Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Concern about a 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 04:01 PM
tracklover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the confirmation.

I will continue looking for a month or so, if still no luck I will try to bump up my budget to 12k.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:07 PM
superlim9

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts

You'll get some much cleaner examples for 12k... i know some of my club guys have listed theirs for around that. but heres one you could probably get 1k taken off atleast... but that is an 06 so needs to be inspected by nissan dealer for oil consumption

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...sting=93064269
Old 11-29-2014, 04:26 PM
tracklover

Thanks again. Will expand my search with the two sites you mentioned and check out your links.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:03 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hell I had my 2004.5 Touring 6 speed for sale for $12k and it only has 58K.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:37 AM
bad boyz

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks more like a plain 2005 touring seems like everything is adding up to that!

Last edited by bad boyz; 11-30-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:52 PM
tracklover

Last day of the long weekend plus the marathon event, the traffic is bad and was thinking of checking out another 350Z from another dealer not far away.

Before firing up the engine, the dealer asked me whether I would like to pay by cash or finance, I said finance, then he said you know the bank is close today. Then after checking out exterior, mechanic, interior. I thought, if I can talk the price down a little bit (the car is several thousand higher than KBB), I might just want to go with it because the seat is very comfortable and I like the interior color and exterior color combination, and mechanically seems fine.

Then I started pointing out several issues to the dealer, the windshield is dripping, the front bumper has a hole and some scratch, the rear bumper has scratch, all wheels have dents from curb but before I can finish saying all those. He suddenly became very inpatient "are you gonna buy it or not?" "the price is firm, like it or not"

What a rude dealer, never have I met such a dealer before. If a dealer can be so inpatient pre-sale, hardly imagine how he would react if you notice some problem after buying. And I truly believe that the when people criticizing a car, it means they are at least into it. If I don't like a car, I simply says the car is all good, but it's just not for me.

Last edited by tracklover; 11-30-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:40 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't even think that's a touring. It has no Bose or steering wheel radio controls, does the enthusiast have brembos? I'm pretty sure the performance model does so it can't be that..
However we know its not a base cause of tcs, and not gt cause no vdc or nav... Not track or 35th anniversary cause no brembos, so only leaves enth, or performance model, not sure which one it would dont know for sure about those two models.

And that dealer seems incredibly rude and is probably gonna pull one over on you some where. Definitely walk away from him with the finger up. Lol
Old 11-30-2014, 05:41 PM
che69velle

http://m.mdautosales.net/search/used...tp-mk44-md417/

Took a look at this car today they are willing to drop price to 14, 900
Old 11-30-2014, 06:25 PM
tracklover

Originally Posted by che69velle
http://m.mdautosales.net/search/used...tp-mk44-md417/

Took a look at this car today they are willing to drop price to 14, 900
Ahh this one seems like a good deal. Thanks.

I will still go take a look at the other two cars you share, but because of traffic (they are slightly further than the one I checked today and I thought it's the last day of holiday the traffic seems bad so i didn't go that direction) and other errands, I didn't go today.

Last edited by tracklover; 11-30-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:28 PM
tracklover

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
I don't even think that's a touring. It has no Bose or steering wheel radio controls, does the enthusiast have brembos? I'm pretty sure the performance model does so it can't be that..
However we know its not a base cause of tcs, and not gt cause no vdc or nav... Not track or 35th anniversary cause no brembos, so only leaves enth, or performance model, not sure which one it would dont know for sure about those two models.

And that dealer seems incredibly rude and is probably gonna pull one over on you some where. Definitely walk away from him with the finger up. Lol
Yes, but the rude dealer was referring to another one, not the one for the car that I posted picture. The one that I had questions with was a touring and I've already passed because that mileage is not a good deal for a touring.

Last edited by tracklover; 11-30-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:11 PM
FOOKhonda

I'm kinda confused now, I was under the impression that the pic was the first car in question, then another car was to do with the rude dealer, is that correct or did I miss something? My first statement was about the car in the pic, and just added a second statement about the rude dealer.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:36 PM
tracklover

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
I'm kinda confused now, I was under the impression that the pic was the first car in question, then another car was to do with the rude dealer, is that correct or did I miss something? My first statement was about the car in the pic, and just added a second statement about the rude dealer.
That's correct. Sorry for the confusion. It's my bad, shouldn't make that complain about another dealer in the same thread, I was just a little bit frustrated after seeing the first dealer listed the first car with mistake (they claimed it's a anniversary edition) and the second dealer being rude.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:31 PM
FOOKhonda

Yeah, I was also adding that not only were they wrong about the anniversary model, but I think they are also wrong about it being a touring model, unless its older and older models don't have Bose or steering wheel controls. I have an 06 touring with Bose, and steering wheel controls (that are no longer used)

I would've been pretty frustrated with a hassle like that as well, honestly looking back I'm surprised mine was listed as a touring model correctly, but then again they sell a decent amount of 350z's they had an 06 blue touring one as well, I always wondered who's it was cause it had the my350z decal on it on the window and under the hood but it didn't run all that well, the engine was shaking pretty bad maybe bad mount? Or something worse internally... Had a good few mods already too, I like a clean slate to start with though...

Sorry bout the rant lol.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:21 AM
Dekker001

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by superlim9
Not an anniversary pack... just a touring... those are base brakes... and 6600 rpm redline = non rev-up.. but no BOSE so that's weird.
Yah, the 6600 RPM redline on the manual is a dead giveaway. I was fooled the same way. Still love my car, but I'm pretty good at looking hard at anything that claims to be a 35th now.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:00 PM
tracklover

The first dealer also has another 350Z enthusiast listed as grand touring. But they are primarily dealing with pickup trucks, so I am not gonna criticizing them that much.

Although I feel odd that Nissan would build such a wide product lines without any significant difference. I think skilled mechanic might be able to convert some models to the advanced one by replacing a few parts.

After reading Dekker001's reply, I think it's a good idea to check the redline for someone who is not familiar with 350Z, like me.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:04 PM
tracklover

A little bit off-topic: the automatic one's shifter looks like a sequential transmission. Has anyone driven one? How's that compared to true SMT? Is it similar to paddle shift that is also eventually controlled by computer unlike the Ferrari one. I guess that's a dumb question.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:17 PM
che69velle

Get a 6spd
Old 12-01-2014, 09:23 PM
tracklover

Originally Posted by che69velle
Get a 6spd
I know. I was just curious. My daily driver is a stick shift as well.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:29 PM
che69velle

Drove a friends 04 auto roadster it sucks.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:36 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by tracklover
A little bit off-topic: the automatic one's shifter looks like a sequential transmission. Has anyone driven one? How's that compared to true SMT? Is it similar to paddle shift that is also eventually controlled by computer unlike the Ferrari one. I guess that's a dumb question.
I have an auto, its got a sport shift mode, but its not like you can drive it like a manual, if you bang it off the rev limiter it goes into "limp mode" for a min, like tcs is activated (i did it on accident One morning super tired I tried to shift, but moved it the wrong way.... Don't ask.....

However the performance isn't much different, I've beat manuals with my auto. But also remember autos are made to shift better than someone could in a manual.

It really depends what your using it for though, but auto can do well too...

But sport shift mode has a bit of lag when shifting, maybe .3-.5 seconds I'd say.. I've heard the valve body upgrade does away with the lag though, maybe mostly, maybe all the way, can't say for sure cause i don't have the upgrade.

Quick Reply: Concern about a 350Z