Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions about headlight housings

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 08:13 AM
jburns

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default questions about headlight housings

Hey folks- I've had my 2006 for a year and a half now and I still love it. When I got it, it had the "eye lids" on the headlight housings. I see these on practically every Z- but are these OEM? I dug around a little on the site and I think the answer is "no"- just wanted to confirm. I like the look, but they don't fit all that great. Are there lids that fit well?

Another thing, there is a pretty big gap at the bottom of the headlight housings to the bumper. The bumper has been replaced with a stock Nissan piece- is there a gasket of some sort that fills that gap, or was something not installed properly?

Thanks!
John
Old 07-26-2016, 08:56 AM
AddisonO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello John,

If you are talking about THESE (which I think you are), then no. I have a 2007 without them.

As far as the gaps, are there gaps anywhere else to any other exterior panels? Or is the gap just between the bumper and the headlight? How "big" of a gap (mm, cm, inches, etc..)? Adding a picture might help [me].

Also, please realize I'm a 350Z noob here (first post and 2nd week owning this car), so I may not be the best go-to guy here, but I'll try to help as much as I can.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:29 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,060 Likes on 6,523 Posts

post a pic, it would help
Old 07-26-2016, 09:30 AM
jburns

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Ha- Thanks- I'm pretty much of a noob here too. I read more than post. Yes, that is the eye lid- sort of- that one looks painted on! I'm at work and don't have the car here- no photo right now. But even that eye lid pic shows the gap much tighter. I can't see a gasket there. Hmmm...

Good luck with your car- I haven't done any mods yet. Just having fun driving it. This is my first Z- my main hobby is old Chevy muscle cars. The Z is a fun alternative to a 68 Camaro with a huge motor!