Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Vrt.... :-(

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what is up with Eagle1's car? he's not getting reamed too is he? I liked his car alot
Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
advangs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FairladyFever
Is this the car that got busted doing 150+ racing a gsxr
Hmm. Where'd you here this?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 AM
FairladyFever

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
You know what kills me the most..Guys like VRT got their car on the cover of D-sport mag with a full article...Some newb who knows nothing of their reputation, will fall victim to them next..This is completly unreal. VRT and anyone associated with them past or present needs to be lynched.

Well i do agree that mike is a peace of **** co@k sucking ***get and trust me i let him know this almost on a daily bases.But i disagree with the lynching part there are good ppl that were fooled by that punk as$ bit*h.

when i started the very ridiculous tech thread it was because i knew the as$ raping had just began and i tryed to warn ppl but few non believers still got raped.

Also some inside info JWT is after miguel alvarez for stealing 15k in parts.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:42 AM
FairladyFever

Originally Posted by advangs
Hmm. Where'd you here this?
Its one of the double down cars right
Old 09-12-2007, 10:43 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
I have no vested interest in the VRT saga (though I did attempt to bring to light a local member's issue last year regarding their VRT build and got a heap of **** from forum members), but if the DSport publication is an issue for some, why not contact them directly with the information presented on this site?
I think the best way is to have the moderators reopen BuZz's thread so he can updated with the "new" issues that have come to light with VRT so that way we only have to show one link.
Maybe if many someone can prepare a letter we can all use to send them an email about it it woudl help
Old 09-12-2007, 10:46 AM
FairladyFever

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
I think the best way is to have the moderators reopen BuZz's thread so he can updated with the "new" issues that have come to light with VRT so that way we only have to show one link.
Maybe if many someone can prepare a letter we can all use to send them an email about it it woudl help

trust me i talked to the editor of dsport i gave him an ear fool
Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 AM
IIQuickSilverII

trust me i talked to the editor of dsport i gave him an ear fool

and his response was ...... ?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 AM
FairladyFever

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
and his response was ...... ?
one of shock and awe lol there is gonna be something in next months dsport to cover there *** so i was told
Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
jwttz

Originally Posted by Motormouth
what is up with Eagle1's car? he's not getting reamed too is he? I liked his car alot
From what I understand from previous threads is that he is staying there with vrt and is entering the SCCC or what ever it is by sport compact car this year.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 AM
FairladyFever

whats up? B. Its the dirty mexican lol
Old 09-12-2007, 02:01 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its one of the double down cars right
Please don't confuse this with my car (www.DoubleDown350Z.com). There were two black Gs featured in C16 a while back though that were built by VRT and the feature article was titled Double Down so I am sure thats what your talking about. Carry on....
Old 09-12-2007, 02:11 PM
IIQuickSilverII

one of shock and awe lol there is gonna be something in next months dsport to cover there *** so i was told
it will be nice to se what happens
Old 09-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Hexxum001

This thread is so infuriating. I can't believe these VRT bastards are still ripping people off. My friend's brother dropped close to $30k at VRT to get his G built and got crap back from them. Mr. A-hole needs to go down!! Bigtime!!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:20 PM
fklentz

A class action law suit would probably be a waste of time I think, VRT is a LLC and from the looks of things MRA has attempted to cover himself by divesting himself of the company. If I rember correctly when my car was there his brother in law was working there, who from reading some threads now owns VRT and the house ownership was transfered to also.

Now I'm not a attorney but I believe that if it could be proven that all this transfer of ownership and property to protect it from recovery in a court action? I don't know but is there enough money there to make it worth while. If VRT ownership was found criminally guilty of fraud then I would think the court could take whatever property was gained by the owner of the company.

In my situation I don't have a cause against VRT. The engine in my car was built by VRT but for a different owner and I purchased it from that owner and VRT did the swap of engines from our cars, that said and MRA made it clear to me I did not buy the engine from VRT and any issues of problems would be between and the previous owner.

