Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are rear diffuser worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:23 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFMike
Just general list. What turbo kit? Built motor? EMS? Fuel setup?
Power lab turbo. 6 psi .82 turbine. Straight pipe. Stock motor (for now). Running 600cc injectors. True duel exhaust conversion. Light weight flywheel. Camber and toe arm. Front and rear adjustable seat bars. G-spec Front struts.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:05 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still want to see 500whp+ at 9psi.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:07 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by taywan
I still want to see 500whp+ at 9psi.
Give me 10k to forge my engine and another 5k for a more aggressive cam+various mod and I'll be glad to show you 500+
Old 07-11-2014, 12:46 PM
ryanmackk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back onto the topic of diffusers and any effect... I would have to say they mostly do nothing on a road car. The thing with customizing your car with body kits, lips, and spoilers is that it's all for looks. Sure some can argue that there are some sort of benefits to airflow like with canards and other crap like that but the truth is none of us are engineers and none of us have a wind tunnel to prove it. I would put money down to argue that most mods add weight and reduce aerodynamics.....In my opinion it's all for show. It's like you see a GT3 car and say "yessss....that wing would look mighty fine on my car" then you slap your daily driver with a bookshelf of a spoiler which most likely do nothing but draw attention.

Real effects from body kits, canards, diffusers, and spoilers are seen on the track after engineers have had proper testing and fitting to justify the modification.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:04 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK what's you're paypal? I'll send it as a gift.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:36 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,296 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanmackk
Back onto the topic of diffusers and any effect... I would have to say they mostly do nothing on a road car. The thing with customizing your car with body kits, lips, and spoilers is that it's all for looks. Sure some can argue that there are some sort of benefits to airflow like with canards and other crap like that but the truth is none of us are engineers and none of us have a wind tunnel to prove it. I would put money down to argue that most mods add weight and reduce aerodynamics.....In my opinion it's all for show. It's like you see a GT3 car and say "yessss....that wing would look mighty fine on my car" then you slap your daily driver with a bookshelf of a spoiler which most likely do nothing but draw attention.

Real effects from body kits, canards, diffusers, and spoilers are seen on the track after engineers have had proper testing and fitting to justify the modification.
Most race cars on the track are built off theory and track testing, probably less than 1% ever see a wind tunnel.