Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

good places to buy suits?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:33 AM
RRMikey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ good lord... you know anything about couches? i need to buy a better one. hahaha.

m0nkie... go to downtown la, i think on 3rd or 5th street, there's a bunch of stores that sell suits for a great deal. my buddy got suits there for his wedding and for all the dood in his party, cheap! and they tailor too. the suits looked very very nice.

i think these are probably the "chinatown" suits talked about previously, but the places are not in chinatown tho.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
he will spend over his budget at Zara.

Monkie, if you are slim, buy a suit from H&M. they have a very nice 'hi end' (for HM) suit line. very nice shirts as well. They don't carry this line in all the stores, so pick the nicer one to start at. It will be around 300 for a suit, and you will need the sleeves, and legs tailored at a minimum. if you are very slim, you might want the sides taken in a bit as well, depending on your should/chest size.

if this is your primary suit, buy a medium to dark grey one, not black.
+1!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 AM
RRMikey

express is for the gheys. don't do it m0nkie.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:01 AM
halfrice

thrift shop if they have one, if not downtown la garment district
Old 02-12-2010, 09:23 AM
RRMikey

^ i don't think m0nkie wants a suit from the 70's with bellbottom pants. then he needs some platforms with goldfish in them... i don't think he's trying to get a job as a pimp. lol.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by m0nkie
Cool thanks. will look around H&M.

why with the dark gray?
Dark grey is a more versatile, and multi seasonal color than a solid black suit. You can wear brown or black with it, and most shirt colors. It is also a more appropriate work-place attire than a black suit, which is generally more acceptable for night time events. Dark grey is also nice because you can still wear it out at night by dressing it down. I am a huge fan of black suit/white shirt/black tie personally, totally badass, but it is situational.

but again, I don't really know what you are looking to get this suit for. Probably should have asked.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:25 AM
jnguyenisarobot

There's also another 3 Day Suit Broker in Monrovia. You can get a CK suit for $200.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
m0nkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet advices! thanks guys.. I'll look into these stores n better brands!

Express is not for the gay! All my clothe are express haha.. I just avoid those weird design T shirts..
Old 02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
RRMikey

^ uuhhh... you said it yourself. hahahaa. jk bro.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:55 AM
General_Malice

downtown LA in the fashion district....get it from some armenian dude.

only $50 lol

btw, if it was for me....i'd go to express or banana republic

Last edited by General_Malice; 02-13-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Zhottie

[QUOTE=RRMikey;8138996]^ good lord... you know anything about couches? i need to buy a better one. hahaha.QUOTE]

I DO actually! lol

BUT, I am in Canada so your retailers are quite different down there for couches...so although I could help with fabric and style for sure, I likely wouldn't know of which retailer is close to you.

BUT again, if you have a concept of what you want your place to look like etc., I can definitely help.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:19 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

if you know how to haggle go to Bernini in Beverly Hills
Old 02-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Panda350z

My suggestion is to just save up some money and buy a nice suit. I am on the slim side as well and to find a good quality fitted suit is difficult. I buy my suits from Z Zegna or Boss. They are not too expensive, and the cut is perfect for my size. I just bought a Hugo Boss black label suit yesterday, and it fits like a glove. If you need the suit immediately than go for a cheap one; however if you have time, than just save more money up and buy a nice suit. The quality, cut, and fit, will definitely be worth it!

I GUARANTEE IT!!! LOL! (sorry had to do it)
Old 02-22-2010, 04:28 PM
RRMikey

[QUOTE=Zhottie;8147227]
Originally Posted by RRMikey
^ good lord... you know anything about couches? i need to buy a better one. hahaha.QUOTE]

I DO actually! lol

BUT, I am in Canada so your retailers are quite different down there for couches...so although I could help with fabric and style for sure, I likely wouldn't know of which retailer is close to you.

BUT again, if you have a concept of what you want your place to look like etc., I can definitely help.
i want a sectional... something comfortable but not too blassic looking. a bit on the modern side is cool. serisouly... i prefer that the cushion is not attached to the couch. i know i probably just need to go sit in a bunch of couches to find the one i want. but damn... they cost so damn much.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
m0nkie

[QUOTE=RRMikey;8165298]
Originally Posted by Zhottie

i want a sectional... something comfortable but not too blassic looking. a bit on the modern side is cool. serisouly... i prefer that the cushion is not attached to the couch. i know i probably just need to go sit in a bunch of couches to find the one i want. but damn... they cost so damn much.
Puente Hills Mall has this furniture store opened up on the second floor by the food court entrance. check it out! I think the prices aren't too expensive and got some nice looking sofa/couch/tables.. some are very modern looking.. and a lil more leaned toward Asian style. you'll see it once you walk in. they range from 500-2000..
Old 02-22-2010, 09:52 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by Panda350z
My suggestion is to just save up some money and buy a nice suit. I am on the slim side as well and to find a good quality fitted suit is difficult. I buy my suits from Z Zegna or Boss. They are not too expensive, and the cut is perfect for my size. I just bought a Hugo Boss black label suit yesterday, and it fits like a glove. If you need the suit immediately than go for a cheap one; however if you have time, than just save more money up and buy a nice suit. The quality, cut, and fit, will definitely be worth it!

I GUARANTEE IT!!! LOL! (sorry had to do it)
how much did you get your suit for? I looked at Hugo Boss at Cabazon, it wasn't too expensive.. I still have a few month to shop.. around summer is when I'll be needing it the most.. hopefully I have a few extra bucks.. but when it comes to saving, suit money is pretty low on the list
Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Motormouth
Banned

so what did you end up doing, and when will you be posting pictures for me to make fun of how baggy it fits? :P

also, if this will be a summer suit and you haven't bought one yet, I cannot stress that you go with a summer weight wool suit. Super 110-150. Wool is simply superior. if you go with a modern pant, you will also want something that will break properly and stay put on your shoe.

also, that is very important: what shoes will you be wearing? do you have a pair or what style of dress shoe are you looking at?

Last edited by Motormouth; 02-22-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by Motormouth
so what did you end up doing, and when will you be posting pictures for me to make fun of how baggy it fits?
im still looking around. I did find a nice fit one at H&M, I liked it, and its only 200$ total. still looking around a little more since i still got a little time on my hand.. going to try 3 Days Suit to see if I can get a tailored brand name one

Last edited by m0nkie; 02-22-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
m0nkie

what do you mean by Super 110-150 and Stay put on your shoe?

I have a few pairs of dress shoes.. mostly this style.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Motormouth
Banned

that would be cool just remember most 'name branded' suits are ******** industrial made garbage anyway. but if the suit can be tailored then it really doesn't matter who made it. if you can find a suit that is not bonded it will last you a while, as you can basically have the thing rebuilt to fit if your body ever changes.

have you tried any other suits on? how have you found the fits?

Quick Reply: good places to buy suits?