Notices

Turbo Timer Install Write Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 06:56 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy ZEAOULZ is trying to hook up a Blitz FATT DC IV turbo timer and was wondering wha the blue wire should be hooked up to. I found another install page and it said that the blue wire is accessory power meaning a 12v signal only when the key is in the ACC or ON position. Just wondering if anyone can confirm this and what wire they used.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:20 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
My buddy ZEAOULZ is trying to hook up a Blitz FATT DC IV turbo timer and was wondering wha the blue wire should be hooked up to. I found another install page and it said that the blue wire is accessory power meaning a 12v signal only when the key is in the ACC or ON position. Just wondering if anyone can confirm this and what wire they used.
In my Blitz wiring diagram it says blue is the secondary ignition wire. I just taped that wire off. Red to constant, black to ground, green to ignition wire under dash (stock wire color is black with red stripe) Thats how mine is hooked up. Oh yeah and purple to ebrake wire under center console.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:26 AM
blackend

thanks alot for you miaplaya you help me alot with you write up to connect turbo timer
Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by blackend
thanks alot for you miaplaya you help me alot with you write up to connect turbo timer
Glad I could help..
Old 04-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Gman2004

Just a head up for those that want to install a turbo timer. I had a turbo timer in my car and it was nothing but a pain in the ****......I couldn't use my auto lights because the door has to open and close after the car shuts off or the auto light feature won't engage. It was also giving me problems with my after market alarm. I had to have the alarm rigged so I could arm it will the car was running, because it would not arm itself after the car shut off because again the door had to be opened and closed for it to arm itself. Also if I armed the alarm myself while the car was running the alarm would go off after the car shut down from the vibration. Basically it was just a fuking headache all around. Most the time I ended up just sitting in my car to let it cool down instead of using the turbo timer.

Long story short, I ripped out he turbo timer and got a new clifford alarm that has a built in turbo timer as well as starts my car. It is a couple hundred more than a turbo timer, but well worth not having to deal with all the little chit.

Last edited by Gman2004; 04-17-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:54 PM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by miaplaya
Step 7: Find a 12 volt source for the turbo timer. I used the red wire in the fuse bank in the drivers side foot well. It is a solid red wire and is thicker then all the others down there (Probably 14 AWG in size). I also soldered this connection. (To use that wire I had to remove the black plastic coating on the Blitz harness so I could get enough length in these two directions but both wires were more then long enough. The 12 volt source wire on the Blitz turbo timer is a solid red color.
i found all the wires needed for the install in the connector below the steering column as miaplaya stated in step 5. of his write-up. No need to go to the driver's kick panel (footwell) for 12V power.

the colors were as follows:

12v (+) white/blue stipe
Ignition (+) black/red stripe
Accessory (+) white/black stripe

Grounded under dash. just loosened a screw and put the fork from the ground wires under it then tightned it back down. All three grounds (two blacks and one purple) were grounded here. All connections were soldered.

here is a pic of the connector
Old 04-17-2006, 01:57 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by vitaminZ
i found all the wires needed for the install in the connector below the steering column as miaplaya stated in step 5. of his write-up. No need to go to the driver's kick panel (footwell) for 12V power.

the colors were as follows:

12v (+) white/blue stipe
Ignition (+) black/red stripe
Accessory (+) white/black stripe

Grounded under dash. just loosened a screw and put the fork from the ground wires under it then tightned it back down. All three grounds (two blacks and one purple) were grounded here. All connections were soldered.

here is a pic of the connector

Thanks for the addition Jaime...hope the writeup was still a bit helpful...
Old 04-17-2006, 05:49 PM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Thanks for the addition Jaime...hope the writeup was still a bit helpful...
was very hepful! thnx for taking the time
Old 05-17-2006, 01:07 PM
NETSHARK

thanks for the writeup MIA, and for the pic Jaime, but i have a doubt about something !!!

yesterday i`ve installed my buddy`s HKS Turbo Timer on his EVO9 its just GREAT !! it has additional options beside standard Turbo Timers, but the problem is i`m trying to find out where should i connect:

