Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner in need of assistance

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee9374
terrasmak is a veteran here, you would be stupid not to listen to him.......
I should listen to someone else's tastes because he's been on an internet forum for a long time? No thanks. I appreciate the help. I understand that it's a wide car, and I like the look of the wide kits. Muzzy and (spelling. bmcumccm or something alone the lines, don't quite remember) have/had this kit on, and it looked amazing. I appreciate advice and actual help, but telling me not to do something because you think I'll **** it up, or because you don't like it isn't how to help someone.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:31 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

that is the best thing, it is my opinion (as well as many others on here) that it will look like crap. it is your car, do what you want with it. most of us giving you honest answers more than likely have more into our cars than you paid for yours
Old 07-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Unicus

that is the best thing, it is my opinion (as well as many others on here) that it will look like crap. it is your car, do what you want with it. most of us giving you honest answers more than likely have more into our cars than you paid for yours
Exactly what I'm wondering. I haven't seen a single person say "Muzzy's car looks like ****" But when I look into placing the same kit on mine, "It'll look like ****."
Old 07-13-2014, 03:47 PM
travlee
Master

my personal opinion is that the Z looks great left alone.....like i said it is your car, do what you want
Old 07-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Unicus

my personal opinion is that the Z looks great left alone.....like i said it is your car, do what you want
That's where we differ. I think that stock looks too feminine, and I love the aggression of deep wheels and a wide kit.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:05 PM
frocker93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bmccann is sponsored by a lot of companies so I couldn't give you the price he spent, but to get a car to look like his is going to be 10-15k just in body work. A wide body car is really only for show cars or people with a ton of money. If you want aggressive, check out the amuse kits or the V2 and V3 nismo kits.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:07 PM
frocker93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It also doesn't help the femininity of the car when it's a white automatic. I would first buy nice, aggressive looking wheels, tint it and lower it and see how you like it then. Then maybe get a lip or something else. My first mod would not be 4k in body kit work.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:24 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm stepping in for petey and say this.

Jesus.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Unicus

Originally Posted by frocker93
bmccann is sponsored by a lot of companies so I couldn't give you the price he spent, but to get a car to look like his is going to be 10-15k just in body work. A wide body car is really only for show cars or people with a ton of money. If you want aggressive, check out the amuse kits or the V2 and V3 nismo kits.
Starting to rethink the wide. While I do love the look, I'll probably have to wait for awhile down the road until I understand wheel/tire size and depth/tilt etc. also no reason to go killer while the engine is still stock. I have fully decided against ED kits. Ill probably get a modest kit and have it painted pearl white to match. Next step is intake, (plenum spacer or something. Have to look into it more,) and exhaust. My exhaust is pretty rusted.
Also having a passenger window motor issue as of recently so that's no fun. But I washed her up today and waxed so ill check out kits more tomorrow. Thanks for the advice (everyone who wasn't a ****.)

Edit - this one seems reasonable. http://intensepower.com/sovabokit35.html

Last edited by Unicus; 07-13-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:01 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Unicus
That's where we differ. I think that stock looks too feminine, and I love the aggression of deep wheels and a wide kit.
says the person with an automatic
Old 07-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Unicus

says the person with an automatic
I never had the opportunity to drive stick. Nobody drives where I'm from and as soon as I turned 17 I joined the military. I've tried to learn in the past but things always come up. I'll be learning again soon from someone in order to ride a bike.

People that think they're better because their car is standard are pathetic. Yes, I'd like to drive stick because it's more enjoyable of a driving experience. Yes, it's better gas mileage and lasts longer. No, I don't have the ability to right now. Does that make you cooler? Nope.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:05 AM
travlee
Master

i dont think, i know
Old 07-14-2014, 04:11 AM
Unicus

i dont think, i know

EDIT - gorgeous.

Last edited by terrasmak; 07-14-2014 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Cleaned up
Old 07-14-2014, 04:20 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Starting to rethink the wide. While I do love the look, I'll probably have to wait for awhile down the road until I understand wheel/tire size and depth/tilt etc. also no reason to go killer while the engine is still stock. I have fully decided against ED kits. Ill probably get a modest kit and have it painted pearl white to match. Next step is intake, (plenum spacer or something. Have to look into it more,) and exhaust. My exhaust is pretty rusted.
Also having a passenger window motor issue as of recently so that's no fun. But I washed her up today and waxed so ill check out kits more tomorrow. Thanks for the advice (everyone who wasn't a ****.)

Edit - this one seems reasonable. http://intensepower.com/sovabokit35.html
Most/if not all of the nice wide body cars that are built are not daily drivers. If you look at the daily driven wide cars they are usually pieced together by someone that does not have the budget to do it right. I'm actually not a fan of either of the mentioned, Brian's IMO is the nicer of the two but Muzzy's has some awesome detail work. Both of those cars have well over $40k into the build.

As mentioned by me and others, throw a simple body kit on it (bumper, rear and sides) some nice wheels and your basic bolt ons. Once you get a different daily driver, build the Z into your dream car. It may never happen, if it does you will have a lot easier time selling it without a wide body kit on it.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:25 AM
travlee
Master

You have a small ***** as well as a low IQ, yes? I'm sure I can figure out the block function on this forum. Looks like vB. Go bother someone else kiddo.

EDIT - gorgeous.

quoted so you cant edit it......

Last edited by travlee; 07-14-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:38 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

@ bmcumccm
Old 07-14-2014, 04:51 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

People that think they're better because their car is standard are pathetic. Yes, I'd like to drive stick because it's more enjoyable of a driving experience. Yes, it's better gas mileage and lasts longer. No, I don't have the ability to right now. Does that make you cooler? Nope.
He originally never said that he was better than you because he has a manual. He implied that that an automatic Z is feminine, similar to how you said said a stock Z is feminine.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:54 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Phenom
He originally never said that he was better than you because he has a manual. He implied that that an automatic Z is feminine, similar to how you said said a stock Z is feminine.
well when it comes down to it, i am better than him. 08 hr vs 04 automatic

Last edited by travlee; 07-14-2014 at 05:00 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 AM
Unicus

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Most/if not all of the nice wide body cars that are built are not daily drivers. If you look at the daily driven wide cars they are usually pieced together by someone that does not have the budget to do it right. I'm actually not a fan of either of the mentioned, Brian's IMO is the nicer of the two but Muzzy's has some awesome detail work. Both of those cars have well over $40k into the build.

As mentioned by me and others, throw a simple body kit on it (bumper, rear and sides) some nice wheels and your basic bolt ons. Once you get a different daily driver, build the Z into your dream car. It may never happen, if it does you will have a lot easier time selling it without a wide body kit on it.
I understand, it took me awhile to realize this. All of you on this site should realize that instead of calling out and trolling every new person, maybe if you help they'll understand. That's why the entire car community frowns upon this site. Thanks for your geniune help. I'm going to put on a reasonable kit, not cheap (FRP or duraflex = cheap?) kit, and paint it to match my white.

Originally Posted by Phenom
He thinks he's cool because he spent more money on his car, that's fine. I don't mind blocking him and carrying on with my life.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:35 AM
travlee
Master

i gave good advice, he got all butthurt and blocked me. guess he cant handle constructive criticism

Quick Reply: New owner in need of assistance