Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Puertoricans exterior progress to Laguna Seca Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fapped inspite of the hot pink calipers.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:44 PM
puertorican

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

lol...ya the calipers do look pink....I didn't care about the color because I am planning on color matching the calipers Laguna Seca Blue....The progress build may look like its going by rather quickly, but don't be fooled my car has been in the shop since May. Delay was due to waiting on parts to arrive and then waiting for the shop to finish up insurance claims and other cars that were in the shop before mine.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:34 PM
puertorican

I ordered some hatch struts from JasonZ-Ya for my carbon fiber hatch. They came in on Saturday so I will be dropping them off to the shop tomorrow. Hopefully I will have updated pics tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:15 PM
RedlineAZ

Haha!!! I always buy new stuff as an excuse to show up at the shop without looking like I'm impatient or trying to rush them lol. If i show up empty handed it looks like I'm keeping tabs, if I have something to bring, its all good haha. I've bought over a grand worth of stuff just so I have a good reason to drop by lol.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:25 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

^ No offense, but if it's your car and you're paying them your money, that you earned, for any kind of service, wouldn't it make sense for you to "keep tabs?" Why would you have to make excuses for yourself to check up on the progress of your car?
Old 08-15-2010, 03:29 PM
puertorican

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
Haha!!! I always buy new stuff as an excuse to show up at the shop without looking like I'm impatient or trying to rush them lol. If i show up empty handed it looks like I'm keeping tabs, if I have something to bring, its all good haha. I've bought over a grand worth of stuff just so I have a good reason to drop by lol.
great minds think alike
I always go to the shop to check on progress because I am paying them good money to have my stuff done, but I am sure I give off that impatient customer vibe (because I am lol)
But I always like to use the "I came to drop off new parts" excuse to give me more reason to go to the shop and check on progress

Last edited by puertorican; 08-15-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:40 PM
puertorican

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
^ No offense, but if it's your car and you're paying them your money, that you earned, for any kind of service, wouldn't it make sense for you to "keep tabs?" Why would you have to make excuses for yourself to check up on the progress of your car?
I completely agree with you on this. But as I previously said I know that they must get that Impatient customer vibe from me. I work about 5 min away from the shop, so on days that I have nothing to do or I get off of work early, I stop by. Its my right as a paying customer to check on the progress of my car,and I exercise this right to the fullest, but it always helps showing up to the shop with something new to give them.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:48 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by puertorican
Its my right as a paying customer to check on the progress of my car,and I exercise this right to the fullest, but it always helps showing up to the shop with something new to give them.
At least we can agree on the first half of the above sentence.

I personally let everybody know in advance that I am rather picky and expect quality. I usually tell (or ask) them that I will make random visits to see how my car is doing, too. Honestly, I think they should expect you to keep tabs (read: different from micromanaging them).

My body shop has video cameras that you can access online to see what's going on at any given time, though, so their perspective (or maybe philosophy is a better word) may be very different from yours.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM
litoflow

Puertorican i like your progress as well silverstone brother hahah too bad you changing out the colors but regardless of that i like were you are headed my friend. Get some pics up of the finished product soon haha no me hagas esperar hermano hahah
Old 08-15-2010, 04:12 PM
puertorican

3hree5ive0ero-Bro I completely agree with you, as I am the same way. Prior to ordering parts or having my car painted or anything like, I always let them know how picky and attention to detail I am. I let them know that I will be frequently checking on progress(not micromaneging)....the only real down side to it is....Living in Hawaii quality body shops are scarce. Theres like one or two reputable shops....the shop my car is at being one of them. So even if I wanted to pull the car out, because work is being delayed, I would have no other place to take it.

Litoflow- Gracias hermano, no te voy hacer esperar pero ya tu sabe que hay que esperar para salir con algo perfecto y correcto la primera vez

Last edited by puertorican; 08-15-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:17 PM
litoflow

^^asi mismito es, pero nada el tiempo no mata a uno
Old 08-15-2010, 09:21 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

puertorican - Ah, I see your predicament. Things are not as limited in the main land, I suppose, so I can respect your decision. I wasn't trying to disparage you or anything, just saying what I believed (unaware of your location). I hope you or redlineAZ didn't think I was doing that.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
RedlineAZ

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
puertorican - Ah, I see your predicament. Things are not as limited in the main land, I suppose, so I can respect your decision. I wasn't trying to disparage you or anything, just saying what I believed (unaware of your location). I hope you or redlineAZ didn't think I was doing that.
No problem, I completely agree with what your saying I guess the part I left out was that I did tell them I am really picky, and encouraged them to take their time and make everything perfect. And that's why I hated showing up empty handed because I felt like it might send a wrong signal as if I was impatient. I would've hate for them to think I was becoming restless and have them slop it together quickly to get it done. The parts I bought were things I've been meaning to get for my car anyways, I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and have a good excuse to stop by without being annoying
Old 08-16-2010, 09:03 AM
puertorican

no worries bro....again I completely agree with you....
bump going to take more pics today after work
Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 AM
toogood131

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

I know how it is to be waiting, but it's worse for you, my car was only down for a month. Cannot wait to see the big changes in person
Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 PM
puertorican

Dropped off hatch struts today.
No paint yet, but car was prepped for paint.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 PM
sradenton

You putting that COOl sticker on your new hood?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:58 PM
puertorican

Originally Posted by sradenton
You putting that COOl sticker on your new hood?
Chad your dumb!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:35 PM
sradenton

Originally Posted by puertorican
Chad your dumb!!!
LOL. Hope everything goes good bro. If you need help with anything. Im down to help if I can. Can wait to do a cruise.

Last edited by sradenton; 08-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:51 PM
puertorican

Originally Posted by sradenton
LOL. Hope everything goes good bro. If you need help with anything. Im down to help if I can. Can wait to do a cruise.
Thanks bro...and you already know I will need your help when I Install the......in the motor

Quick Reply: Puertoricans exterior progress to Laguna Seca Blue