Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner in need of assistance

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 05:09 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
. 5 year $3k loan at 10%, much less than the hit you would take at a dealership.

Let's say your car is worth/you can sell it privately for $12k and you own $15k , well the dealer is going to give you $9k, you lose your ***. Then they spell you a car that is work $12k once again for $15k plus the different of $6k and that how how most idiots start getting into deep debt.
Dealers really love young military kids, I see my airmen get hosed by dealers every week, they never listen.
Originally Posted by Unicus
My mechanic is looking at the car before I buy it, and yeah I have been looking at private sale, as I said I'm going to see what they offer me first.
They've agreed to a weekend test drive, I'll be leaving my car there. If she runs well and doesn't have many mechanical problems, ill try to negotiate a deal.
See terras post. You don't stand a chance negotiating with a dealership. If you won't sell for the price they want, they'll just move onto the next car. There will always be someone else.

You want to sell more than they need to buy.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 AM
MonkeyMagic72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You obviously don't understand finances, and I'm 19, so that should tell you something. The "a" in apr is annual. Meaning every year is 10% interest. So imagine that 20k loan with 10% apr. I calculated the total interest.

Total Interest on your Loan
Using the minimum payment you'll pay $7853.91($93.50 average per month) in total interest.

Tell me again how that's 2k?

And that's with an average 5year personal loan. And as for your contradicting "no buyer will give cash without the title." Once again.

Where the **** do you expect me to pull out 15k? Because let me know, I'd love to pay it off.

As for the "keep this one," after driving stick for basically the first time recently, I fell in love with it. First on a corolla and then my buddy's wrx. It's an amazing feeling, and I don't mind sacrificing now to be sure that the car I'm tuning and keeping beautiful is something that I won't regret putting money into.

Thanks for trying to help, but I know finances. I just don't know cars.
You obviously don't get the point. I threw that number up in the air, so hope you would stay away from dealership trade in.
I like your humor. And that is the reason you paid off within a year or less.
Whomever sign a five years on 20k loan at 10% apr is a fool and needs to go and take a financial class from Dave Ramsey, because everyone knows, the cash is king.
Sorry, I didn't know you were only 19. But I didn't remember I was that cocky when I was 19 while I was going to college, worked 2 full time summer jobs, made $8,000 and borrowed my parents $1,500 to paid for my first car 2001 Honda Civic. The point is, do what you have to do to get the money. That is all.

I swear, kids nowadays have too much ego in them, which is good. If only they would listen.

Ok, let's get back to the car topic.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
See terras post. You don't stand a chance negotiating with a dealership. If you won't sell for the price they want, they'll just move onto the next car. There will always be someone else.

You want to sell more than they need to buy.
Didn't say I was going to sell to dealership, only said I'd see what they offered. This place isn't that bad.

Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic72
You obviously don't get the point. I threw that number up in the air, so hope you would stay away from dealership trade in.
I like your humor. And that is the reason you paid off within a year or less.
Whomever sign a five years on 20k loan at 10% apr is a fool and needs to go and take a financial class from Dave Ramsey, because everyone knows, the cash is king.
Sorry, I didn't know you were only 19. But I didn't remember I was that cocky when I was 19 while I was going to college, worked 2 full time summer jobs, made $8,000 and borrowed my parents $1,500 to paid for my first car 2001 Honda Civic. The point is, do what you have to do to get the money. That is all.

I swear, kids nowadays have too much ego in them, which is good. If only they would listen.

Ok, let's get back to the car topic.
Don't throw numbers in the air that don't make any sense :S
And btw, @ the bold. go back a few posts and you suggested to use a personal loan because "it would be better than the dealership no matter what."

You've contradicted yourself at least thrice. And I make $8k in two months.
It's not that "kids have ego" that's the problem. it's when I explain I don't need financial help, only car help, and someone tries to tell me that they know that I'm wrong because they're old.

Mother manages 2 banks, I have the knows, you know.

And back to the car. Tested an '07 with 99k today. 13,9 sticker. The engine ran well, seemed fine but the interior was COMPLETE ****ing ****. Like, I want to find the owner that did this and punch him square in the mouth. Imagine every latch/spring broken possible. Yup, even the lighter on the pass side. All lights/mechanicals work properly though, so we'll see how selling my car private goes. I wouldn't mind lowballing them. They've had it for over a month already, and nobody's going to buy with that interior (I don't mind, as most of the problems eg. shifter is cosmetically broken, latches broken, scratched interior panels) I would have replaced custom anyway.
It's a work car
Old 07-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Syner

Didn't say I was going to sell to dealership, only said I'd see what they offered. This place isn't that bad.

Don't throw numbers in the air that don't make any sense :S
And btw, @ the bold. go back a few posts and you suggested to use a personal loan because "it would be better than the dealership no matter what."

