Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Where exactly is BCM located?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Evolutionian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where exactly is BCM located?

Hi All!

hopefully someone can solve my problem here..

i bought a used 2006 350z base model earlier this year.. most of the things are still good.. milage is low except for a few flaws.. such as the driver side window one click up wont close the window.. it will go all the way up and come back down a bit.. i've searched the site and found out thats related to the window motor.. will get that checked out..

however.. after an accident on the highway where i was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of me causing a 22k cdn repair bill which was covered by insurance.. my remote stopped working..

tried to program it with the procedure provided here.. didnt work.. so i visited a nissan dealer.. they told me they cant get it to program.. apparently even with the computer plugged in.. there are no option for them to re-program the key.. and one of the service manager told me it could be due to BCM malfunctioning.. any idea?

just wondering where exactly is this BCM?

any help will be appreciated!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:16 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

BCM is behind the driver-side kick panel, next to the fuse box. You have to remove the dead-pedal first to get the kick-panel off.