Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Gauge Needles & HVAC knobs

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:10 PM
tragikmuse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Gauge Needles & HVAC *****

I am upgrading the sound system and painting all the parts that love to get scratched. While i have it apart, i figure i may as well go ahead and change the gauge faces and the LEDs so i can have blue and purple lights instead of the stock red/orange. The thing that is holding it all up is those darn gauge needles (which are red in mine) and the HVAC *****. I want to eliminate those colours as completely as i can.

I have searched the web to no avail so i find myself posting to ask if ANYONE knows where i can get clear gauge needles for my instrument cluster. The other question i have is if other years climate control ***** are compatible with teh 2006 i have. the 04 looks like it has nice clear ***** which would allow me to get rid of the red.orange completely.

I did search through about 100 pages of forums and didnt see this addressed already so if its a repeat, i apologize. I appreciate any help you can provide.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:45 PM
Steelcyclone

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

You can start here https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterPatchbay/videos for clear needles. He uses clear needles on some of his work, I know I heard in one video he mentions what needles he uses. Don't know if ***** are interchangeable but I highly doubt it. If you take the 06 **** apart I believe you can gently sand the orange film off.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:59 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

The climate control ***** are NOT compatible. They are completely different animals. I wanted to do the interior swap so I did a lot of research on that. I also have taken apart both and the mechanism is different. That is why an 06 control **** requires an 06 control box. (The white box )
Old 12-31-2016, 09:23 AM
tragikmuse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I have actually watched alot of vids by the guy you mentioned and havent found it yet. I even wrote him and got no response as to which needles he uses. I was hoping someone happened to know but i will keep looking.

Appreciate it!