Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
QdotJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
I don't know who you are but you honestly have forced me to unsubscribe from this thread, regardless of the fact that I started it.

Kwame, you can't allow anyone, known or unknown, push you away from informing the rest of us on how great this install of yours is coming along. Agree to disagree - Simple but not that common.....

If it weren't for you I wouldn't have even known about the Seas Lotus world....
Old 06-05-2007, 11:27 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

jeez, i bet that was expensive
Old 06-05-2007, 11:59 AM
JimRHIT

Originally Posted by SQ Kuk
"the best thing about kwames sub install are that the subs are firing to a focal point on the rear hatch creating a compression, rolling off the window to the focal point."

Is that suppose to be a good thing for SQ? Focal point... hahaha, more like big *** reflection. I beg to differ. Would you like me to school you. Just let me know when.

Please ... do school all of us ... I am waiting for this explanation.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:05 PM
SQ Kuk

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
hey bud...

maybe i remembered wrong, but i thought audioshoppe was the shop behind keith's install? maybe i heard wrong, but i do know that shop pretty well from word of mouth to do some good work...

i was so busy talking to dealeres who came by the car audio booth that i never had a chance to go to the home audio side, but i did hear similar comments about hte new drivers and the amp and reciver they got. did i see you over there? i was the big asian dude haha the only one in the DLS booth

yeah that was peter who demoed the BMW to you then, played pink floyed overall pretty loud stuff?

iasca been going down hill for years now lol...the car i wantd to hear if i could have made to finals was eddie dejesus's truck, not sure thats who you meant by sandbagging...he had the truck completely rebiult before finals...and cuased a bit of a stirr, though honestly non of it was eddie's fault or intention...chalk up another mess up to iasca IMO...

the car that diesappointed me this year at ces was the focal car, for how much interior work was done, i thought it'd sound better, maybe it was becuase the guy demoing to me had no clue whats going on...but didnt sound very good at all...
The installer that installed it, works at Audioshoppe, but he also works for another shop PT.

Big Asian Dude... Were you wearing glasses, Chubby(no offense). I think i might have met you. I have a bad memory sometimes.

I popped my own CDs in the BMW and the Beetle.

Eddie's truck was the controversy, it is not fair for a veteran competitor that was in the Ultimate class to drop down one. Iasca did mess that up, but at the same time, he is a veteran. Its awkward when you drop 1 class down and have nothing to say against it.

That Focal car is a 100% show car... I didnt even think about listening to it. The doors gave it away, along with the multiple sets of speakers.

Last edited by SQ Kuk; 06-05-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:14 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Please ... do school all of us ... I am waiting for this explanation.
Hey Jim..... Looking forward to this.

And Kwame.... I understand why you would want to unsubscribe, but be sure to update us still along the way. We all want to see your finished project.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 PM
SQ Kuk

I don't know who you are but you honestly have forced me to unsubscribe from this thread, regardless of the fact that I started it.
I apologize if I offended you. I will quietly leave this forum. My knowledge is obviously not wanted here.

I do not feel a good welcome here.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:19 PM
JimRHIT

No Kuk stay ... knowledge is always welcome ... but aggressive (as some of your posting came across) and offensive posting isn't. Share your wealth, but be prepared to be questioned.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I apologize if I offended you. I will quietly leave this forum. My knowledge is obviously not wanted here.

I do not feel a good welcome here.
Its not that you offended me its that you are starting to turn this into a pissing contest, NOT COOL.

Your opinions are more than welcome, but you should try and bring them out in a manner which is less confrontational.

Everyone has reasoning behind their comments whether it comes from personal experiences or hearsay. I am sure you have a ton of credentials but I know I for one wouldn't bother to hear a lick of what you are saying if your going to come across like a know-it-all.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:26 PM
JimRHIT

to hear a lick of what you are saying if your going to come across like a know-it-all.

Ruh roh ... I come across as a know it all too but I think most hear me out b/c of the manner that I relay my points...I'm very passive are rarely serious
Old 06-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by QdotJ
Kwame, you can't allow anyone, known or unknown, push you away from informing the rest of us on how great this install of yours is coming along. Agree to disagree - Simple but not that common.....

If it weren't for you I wouldn't have even known about the Seas Lotus world....
Q, you are right.

Now its on you to pass the secret (well not really that much of a secret at all) of the Lotus to another Audiophile.

Originally Posted by SirSpeedyZ
jeez, i bet that was expensive
It cost a little bit, but it was all worth it. I would and I will do it again. I was telling JimRhit next time the only decision won't be whether or not to do it, it will be what car to do it in, GT3 or GTR?

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Ruh roh ... I come across as a know it all too but I think most hear me out b/c of the manner that I relay my points...I'm very passive are rarely serious
I don't listen to you either.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:55 PM
derekinthez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default look

You are right, but the sound quality you get especially when you play cds more than makes up for its looks.
i like the look myself--looks quality unlike the plastic crap on most jvc, panasonic, blah, blah, blah, etc.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
SQ Kuk

Here is my formal apology... If i came across as a know it all, I apologize. That was definitely not my intention. I was offended by someones response, which struck a nerve in my neck

Once again, i apologize.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Kwame

Here is my formal apology... If i came across as a know it all, I apologize. That was definitely not my intention. I was offended by someones response, which struck a nerve in my neck

Once again, i apologize.
Understood, well let me be one of the first to say welcome to the forum or welcome back to the forum.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:26 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Glad to see you back in the thread, SQ.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:44 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

yeah that was me ...met too many people that i dont remember who was whom

on the focal car htough, i thought that was an USACi comp car?

i am going to stay away from the back-and-forth on this thread lol...

in the end, as long as it sounds good to the owner of hte vehicle, thats what matters we can debate acoustics theory and waht not all day...and end up nowhere

b

p.s. SQ KUK, are you over on the insiderforum? from the sounds of it, you should be a relatively well know guy on the forum interms of caraudio, can i fish for a name? for some reason the name Albert pops up...

Last edited by 16psibrick; 06-05-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:10 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

nevermind i found out hehe, we share a mutual freind in common welcome to the board Albert.

b
Old 06-06-2007, 05:06 AM
SQ Kuk

thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I wonder who the mutual friend is 16psi...
Old 06-06-2007, 06:55 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

anthony (vestax)
Old 06-06-2007, 07:07 AM
SQ Kuk

i just figured that out in another thread
Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
HARRYPOTTER

Omg

Quick Reply: High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)