Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: Houston Shops: Update with experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Texan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. In case you need a performance shop for exhaust, springs, wheels/tires, alignments, alignment kits, truck suspension(lift kits and accessories) etc...

Sals Autosport

http://www.salsautosport.com/

14300 Northwest Fwy(290)
Houston, TX 77040
713-462-8500
salsautosport@yahoo.com

I just had my lowering springs and alignment done and I could not be happier.

I've been a member on G35 driver for 4 yrs and here is my G.
Attached Thumbnails Houston Shops: Update with experience-img_2496_2_6_1.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-frontrs47.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-img_2748_1_1.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-img_2781_1_1.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-img_2782_1_1.jpg  

Last edited by Texan1; 12-11-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Originally Posted by Apexi350z
Need front lip re-paint, prefer sw area. maybe around $150 or less for painting lip. Any suggestions?

anyone? good paint / bodyshop around sw houston? need to get my veilside v1 repainted. thanks!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Texan1

Originally Posted by Apexi350z
anyone? good paint / bodyshop around sw houston? need to get my veilside v1 repainted. thanks!
www.Meszarosmotorsports.com/home.htm

I've used this shop twice and they do fantastic work.

Last edited by Texan1; 10-17-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:05 PM
niceguyyy01

Who can tune (or help with tune) a TT G with Haltech?
Old 10-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
Who can tune (or help with tune) a TT G with Haltech?
Contact Mark @ SGP Racing. Just finished (another) UTEC tune for my JWT 700BB Z.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 PM
beansnriceZ

Originally Posted by Texan1
Hi. In case you need a performance shop for exhaust, springs, wheels/tires, alignments, alignment kits, truck suspension(lift kits and accessories) etc...

Sals Autosport

http://www.salsautosport.com/

14300 Northwest Fwy(290)
Houston, TX 77040
713-462-8500
salsautosport@yahoo.com

I just had my lowering springs and alignment done and I could not be happier.

I've been a member on G35 driver for 4 yrs and here is my G.

just had sal install my springs and shocks and algnment... did a great job at a reasonable price as well! ordering my rear toe arms and having them installed in a few weeks at sal's.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Whatis35?

Anyone know if SGP has experience with nitrous kits? i would like to get one installed on my G. thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 03:26 PM
beansnriceZ

yes they do.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Whatis35?

Anyone know a good shop for bending back frames? i got it bent on a curb and need a good recommendation, thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Texan1

Originally Posted by beansnriceZ
just had sal install my springs and shocks and algnment... did a great job at a reasonable price as well! ordering my rear toe arms and having them installed in a few weeks at sal's.
glad to hear. He installed my HKS recently too.

sounds sick paired to a cpe mid pipe.

btw, how did it go with the toe arms?

Make sure you give good word of mouth for them...they're awesome.
Attached Thumbnails Houston Shops: Update with experience-img_2782_1_1.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-img_2786_1_1.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-img_2772_1_1.jpg  

Last edited by Texan1; 12-11-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:24 AM
infrared1966

I hope that none of you have to ever deal with Fatal Performance, they are just that Fatal! they killed my brand new clutch!! and then blamed it on me when I only had it for 3 days, I think they gave me a junkyard clutch. Long story short, I would not suggest them.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Texan1, I need to get my 30k servicing done and install my stoptech stage 2 brakes on my z. Does Sal do servicing?

Also does anyone recommend any other places around houston that does good servicing for z/g's?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Angry Milstead Automotive... DO NOT USE!!!

I'm making this post regarding Milstead Automotive Towing drivers. Just within the last 30mins I was almost rear-ended by one of their drivers... And it's not the first time.

I was returning home at a one-way stop waiting on traffic to clear to make a left hand turn. I noticed in my rearview a Milstead truck coming quickly behind me. Due to it being a two lane road he would have to wait behind me. In his rush he almost rear-ended me trying to squeeze in-between my vehicle & the gaurdrail on the right. As I started to make my left turn he gunned it almost hitting me again. At this time I decided I'm going to get his name and make a complaint to his manager. So I proceeded to turn right and followed him less than a 1/8 mile to the intersection that had an auto accident. I exited my vehicle, as did he, and asked for his name. He asked me way I needed his name. I responded by informing him I was going to call his manager and make a complaint. At this time he put his left hand on my shoulder and right hand on my chest. I took a step back and told him not to touch me and for him to give me his name. He turn back to his truck replying "F%^& You!" I said "Truck ##? I'm calling your manager." I gotback into my vehicle and grabbed my cell phone. He started coming back towards me flipping me off, cruising, asking me to get out of my vehicle and, putting up his fist. I pulled next to his truck to get Milstead's number and he continued flipping me off.

