. I ran down mid eating to get some pics and will post them up. anyone have/know of any pic hosting sites? Oh and in the garage of the hotel, while out for a cig break after eating, saw a white bentley GT Mullinger-sp? no pic of that tho. On the way back home, Black bentley flying spur which i have two pictures of.