Vehicle Speed Signal
Engine Speed Signal (RPM)

tried the ECU Wiring Diagram on the Workshop Manual but didn`t find both on the ECU !!! please help
Old 05-30-2006, 05:42 AM
NETSHARK

LOL @ my first post sorry i meant our ECU !! the 350Z ECU not the evo please guys anyone of you know where`s the Speed/RPM Signal on our ECU ???
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 AM
NISMOFO

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
thanks for the writeup MIA, and for the pic Jaime, but i have a doubt about something !!!

yesterday i`ve installed my buddy`s HKS Turbo Timer on his EVO9 its just GREAT !! it has additional options beside standard Turbo Timers, but the problem is i`m trying to find out where should i connect:

Vehicle Speed Signal
Engine Speed Signal (RPM)

tried the ECU Wiring Diagram on the Workshop Manual but didn`t find both on the ECU !!! please help
Yeah, is everyone buying turbo timers with all of these extra features but you just end up setting it to manual mode anyways? I would like the turbo timer to read how the car was driven to adjust how long the car will stay running. There has got to be additional wiring for this correct?

On the Blitz, what does the secondary ignition wire do (if not tapped off)?

Anyone got any more pictures of theirs installed/mounted?
Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 350Track
Yeah, is everyone buying turbo timers with all of these extra features but you just end up setting it to manual mode anyways? I would like the turbo timer to read how the car was driven to adjust how long the car will stay running. There has got to be additional wiring for this correct?

On the Blitz, what does the secondary ignition wire do (if not tapped off)?

Anyone got any more pictures of theirs installed/mounted?
The Blitz unit will do the auto timing without any additional wires being used. You just set it to auto mode and will calculate how long to run the car after you remove the key based on how long you were driving the car. The secodnary ignition wire is used for other cars like Toyotas that need it. I don't use the auto timer mode because I prefer to have a set time frame of cool down. I recently moved mine to 3 minutes cool down to compensate for the heat wave we have been having in SoCal.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:50 PM
NISMOFO

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm going with the Blitz, and I plan on using the e-brake feature. I already took my center console out. Can you post a close-up pic of the unit installed?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:48 PM
NISMOFO

*Edit* Ignore what I wrote here sorry.

Last edited by NISMOFO; 07-06-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:50 PM
JonathanAboona

thanks..... will be using this soon
Old 07-13-2006, 04:35 AM
NETSHARK

I think GReddy Turbo Timer is very similar to Blitz, except that the GReddy has a additional wire for the speed mode, same feature as HKS Turbo timer which will measure 0-400m time plus other options.

but the problem with Blitz is that i didn`t find any english blitz manual, its comes only in japanese, so i took the GReddy manual as a reference hope this will help some people a little bit.

Name:  TurboTimerWiringDiagram.jpg
Views: 6089
Size:  101.6 KB

GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer Manual - Right Click and Save Target As
Old 07-29-2006, 05:59 PM
SleepyZ

Just an FYI. I just installed the DCIV on my 350 and the blue wire which isnt mentioned in this writeup conects to the white wire with a blue line on it on the same connector that the black and red wire was under your steering wheel. Other than that...exact same connection as the 3. I just installed it alone 2 nights ago. Took me 30 min.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:14 AM
NETSHARK

I`ve made a small Diagram which will make it a lot more easier for beginners like me :P

Name:  TurboTimer.jpg
Views: 2087
Size:  12.1 KB
Old 09-27-2006, 06:28 AM
k3silk

Ok today i try to hook up my turbo timer and the color codes were diffrent i try using the same pin numbers but that did not work. The colors for the 06 are

{G____W/R____B/R__}
{ W/G W/B }

thats the codes you have
G-green
W/R- white red
B/R- Black RED
W/G- white green
W/B White Black

can someone tell me what each color is because i cannot hook up my turbo timer if i dont know what color does what.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:17 PM
XuperXero

I got the Apexi one, Just wondering where's the ECU and which pin is for O2 sensor. Apexi has A/F gauge but I need the pin from the ECu to read that.

How do I take off center console without breaking it for the ebrake wire? which one's ebrake wire?

P.S. Great write up! I'm using it as a guide to install it this weekend.

Quick Reply: Turbo Timer Install Write Up