Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

anybody know the name of these parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:53 PM
StreetSports

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default anybody know the name of these parts?

What is the plastic thing that clips on to coil springs? They are always clipped on to the first couple coils to stop the grinding noise.

Also does anybody know of anybody that makes the top and bottom spring isolators that work with aftermarket coilovers? Mine only came with steel rings and I would like to add some poly ones or rubber.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by StreetSports; 03-03-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:08 AM
monztr

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Spring seat isolator or spring seat bushing. Coilovers don't have them because racecarparts. If your springs are rattling around you need to get adjustable height struts so you can have your ride height at near zero preload, less than zero preload allows for spring seat hop which is why it's rattling. You can also run zero rate helper springs but they can still rattle, or raise the car a bit and run a touch of preload should minimize the rattle. Also any metal, poly or delrin bushings will make it worse.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:21 PM
StreetSports

Thanks for the info. Do you also happen to know the name of the plastic part that actually clips on to the spring itself? Its in the shape of a spring and covers the first couple coils (to stop the first couple loops of the spring from grinding against each other).
Old 03-06-2015, 06:50 AM
monztr

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't looked that closely at the stock springs but most OE applications don't put anything on the coils beyond the seat. I have seem OE applications where there is an isolator or whatever you want to call it on the first coil, usually where they go into a seat with no seat bushing, I highly doubt you'll find anything like that for 2.5" coil's. You could find some tubing and split it and lay on the coils if you have room between your collar or hat seat. If your coils are rubbing on each other you either have bad collapsed springs or your spring rate is way too low. what spring rates are you running? are you running less than zero preload?
Old 03-07-2015, 10:42 AM
StreetSports

My rates are 7kg/10kg here is a pic of what I'm talking about...the ones on my factory springs cover 2 rungs of the spring.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:13 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

tein sells this I believe