Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

MasterGrade Widebody 350Z STOLEN

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 01:20 PM
RaeZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcloud
Nice did you meet up at the RT 50. park and ride? I was there.

OP sorry to hear that it hasn't been found.
Yup I was there

Any updates on your car OP?
Old 06-06-2013, 08:20 AM
widebody350

Hey guys, thank you all very much for all your support and help. I am happy to say that today the car was recovered. The car is supposedly in great condition, no damage at all to the kit or paint which is great news to me.

Apparently they stole my shift **** and there is no damage otherwise. I have yet to see my car, so I will reserve full and final judgement till after I see it in person, which should be tonight or tomorrow.

I think the people who spotted the car on 95 did see the wrong car, as the steering column shows no sign of damage according to the detective.

I know the detective has an ID on the thief and will be making the arrest soon, if he hasn't already.

To summarize how the car was found and recovered: A friend of mine's, cousin's, younger brother's friend saw the car being towed through Vienna, VA. Well that guy texted another friend saying he just saw a modded 350Z being towed etc. When I told my friend my car got stolen and the whole FB thing went up, my friend's, cousin's, younger brother was talking with his friend who saw the car. He checked his text messages and found the date and time of the text. I took that info and got all the video footage from surrounding buildings and gave that to the detective. Detective did his thing and called me today saying that he found the car.

There is obviously some stories in regards to the individual and the tow company that I won't disclose at this time because this is technically an ongoing case and there will be a case after the criminal one so I don't want to put anything in jeopardy.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Wow!

Fingers crossed its in the condition they've described it as.

Glad your Z was found by your friend's cousin's son's grandmother's dog's former owner's personal trainer!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:08 AM
widebody350

Originally Posted by abarclay
Wow!

Fingers crossed its in the condition they've described it as.

Glad your Z was found by your friend's cousin's son's grandmother's dog's former owner's personal trainer!!!
LOL, when my friend was describing who saw it and how it was seen, I was initially like wtf? Probably not my car man that is too crazy lol. Ended up being my car on the tape when I checked. Sometimes life is crazy I guess.

Thank you, I hope it is too.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:08 AM
smokescreen

Originally Posted by widebody350
Hey guys, thank you all very much for all your support and help. I am happy to say that today the car was recovered. The car is supposedly in great condition, no damage at all to the kit or paint which is great news to me.

Apparently they stole my shift **** and there is no damage otherwise. I have yet to see my car, so I will reserve full and final judgement till after I see it in person, which should be tonight or tomorrow.

I think the people who spotted the car on 95 did see the wrong car, as the steering column shows no sign of damage according to the detective.

I know the detective has an ID on the thief and will be making the arrest soon, if he hasn't already.

To summarize how the car was found and recovered: A friend of mine's, cousin's, younger brother's friend saw the car being towed through Vienna, VA. Well that guy texted another friend saying he just saw a modded 350Z being towed etc. When I told my friend my car got stolen and the whole FB thing went up, my friend's, cousin's, younger brother was talking with his friend who saw the car. He checked his text messages and found the date and time of the text. I took that info and got all the video footage from surrounding buildings and gave that to the detective. Detective did his thing and called me today saying that he found the car.

There is obviously some stories in regards to the individual and the tow company that I won't disclose at this time because this is technically an ongoing case and there will be a case after the criminal one so I don't want to put anything in jeopardy.
That's a mouthful, but i'm glad to hear that your z has been/will be recovered safely. Word of mouth wins again!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:45 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very cool ending
Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Junkster

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Happy you got your ride back man!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:05 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool that your getting your Z back op!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 PM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by widebody350

LOL Ian that sounds too fishy. Check your car with a black light. A bunch of homeless people having sex in it could of happened.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats! Time to take it to Function:TUNED for a tune up
Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by abui01
I hate when I read something and I laugh and I can't remember why its funny.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:07 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats, could you at least tell us the nationality of teh thief?

So how long has that car been sitting in the garage before it was taken?

I'm hoping to see this car on the road, driven by the OP of course
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 AM
GothamZ

great news! glad to hear that!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:52 AM
C5_vette

Great news man! Glad to hear it
Old 06-10-2013, 05:46 PM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats on getting your car back!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:46 PM
widebody350

Originally Posted by abui01

LOL, well played sir, well played. But, I mean I just got it back from a crook, why would I take it to a...just messing around, it was too easy to pass up. Anyways that whole situation was a long time ago. I hope everyone from that shop is doing well and has moved past, just as I have.

I do not know the nationality of the thief yet, nor do I know if he has been arrested or anything. I have been very busy, but I will call the detective and check on the progress of the investigation tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you everyone. I am honestly very surprised, but also extremely happy with the outcome so far. I have a lot of stuff to do and a vacation to take, but when I find the time I will get the Z back on the road, so you guys should see me driving around and out at some meets soon.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:02 PM
MDrace_who?

Cool. happy endings are always good.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:12 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MDrace_who?
Cool. happy endings are always good.
You know of a good place?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 PM
RaeZ

OP - I was on Facebook and saw a photo of your car saying that it was recovered. I couldn't believe it so I checked the thread and am happily surprised! What nerve of this thief to have the ***** to tow your car around town. Glad this had a happy ending!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:27 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

sucks, we found my rims, we found this car. It took 2 months on my wheels.

I live in Herndon. Im in Reston all the time. BIGCLOUD doesnt work or live here. I have never seen him. delete his post! LOL

Awesome news!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 06-26-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Quick Reply: MasterGrade Widebody 350Z STOLEN