I made my complaint and got a hold of the the driver's manager. I was told the driver will be written up and this incident will be discussed with him.

I asked that if you ever need towing or any automotive service to stay away from Milstead Automotive!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:11 PM
VENOMSZ

Yeah a few years back they had to drive their tow trucks with signs stating that they ripped off customers by overcharging, and fictitious charges.
I believe the judge made them do this to inform the public?
I recall seeing them around Spring area with the signs.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
Yeah a few years back they had to drive their tow trucks with signs stating that they ripped off customers by overcharging, and fictitious charges.
I believe the judge made them do this to inform the public?
I recall seeing them around Spring area with the signs.
Funny... Someone else mentioned the same on a different forum.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Wheelman

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I'm making this post regarding Milstead Automotive Towing drivers. Just within the last 30mins I was almost rear-ended by one of their drivers... And it's not the first time.

I was returning home at a one-way stop waiting on traffic to clear to make a left hand turn. I noticed in my rearview a Milstead truck coming quickly behind me. Due to it being a two lane road he would have to wait behind me. In his rush he almost rear-ended me trying to squeeze in-between my vehicle & the gaurdrail on the right. As I started to make my left turn he gunned it almost hitting me again. At this time I decided I'm going to get his name and make a complaint to his manager. So I proceeded to turn right and followed him less than a 1/8 mile to the intersection that had an auto accident. I exited my vehicle, as did he, and asked for his name. He asked me way I needed his name. I responded by informing him I was going to call his manager and make a complaint. At this time he put his left hand on my shoulder and right hand on my chest. I took a step back and told him not to touch me and for him to give me his name. He turn back to his truck replying "F%^& You!" I said "Truck ##? I'm calling your manager." I gotback into my vehicle and grabbed my cell phone. He started coming back towards me flipping me off, cruising, asking me to get out of my vehicle and, putting up his fist. I pulled next to his truck to get Milstead's number and he continued flipping me off.

I made my complaint and got a hold of the the driver's manager. I was told the driver will be written up and this incident will be discussed with him.

I asked that if you ever need towing or any automotive service to stay away from Milstead Automotive!!!
Awesome, hopefully he actually gets written up. It seems 90% of the tow truck drivers I see drive like jerks, flying through traffic, almost causing other wrecks. Never see THEM getting ticketed or anything though.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Texan1

Originally Posted by pony_killer
Hey Texan1, I need to get my 30k servicing done and install my stoptech stage 2 brakes on my z. Does Sal do servicing?

Also does anyone recommend any other places around houston that does good servicing for z/g's?
I believe so. Give a call to check on particulars.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:30 PM
zman600

i found one of the best shop ever!

Full Service Shops:

Shop Name: PROtechnik

URL: http: www.prortechnik.com (currently down. be up in a week)

Dyno: Yes. SINGLE and AWD

Experience: biggest shop in texas under the hennnesy shop.

best shop ever. plus there all about speed. go check them out!!!

9848 southwest fwy houston tx 77074

its where i go for all my stuff
Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan1
www.Meszarosmotorsports.com/home.htm

I've used this shop twice and they do fantastic work.
I tried them out, based on this referral. On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate them at a 7. I dropped off a Spacro harness bar and 2 brackets for them to paint on Friday 2/27/09. They told me they'd have it painted by the following Tuesday 3-3-09.

I called on Tuesday at end of business, they informed me they hadn't started painting yet. I was told they'd be ready on Wednesday or Thursday. No problem, I just said ok and thank you. Thursday rolls around. I called for status at end of business day again. The lady that answered told me she'd check and call me back. Never heard from her again. I called this morning 3-9-09 to advise them I would be picking up my parts whether they had been painted or not. I was told they were ready.

In honesty, they were ok. I just expected a bit quicker service for 3 small pieces to be painted. I've had my car in the body shop for more extensive damages, and recieved it back in the same time frame.

The paint had a few noticable imperfections in it, but hey, guess you can't complain for $100.

I'd use them again, but would check out other available places first. There are many body shops in Houston to choose from...

EDIT: I've included a few pictures of the final product and one picture that had the imperfection

-2 cents-
Attached Thumbnails Houston Shops: Update with experience-img00047.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-img00048.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-img00052.jpg   Houston Shops: Update with experience-img000050.jpg  

Last edited by VO...; 03-09-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 AM
keniff536

Default Did SGP Racing go out of business?

Does anyone know what's going on with SGP racing? I called yesterday and the phone is disconnected. Then I went by and the place was dark and locked up.

Quick Reply: [Houston]: Houston Shops: Update with experience