You've contradicted yourself at least thrice. And I make $8k in two months.
It's not that "kids have ego" that's the problem. it's when I explain I don't need financial help, only car help, and someone tries to tell me that they know that I'm wrong because they're old.

Mother manages 2 banks, I have the knows, you know.

And back to the car. Tested an '07 with 99k today. 13,9 sticker. The engine ran well, seemed fine but the interior was COMPLETE ****ing ****. Like, I want to find the owner that did this and punch him square in the mouth. Imagine every latch/spring broken possible. Yup, even the lighter on the pass side. All lights/mechanicals work properly though, so we'll see how selling my car private goes. I wouldn't mind lowballing them. They've had it for over a month already, and nobody's going to buy with that interior (I don't mind, as most of the problems eg. shifter is cosmetically broken, latches broken, scratched interior panels) I would have replaced custom anyway.
It's a work car
There it is! Not listening

1) all dealerships are bad.
2) a personal loan is always better than a dealership
3) your mother does not manage 2 banks
4) you wouldn't punch him in the mouth
5) you don't make $4K/month

We aren't idiots. I've watched countless mutts like you pass through here toting themselves to be hot sh*t. You ask for advice, so respect those who offer it; even if it isn't something you want to hear.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:58 PM
MonkeyMagic72

JUNIOR, DON'T MAKE BRUCE HAS TO KICK THE SHIIIT OUT OF YOU, SO YOU CAN START TO LISTEN.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/1NzF0OZqUaFWw" width="500" height="213" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
Old 07-22-2014, 01:16 AM
Unicus

There it is! Not listening

1) all dealerships are bad.
2) a personal loan is always better than a dealership
3) your mother does not manage 2 banks
4) you wouldn't punch him in the mouth
5) you don't make $4K/month

We aren't idiots. I've watched countless mutts like you pass through here toting themselves to be hot sh*t. You ask for advice, so respect those who offer it; even if it isn't something you want to hear.
1) Correct
2) Wrong, as I've proven countless times in this thread via actual math. Or are you just...
3) You're right. She's my stepmother, but she raised me so I call her Mom.
4) Yes, I would.
5) Yes, I do. Go ahead and calculate Army E-4 pay with BAS,BAH, and 2years.

I respect advice given, not incorrect advice and attacks made at my mother. Get over it, you're wrong.
Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic72
JUNIOR, DON'T MAKE BRUCE HAS TO KICK THE SHIIIT OUT OF YOU, SO YOU CAN START TO LISTEN.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/1NzF0OZqUaFWw" width="500" height="213" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Have*

And just as I was starting to think this site wasn't full of idiots.

So what is it then? You all know 350z but that's about it?
Old 07-22-2014, 03:42 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,049 Likes on 6,515 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaand it starts again.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:55 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Base pay $2101
BAH $1410 without dependents
BAS $357

$3868 before taxes. BAH is high do to the area.

Last edited by terrasmak; 07-22-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:29 AM
Unicus

Originally Posted by travlee9374
aaaaaaaaaaand it starts again.
Hopefully not.

Base pay $2101
BAS $357

Correct, though I have a dependent.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:39 AM
travlee
Master

my advice, dont feed the fire....
Old 07-22-2014, 05:10 AM
Syner

too late for that...
Old 07-22-2014, 05:10 AM
Syner

Base pay $2101
BAS $357

I stand corrected on income.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:12 AM
frocker93

Wouldn't your mother be able to give you a good loan?

Last edited by frocker93; 07-22-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:13 AM
frocker93

I stand corrected on income.
That's before our wonderful a American taxes. He won't see about 1/3 of that amount. So 1200ish in taxes.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:13 AM
travlee
Master

i wouldnt think a bank would be able to give a family member a loan... almost like a conflict of interest
Old 07-22-2014, 05:19 AM
frocker93

i wouldnt think a bank would be able to give a family member a loan... almost like a conflict of interest
It's done plenty with kids I went to school with. First year out of high school they have a 40-50k truck while in college because mommy or daddy got them like a 1% loan.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:20 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by frocker93
That's before our wonderful a American taxes. He won't see about 1/3 of that amount. So 1200ish in taxes.
so basically ~$5500...

Same as up here, though it happens all the time. I used connections to get ~2% below the going mortgage rates at the time.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:22 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by frocker93
It's done plenty with kids I went to school with. First year out of high school they have a 40-50k truck while in college because mommy or daddy got them like a 1% loan.
it is probably in parents name then.... dunno
Old 07-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Syner

This. But don't ever expect them to admit it
Old 07-22-2014, 05:31 AM
frocker93

I've seen the titles and insurance because I'm friends with some and it truly is all in their name.

Quick Reply: New owner in need of assistance