Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Roadster - Screen glare & wind glass sub vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 11:59 PM
goracerx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roadster - Screen glare & wind glass sub vibration

I installed an Appradio 4 and with the top down in sunlight it can't be seen. I was thinking of putting anti glare over it like I did for the Magellan I have in the removed cubby box. I have ordered the OEM shroud piece which has the visor and will try to glue the Nav in place. May pay a radio shop to cut a plastic to fill in the lower uncovered parts instead of oem pieces and *****.

So I knew glare would be an issue which is why I never replaced the radio and also kept the Magellan for navigation. I'm not sure if the anti-glare screen protector will be enough. Has anyone tried it? I don't care about the iPhone apps, only radio and Bluetooth calls.

So I replaced with rear sub with 500w to a 10" sub in that custom box. The problem is at volume 15 the glass rattles and I have enough power to go to 50. I'm not sure if dynamat is the solution or if I should sacrifice power and use the stock metal plate and run it semi free air instead.

The fronts are JL C3 and its all hidden except for the mic and nav antenna (another project). Hopefully the crossovers have a negative switch for the tweeters. Even though they are silk, they overpower the mid's. Speaking of mids, the rears are OEM with the Bose amp but I plan on replacing them with 6.5" 2ohm Focal mids