Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Aussie letter of complaint to Nissan Aust.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 10:45 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad idea but I'm yet to see one parked anywhere and I'm not sure they'll stop if they see me chasing them waving a sheet of paper out the window and shouting something.

LOL Well I would enjoy the chase but I dont think that would work too well either. I do always notice them so stopping and leaving something wouldnt be hard for me at all.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:08 AM
nismor33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update on my friends issue. Nissan Oz want to get the car and measure the track on it.....not sure what they are looking for but they want to see if its a fault from the factory.......duh!

Hey my friend from work bought an RX8 and what he told me about Mazda has made me more determined to "speak" to Nissan.

He was recently sent an advanced driver training voucher, books, the car of the year mag (Motor??) and cos all the Rx8 owners complained it was hard to get a key ring for the key, they send all owners a customer RX8 key ring. He has just raved aout how good they have been.

I cant even get my grease streaks fixed! Maybe they will send me some windex!
Old 03-31-2004, 02:12 AM
apsilon

Originally posted by nismor33
Hey my friend from work bought an RX8 and what he told me about Mazda has made me more determined to "speak" to Nissan.

He was recently sent an advanced driver training voucher, books, the car of the year mag (Motor??) and cos all the Rx8 owners complained it was hard to get a key ring for the key, they send all owners a customer RX8 key ring. He has just raved aout how good they have been.

I cant even get my grease streaks fixed! Maybe they will send me some windex!
Mazda customer service is excellent. I bought a second hand car for less than half the money of the Zed and the service and ongoing support was outstanding. Comparing them to Nissan is like night and day.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:59 PM
CAR2

Well an update on my warrenty issues - after a series of phone calls I got 3 calls back - all very sorry etc no one had rung. Promises of action etc. That was 2 days ago - silence since then.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:34 AM
KY350

Windex - LOL!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 02:07 AM
nismor33

I would not put the windex past them....and them charging $39.99 for Nissan Windex.

M
Old 04-01-2004, 11:05 PM
MR RIZK

Which TSB(s) are we talking about ? Let me know and I'm happy to sign
Old 04-04-2004, 06:57 PM
apsilon

Well what a surprise. I just received a customer satisfaction survey from Nissan Oz. Unfortunately half of the questions relate to the service department but I can still let them know what I think for the rest and why I don't use the service department. Can't wait to fill this in and send it off

As for our group letter I hop to get to it over the Easter weekend, had a lot of work come in all at once over the last 2 weeks.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:07 PM
mchapman

I got a survey when I first bought the car, but I dont think it was a Nissan survey. Give them what for!

Dont frett about the letter, you've been good enough to take on the responsibility so whenever you get to it.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:26 AM
zuff

You get a second survey at 10'000kms... i'm just wondering what to say...it's hard to be tactful when you are pi$$ed off.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:36 AM
apsilon

Bah. Not even going to try and be tactful. Pure blunt truth.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:56 PM
CAR2

Well Nissan finally got back to me (1 week after my calls!) - service manager was annoyed he had not received any TSBs on the Z. Turns out there is a fix for the window grease and they are going to fix. Nothing yet on the Bose or gearbox or the boot lid not opening enough (have to use both hands). We will see what happens. I dont think Nissan have passed on any TSBs to local dealers - he got his from USA.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:59 PM
apsilon

At least that's something. The dealers I spoke to didn't care if there was a TSB in the US even if it covered my VIN. They won't do anything unless it's issued locally.

Think I may have developed the seat squeak, got to do some research.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:21 PM
mchapman

I got my survey today, but I havnt had any dealing with Nissan yet, so I'll have to go down there and see what they say. I phoned them and they want to see the car and get me to recreate the problems for them.

Anyone know how to get the Audio Pilot malfunction easily?
Old 04-06-2004, 06:56 PM
apsilon

It's not that the Audio Pilot malfunctions as such it's just the overall sound quality and alterations made by it. If you're happy with the sound then I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:04 PM
mchapman

Well the volume does go up and down by itself, so that is the audio pilot. And a seperate issue is the general quality.

But does anyone know of any circumstances which make the audio pilot adjust the volume, so I can recreate it on que?

I dont know what they will say when I tell them the quality is bad. Its such a subjective thing. We'll see, then i'll do the survey.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:21 PM
apsilon

I can't say how to reproduce it, it's fairly random. You can drive down one section of road and it'll be all over the place, next day drive down the same stretch of road and it won't do a thing.

There is 2 TSBs regarding it if that helps at all. They mostly cover the sound quality FWIW.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:24 PM
REDZED

Another "count me in", i love the car but the audio is crap, and I have the "clunk" in the LHF suspension - the service guys told me they had fixed it by re-torqing the rear suspension !

Nissan are notorious for this sort of thing... Camshaft wear on 200SX's - never head of it before, well why are there two more in your workshop with exactly the same problem? Oh well you must be using the wrong oil, no exactly what is in the service manual. Oh we had to change that - well why wern't owners notified etc etc........ The cam regrind guy reckoned he could just about retire on 200SX cams.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:20 PM
zuff

I bet you they send their techs on "play dumb 101" courses!
Old 04-08-2004, 01:15 AM
KY350

Is everyone able to open the rear hatch by pressing the unclip buttom located in the rear licence plate recess, just once?
I usually need to press that button twice for the hatch to release fully. The first press lifts the hatch slightly, but does not undo the latch. So I need to press the button again to release the latch and be able to lift the hatch up.
This is probably my most frustrating experience with the Z. I can live with the seat squeak and audio pilot. In fact, I might book the vehicle in for a fix of these issues and give Nissan an opportunity to fix them before signing petitions etc.
If no response from Nissan, then I'm happy to join in the Nissan bashing.

Quick Reply: Aussie letter of complaint to Nissan Aust.