Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Problems Starting/& Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Nykein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problems Starting/& Limp Mode

Hi fellow Z Owners :]
I have a 03 Touring, And recently i have been having 2 issues.

1. I feel as though it goes into Limp mode. I feel as though there is no power when I put my foot down in first gear and second gear. As if it is struggling to go. It does not happen all the time, however it has been happening more than not.

2. I have problems starting it. When i turn the key there is no noise what-so-ever, like if the starter was going out or no gas. I was thinking it may have to do with the alarm ? Most of the time it happens when the car has just been turned off then turned back on within the minutes to an hour. Like if i stopped at a store then came back and tried to start it. Usually i will try a couple of time after i lock then unlock the car and it will turn on.

Has anyone else had this sort these sort of issues?
Old 01-20-2015, 11:09 AM
alby13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for all i know you may be having 2 separate issues: one with the alarm and one with the ecu or a sensor perhaps.

have you thought about inquiring at your local Nissan dealer? can you give us more information on the kind of maintenance the car has had, when the last tune up and inspection was, etc.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:35 AM
Nykein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You

I have not gone into a dealership yet.

I got the car back in june 2014. I did all fluid changes soon after buying. i have had 2 more oil changed since. Odometer is at 89k bought it at 75k i have not done any other engine maintenance yet. I have the belts bought to get them replaced.

New Tires, New window motors, The car has been very good to me. I had a couple day time period where i was on the freeway and all of my dash lights came on minus the check engine light, and the MPH/ Gas Level Gauge stopped working, Along with the digital MPH gauge but my RPM gauge was still working. The car was still driving fine I brought it in for another oil change/check up at that time around 88k and not had the problem since.
but now its the other issues.
I was reading about some other peoples similar Issues. The limp mode could possibly have to with the Cam?
I am thinking i will have to have them check the ecu and sensors. Makes the most sense so far.
Also my Check engine light has never came on, even when all lights came on on the freeway. so possibly the fuse may be out? could possibly be on now if it was working?