Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Jonatan 855

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problems

Hi guys I just bought a clutch master stage 3 clutch and stock flywheel, I'm having problems getting the car to go in gear. So I put a bigger rod in the car to see if it would make a difference and it did the car was going into gear but then the clutch was slipping, so I put back the original rod back on and clutch was working and the car was going into gear. But every time I turn of the car to cool down the car won't go into gear but after I drive the car a while and let it warm up the gears go into gear so I don't know what the problem is if it just needs to break in or if the clutch cylinder needs to be changed. And I never had this problem with my old clutch
Old 04-16-2014, 11:41 AM
HK350 Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lets start with the year of the Z...that will help.If its an internal slave design (CSC) then you definitely should have replaced the slave and master when you put in a new clutch.Not sure if that recommendation changes regarding the master and slave if you have the external design.

What fluid did you put in the tranny after the replacement?After I replaced my clutch I had a very hard time getting into gear using Motul, had to replace with Redline and issue went away immediately.

There are a million clutch threads on here, did you search?