Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev tuning in Chattanooga, TN or drive to ATL

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Swaglife81

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Uprev tuning in Chattanooga, TN or drive to ATL

Only one shop showing up on Uprev's website within a 2 hour drive of my city. Custom Concept Motorsports is the name if anyone has used them. Other than this option TopSpeed Performance in Alphareta, GA or Gage Performance outside of Nashville. This isn't a should I get tuned or one of those basic questions. When I was younger back in the early 2000's when Chips were becoming outdated and SCT was starting to first enter the scene. I had a Diablo sport chip supposedly dyno tuned. I ended up going to another dyno right after that to get unbiased datalogging and found out I had a basic canned garbage tune that only upped timing a little bit and did nothing. But it cost me $350 plus $150 for dyno for nothing. This was in the Mustang world. I don't have any Z/G friends so I have no idea if this local shop is worthwhile or if going to Topseed or Gage is what I should do.

Z1 is a tad out of my driving range, maybe 3 hours from here. 2J Racing is the only other one within 2 hours other than what I named. So if any of you guys have used any of these tuners let me hear your opinions.

I hate having a car run way lean or way rich. When I do mods I'll do it all at once. I will only do full exhaust and intake and maybe a mild port and polish of the factory upper and lower with a 3.70 Pumpkin swap and be done with it. I just know how great a good dyno tune can make a car feel, even if its a 10-15 RWHP gain. Driveability increases including part throttle mid range gain.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:29 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

i would go to topspeed, another member here has used them before
Old 11-08-2016, 05:06 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

My friend from Athens,GA likes TopSpeed for tunes.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:30 AM
VenomGT9

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

I've heard good things about Gage here in Nash...will probably take mine there for a tune come spring.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Swaglife81

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Appreciate it guys. It tough organizing something that includes a 4-5 hour round trip not counting actual tuning/dyno time. Guess I'll have to leave at like 5AM one day when I talk to whoever I go to.