Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

syf0n v. InsaneAmine: track day @ No Problem Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 12:05 AM
syf0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default syf0n v. InsaneAmine: track day @ No Problem Raceway

As you may have guessed, the title of this thread is quite obviously a joke -- there's no way Guy (aka InsaneAmine) could ever aspire to be 1/4 of the driver I am!

At any rate, here are some photos from a private lapping session at the "local" track (No Problem Raceway) earlier this month. I figured I'd post'em up before I went back to college and forgot about it entirely, since Guy said I should post them some time.

InsaneAmine, myself, and my brother (driving the good ol' Boxster S) drove over to the track. It is about an hour from New Orleans. Once there we met up with my mom and dad, who were in my dad's 1986 Porsche 930 Turbo (mods include Borla quad turboback exhaust). Guy took all of these photos and gave them to me on a CD. So blame him for any technical problems.

Here's one of my car (taken from the other Z) on the way out to the track. I thought it was a pretty clear photo all things considered Good job holding that camera steady while we broke the sound barrier, dude!

This is a photo of the Boxster on the way over there. You can see the fin up, so I guess we were doing better than 75mph at that point. Don't ask me what those things are sticking off the bottom of the car -- training wheels, perhaps? Hopefully they are supposed to be there...

This was the pace car at the track. Mazdaspeed Protege. As Guy can tell you the instructor wa s alittle bit nuts in this thing. He really knew how to drive it, though...The guy let me drive it for a little while, it had this cute little turbo I can only describe as "squirty". It would come on randomly. Funny little thing...but the intructor could tear sh*t up. He was hauling *** past all of us constantly

My dad's '86 930 Turbo (widebody). He rarely takes it out of the garage. 30,000 original miles. It was a special occaison though, so he brought it out and had fun

Here is me coming around the final turn before the straight. Pictures by my friend.

Again. You can see the lean pretty easily from this angle. That turn (a wide elbow) was mostly drift -- lots of fun.

Here's Guy's car. Injen CAI and Borla exhaust. He's got some other mod too, but I can't think of what it is off the top of my head. It's got something to do with some wires I think...

Our cars while we were taking a break. To the right, a randome junky rustang. Invisible due to Guy's car blocking it is the huge chunk of grass stuck in my bumper from when I tried to follow the Boxster S through an s-curve. It just handles a lot better than the Z, unfortunately. Oops! No permanent scars, other than living down the huge cloud of dust I coughed up.

The 930 in front of Guy's car while I was apparently on the track. Again, Rustang 5.0 included free of charge.

Those are the photos we've got. The cars out were the two Z33s, the 930, and the Boxster S. No pics of the Boxster on the track unfortunately, but it was a joy to drive on the track again and it reminded me of why I still favor Boxster handling over the Z. As far as the Z was concerned, I pushed it pretty hard but did not do a huge amount of drifting because I am on a budget with tires. The afternoon went fairly well, and we all had a good time. Oh yeah, the Z definitely has 7X the ***** of the Boxster engine. Way more torque all the way around.

So that's it. There are some other photos, but they are not of the cars we raced or anything like that, mostly family junk etc. Hope someone finds these enjoyable I can answer responses until tomorrow night when I have to unplug my computer to go back to school.

Cheers, and thanks to InsaneAmine for the photos!

Last edited by syf0n; 08-24-2003 at 12:07 AM.