I never saw the engine out of the car, anything could have been done but I would never know. The engine had 14K miles when I bought it and since then I've put 6K on it myself, It runs strong, no smoking or oil leaks. I'm running 11 lbs boost and everything seems ok.

My gripes with the install:

1. Not done when promised causing me 900 bucks in rental car cost

2. First time out of the shop turbo cooling water line blew from rubbing, cost me 225 for towing home.

3. They started it up with no oil filter installed, nasty mess

4. They left me to figure out how to set up the boost controller, took me an hour, they didn't know how?

5. Fuel leaks, fuel leaks, fuel leaks. I ended up fixing them myself.

6. They installed differential, added no oil to it, I asked repeatedly if they in fact did fill it and what it was filled with, show me the can. Next day 6 miles from my house the diff locked up, had it towed home, put it up on stands and 1 drop of oil came out, I had to install the original back in by myself. MRA did reimburse me the cost of the diff.

7. routing of all hoses and wiring for the gauges was sloppy, PLX AFR and EGT gauge not working easy fix by myself. Under the dash the gage wiring was a massive mess that was even in the way when using the clutch and brakes. I took it to the shop that installed my audio equipment, they did a very neat rewire that looks professional, $175 well spent bucks.

8. They charged me 1150 for a JWT clutch/flywheel combo, I see them everywhere for 750. Charged me 4K for the install.

9. I gave them a Nismo finned diff cover for the install, I found it still in the original package with my name on it on a bench ready to be installed on a different car.

10. This is the one that pisses me off and I let MRA know it. The car was delivered to me filthy after they were paid 4K just for labor. When MRA towed the car from my house in murrieta to VRT 67 miles, I told him that I had a differential in the trunk, well when I picked up the car and looked in the trunk the whole inside of it was beat to death, all the plastic trim was completely scratched to $h1t, everywhere. Later I even found all the oil that was in the diff was in the spare tire well. somewhere somehow the car was moving so violently that the diff in the trunk flipped over and all the oil ran out the vent. I found a DVD under the seat so I guess one of their "techs" decided to make it his personal toy for a day or two watching videos while out drifting it around as looking at the tires on the right side of the car the area of the tires where the sidewall meets the tread were all scuffed up.

I'm a relativly new here on this website and heard very little of VRT until I bought the engine from Minn, this whole controversy started AFTER my car was at VRT and my original engine was in another car, knowing what I know now I would have either not have bought the engine or had another shop do the swap.

Last edited by fklentz; 09-12-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

He may try to minimize libility by doing phoney sell off's but the court will see right through it.

After he goes to prison his house will be foreclosed and auctioned off to pay back the debts.

What's his adress? I can easily find out if its been sold recently and for how much. Home sales are public record.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:21 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by fklentz
A class action law suit would probably be a waste of time I think, VRT is a LLC and from the looks of things MRA has attempted to cover himself by divesting himself of the company. If I rember correctly when my car was there his brother in law was working there, who from reading some threads now owns VRT and the house ownership was transfered to also.
VRT LLC is still liable for the work and can be sued. Also, an LLC only protects the owner from liability relating to the company. It does not protect against criminal charges, just like the Enron execs. that went to jail.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:24 PM
denchan350gt

I heard from my BAR rep today that VRT is now bankrupt. I don't know if this is true or not, but I guess it's to avoid from being sued.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:29 PM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
He may try to minimize libility by doing phoney sell off's but the court will see right through it.

After he goes to prison his house will be foreclosed and auctioned off to pay back the debts.

What's his adress? I can easily find out if its been sold recently and for how much. Home sales are public record.
check your pm
Old 09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Being an LLC won't help him in this case.

He did business out of his house. That makes his house, land, tools and everything on it liable.

When he "supposedly" sold it to his brother (cousin or what ever) the property and business are still liable.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:43 PM
fklentz

If you've ever been to the VRT shop there's not much there. A few lifts some tools that's about it the space is rented.

Quick Reply: Vrt.... :-(