Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder HID LED DRL headlight

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 10:48 AM
OneBoostinZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder HID LED DRL headlight

Does anyone have these? I just got them and were suppose to be direct fit with my harness. I have xentec 55w ballast for my lows which is a h7 hosting but my highs which on the plastic of outside says h7s are actually h1s so my harness was to a double prong h7 but h1 clearly only one prong...? Anyone can help me out
Old 01-10-2017, 08:14 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Even if you get them to work, you be very disappointed with the light output and beam pattern. Pure junk, as other threads here have shown. Send them back. If you want some better lights for your Z, which I'll guess is <'06, get the Depo BiXenon replacements, which are almost as good as the OEM '06> BiXenons, and they're reasonably priced.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:37 PM
OneBoostinZ

Yea I think I'm going to ship them back. They're not wanting to cooperate with me though. They've sent two damaged Parts to me and didn't want to compensate for the damages at first. They didn't note that these are the halogen model which doesn't fit my car. I greatly appreciate the input thank you
Old 01-11-2017, 12:23 AM
dcains

Get your credit card company involved if the vendor (which I hope is not JM Auto Racing) isn't going to cooperate. When that's settled, these are the lights to get, and there is are several threads about how to install them on an earlier car, whether you had original HID's or halogen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-BI-XENO.../252718491549?

I should also add that you shouldn't buy cheap Chinese-made HID bulbs, or you'll be disappointed again. Get Sylvania, Philips, Osram, or Morimoto from a reputable vendor, and pick a color temp between 4300K and 5500K.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 AM
OneBoostinZ

It was actually andys auto. Worst shopping experience of my life. I'll definitely look into those and yea I was watching a good video the other day on the cheap bulbs haha have you ever seen the yunique headlights?
Old 01-11-2017, 02:21 AM
dcains

Originally Posted by OneBoostinZ
It was actually andys auto. Worst shopping experience of my life. I'll definitely look into those and yea I was watching a good video the other day on the cheap bulbs haha have you ever seen the yunique headlights?
Just looked them up. It looks like they install various LED mods, which is fine, and there are plenty of others who do the same, but you need a good set of lights to start with, like the DEPO or OEM. Plenty of threads here about doing those mods yourself, too.