Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 11-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Chambers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many F-Cons have you guys tuned? And do you guys tune the AEM EMS?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Chambers
How many F-Cons have you guys tuned? And do you guys tune the AEM EMS?
32 F-con v pro year to date .out of the 32 units ,26 vq set ups .we will be breaking the 40 unit mark by the end of the year .as far as the aem ems our shop car is running currently on the aem box ,our shop car is a 06 350 z .this car also have the 4.2 l stoker engine with our stage four heads .aps extreme twin turbo ,we will be posting some dyno numbers very soon

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 11-06-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Sam,

1) Any update of the EMS?
2) Do you think you guys should look into the main cap girdle?
3) Why not include an O-ring with the package
4) what about a 90MM throttle body cast?

Thanks,

Az
As far as engine management ,the f-con will always be my first choice ,currently our shop car is running on the aem box ,and it does look very promising ,after test proving the aem .we will be focusing on the Motec .
The main cap girdle is being designed as we speak .it will be made out of 4340 billet .
O-ringing the block can be done easily for high boost applications .we had really good track recorded keeping the head gasket alive and no head lift issue to date .
Old 11-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Enron Exec

Will there be any plans to rework your stroker design for the VQ35HR?

It would be great if you guys could also supply Blackstone oil tests on your test motor for us to see.

Thank you GTM for giving us another option.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Lets see some dyno numbers....how is everything coming on the R&D side of your test car Sam/George?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:01 PM
gt3

Looks awesome! Can't wait for more info.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 AM
discom

Any updates?

How is the kit running on the test car? What are the numbers and what is the redline limit of the 4.2L kit?

Am waiting for more info before I make my decision on which route to take.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 AM
legend4life

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
87mm vs 90mm.... 90mm is what gives you more displacement, but the 87mm will allow higher possible rpm, because of the shorter stroke.

Bore/stroke ratios determine the shape of the torque curve. The greater the stroke the greater midrange torque, while opposite is true for higher bore/stroke ratio setups.
What are the stock vs stroker kit rod lengths? Isn't it rod/stroke ratio rather than bore/stroke ratio that determines the shape of the torque curve? What is the max safe redline for each stroke length option?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:50 PM
huffin-Z

sam...so if you are looking at running 800-1000whp with one of your kits witch stroker kit would you advise....also what stroker kit is everybody partial to???
Old 11-27-2006, 06:21 PM
discom

Still waiting for updates...this seems like a dead thread.

Is there a problem with the test car? It has been a few weeks and still no prelimary performance data.

I am seriously considering this kit, but as I will be shipping it halfway around the world to Singapore, I would like to have some assurance that it is a kit that has been tested on a production car. And some performance reports will be nice...like engine response, how it idles, HP and torque developed with which TT kit will be nice too.

Hope someone from GTM can respond soon....
Old 11-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by discom
Still waiting for updates...this seems like a dead thread.

Is there a problem with the test car? It has been a few weeks and still no prelimary performance data.

I am seriously considering this kit, but as I will be shipping it halfway around the world to Singapore, I would like to have some assurance that it is a kit that has been tested on a production car. And some performance reports will be nice...like engine response, how it idles, HP and torque developed with which TT kit will be nice too.

Hope someone from GTM can respond soon....
be patient. They were at SEMA, then Sam took a very well deserved short vacation, and just came back this morning. I'm sure he'll be back here soon to update the thread.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 PM
discom

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
be patient. They were at SEMA, then Sam took a very well deserved short vacation, and just came back this morning. I'm sure he'll be back here soon to update the thread.
Thanks for the info...at least I now know why there has been no updates
Old 11-28-2006, 07:10 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info...at least I now know why there has been no updates
Discom, I make a lot of trips to Singapore and have never seen a Z there. You are very lucky man. It's not a cheap hobby either, cars are like double the standard cost and the license is just as painful to purchase from what I have heard. Do you have anywhere you can really open her up?

As for the kit, I understand it’s installed in one of their high boost test cars, but due to his very busy schedule, was still working on getting all the data gathered. Let’s give Sam & George some time to organize everything so they can answer all the questions with confidence.
--B
Old 11-28-2006, 01:50 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

+1 /\/\/\ Where in Singapore are you going to open that thing up?? Maybe Malaysia. Also I heard they closed down "top ten" a night club in Orchard towers, Darn!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:15 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
+1 /\/\/\ Where in Singapore are you going to open that thing up?? Maybe Malaysia. Also I heard they closed down "top ten" a night club in Orchard towers, Darn!
Johore would be the ideal place to go all out.

I was in Singapore just this March met with one of Vinny's friends/also a former colleague and he was working on the new EMS for the VQ.

Must check you guys out when I'm next in Singapore.

G
_______
Old 11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
discom

Yeah...cars are expensive in Singapore. A Z costs about US$87K here. I am getting a G coupe which costs US$90K.

A BMW M5 costs US$330k while a Ford Focus ST costs US$60k. So cars modding is relatively cheap here

You guys are right...there will be no where to really do a run in Singapore...but I travel to Kuala Lumpur all the time and my average speed is 110mph and at times, I hit 190mph is my modded Volvo V70R I am hoping to hit 200mph in my G

I am working with a HKS technical center to mod my G, they are also a distributer for Cosworth and they are trying to convince me to go with a Cosworth built VQ35.

I will also be installing one of the first HKS TT kit...so it is going to be exciting

My car don't get here until just before Christmas, so I still have time to consider my engine options. Thus my desire to know more about the stroker kit.

Top Ten may be closed down...but there are many other clubs with similar "concept"...drop me a PM if you are down in Singapore

Cheers
Old 11-28-2006, 04:25 PM
discom

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
Johore would be the ideal place to go all out.

I was in Singapore just this March met with one of Vinny's friends/also a former colleague and he was working on the new EMS for the VQ.
Vinny's friend..is it Lester?

Drop me a PM when you are next here
Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 PM
thawk408

Yeah...cars are expensive in Singapore. A Z costs about US$87K here. I am getting a G coupe which costs US$90K.

A BMW M5 costs US$330k while a Ford Focus ST costs US$60k. So cars modding is relatively cheap here

You guys are right...there will be no where to really do a run in Singapore...but I travel to Kuala Lumpur all the time and my average speed is 110mph and at times, I hit 190mph is my modded Volvo V70R I am hoping to hit 200mph in my G

I am working with a HKS technical center to mod my G, they are also a distributer for Cosworth and they are trying to convince me to go with a Cosworth built VQ35.

I will also be installing one of the first HKS TT kit...so it is going to be exciting

My car don't get here until just before Christmas, so I still have time to consider my engine options. Thus my desire to know more about the stroker kit.

Top Ten may be closed down...but there are many other clubs with similar "concept"...drop me a PM if you are down in Singapore

Cheers
DAMN!!! Why are cars so expensive there?

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports Stroker Kit Upgrade...