Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Drivers side window stuck

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Easterli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers side window stuck

My driver side window is stuck, completely rolled down. We are going to replace the motor, switch, and regulator, but parts won't be delivered for a couple of days. Is there a way to get the window rolled up until the parts arrive?
Old 03-15-2017, 06:00 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Easterli
My driver side window is stuck, completely rolled down. We are going to replace the motor, switch, and regulator, but parts won't be delivered for a couple of days. Is there a way to get the window rolled up until the parts arrive?
Yes.
Take off the door panel, remove the lower access cover. Remove the 3 bolts that secure the window motor, remove motor.
Insert a 3/8" socket extension into the white plastic piece where the motor came out. Roll it up with the socket wrench and place 4 pieces of tape vertically from the inside glass over the top door frame then down the outside to hold it up.
Good luck w your repair.
The following users liked this post:
Easterli (03-18-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 AM
BjonesZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Easterli
same thing happened in my car, try holding the switch in the up position and slam the door pretty hard, worked for me and a bunch of other people. Hopefully works for you, good luck.
My drivers window motor died out the other day and just received my new one yesterday, hopefully the weather clears up a little this weekend so i can install it.