Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Osiris ROM files - General Tuning Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 02:54 PM
lee_dfw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Osiris ROM files - General Tuning Questions

Does anyone have a base or modified (don't really care) ROM file I can play with? I tune OBDI and OBDII LT1 & LS1 cars, and wanted to get a peek at the interface/tables/etc before I spend $700 on the tuner package.

Also, I am correct in saying that Uprev/Osiris and Technosquare/Techtom are the only two packages out there? Are there any others that may be a bit more, umm, cheaper?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:38 PM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, nothing for this platform is as cheap as LS1 edit (or whatever software you may have used)

Concerning the base ROM file...
I would like to see something myself before I buy. If anybody has a map they wouldn't mind sharing that would be much appreciated.

The closest thing I found was this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F1YWDQ8PIw
Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 PM
hellsoldiers08

right uprev is have a price cut up to $200 so i would act now.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
warmmilk

technosquare doesn't allow end user tuning, only mail reflashes and dyno tuning if you come to their shop. so your only choice is really osiris
Old 11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
PunKidd

Well, the ROM files will not do you much good since they are encrypted and you can only open them with our ROM editor. You can download our software from our site, but without a properly licensed cable, it will not open the files.

I thought that we had some screen shots up on our site, but I guess not. I'll get that fixed ASAP. Here are some screen shots of the ROM editor for now.

http://www.uprev.com/downloads/ROMed.../ROMEditor.jpg
http://www.uprev.com/downloads/ROMed...EditorTree.jpg
http://www.uprev.com/downloads/ROMed...uelTargets.jpg
http://www.uprev.com/downloads/ROMed...orFuelComp.jpg
http://www.uprev.com/downloads/ROMed...IntakeCams.jpg
http://www.uprev.com/downloads/ROMed...EditorLoad.jpg
http://www.uprev.com/downloads/ROMed...encyWizard.jpg

Jared@UpRev.com
Old 11-07-2009, 08:47 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ok, i just purchased my osiris tuner and i'm trying to get a grasp on tuning with it. I'm used to tuning with my LM-2 logs and the SS box. The SS box tuned rpm vs MAP which seams easy to me. Each of the cells are a number of fuel correction. 10 is none, below 10 is leaner, above 10 is richer. Simple.

No this, what is the base fuel schedule running along the top measuring? It doesn't say in the manual. Also, what are the units in each cell? The manual was very confusing on this fact and it kept saying to adjust the K value without pointing out where the K value is.

I'm ultimately having it tuned (probably in the spring when the weather gets nice again) at Injected with Hal. He's the closest to me and a great tuner from what I read. Before then i'd like to set down a base map that is halfway decent and won't tear up my car since i need to drive it down to him.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 01:51 PM
PunKidd

I've been planning to rewrite the manuals for a long time now. I've just been waiting for my developers to get a few more of the critical functions added to the ROM editor, so I don't have to rewrite all of it again in a month or two when they get it done.

I'm sure the K value and base fuel schedule are both explained, but here's a sum up.

Base fuel schedule is the theoretical injector pulse width that the ECU would need to run in order to maintain a stoich air to fuel ratio based off of the current MAF reading. This is NOT that actual injector PW, as that will change depending on the AFR target ratio, fuel corrections, and a few other factors. They use BFS to measure load on many of the tables in the ECU code. You can really think of it as MAF flow and you will not go wrong.

The K fuel multiplier is located under "Fuel" in the ROM editor, and under the "Values" tab in Cipher RTT. The K fuel multiplier is basically the gain for the MAF table. The ECU multiplies the MAF value at whatever voltage the MAF is at by the K fuel multiplier to come up with the base fuel schedule. If you're running larger injectors, you need to lower the K multiplier to reduce the pulse widths. If you're running a larger MAF tube, you need to increase the K to compensate for the extra air flow.

The units in each cell depend on what table you're referring to.
In the AFR target table they are just that, the AFR targets.
In the fuel compensation table... 100 = no compensation, less than 100 is removing fuel, and more than 100 is adding fuel.
In the ignition tables the values are related to combustion burn time. This can be a little confusing for people who are used to tuning ignition tables that have values of DBTDC, but it has the exact same effect. Larger values result in more ignition timing advance and smaller ones result in less advance.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:16 PM
kd07z

^^ well said.

Here is what i did. Gave me good butt dyno results. To start i have a 2004.5+ naturally asipated setup.

The the air fuel tuning graph has a half the #s as 14.7, the rest are lower value #s all the way to 11.9 . I made all the numbers lower then 12.7 just that 12.7. Then i went to the timing low det graph added 8 to all the values. enjoy

Last edited by kd07z; 11-07-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:03 PM
binder

Originally Posted by PunKidd

The units in each cell depend on what table you're referring to.
In the AFR target table they are just that, the AFR targets.
In the fuel compensation table... 100 = no compensation, less than 100 is removing fuel, and more than 100 is adding fuel.
In the ignition tables the values are related to combustion burn time. This can be a little confusing for people who are used to tuning ignition tables that have values of DBTDC, but it has the exact same effect. Larger values result in more ignition timing advance and smaller ones result in less advance.
awsome, so the fuel table is pretty much the same except what i'm using now uses "10" and you use "100" for no change. Simple enough.

I'm still a little confused on the reference numbers across the top of the chart. What logs do i take to get those numbers so i know what columns i'm adjusting? how do i know what columns to adjust for boost?
Old 11-07-2009, 03:28 PM
PunKidd

You can log base fuel schedule with Cipher, but honestly I never tune that way. If you get the latest version of the tuner software from our site you will have a RTT version of Cipher so that you can do real time tuning. When you're using RTT you'll see a cross-hair that will move around on all the tables. That cross hair is telling you where the ECU is looking in that table at any given moment. You can also hit the space bar and the cross hair will start to leave a trail so you can see where it has accessed the table during a run.
If you find the cross hair is moving all the way to the right column on the ignition table, be sure to stretch out the BFS axis with the ROM editor to give yourself a little head room. You don't want the ECU running outside of the ignition table and making guesses as to what values to run.
FYI: in RTT the fuel compensation table does not have the conversion that makes it read in percentage, but it still works the same just that 0x80 (HEX) = 100.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by kd07z
^^ well said.

Here is what i did. Gave me good butt dyno results. To start i have a 2004.5+ naturally asipated setup.

The the air fuel tuning graph has a half the #s as 14.7, the rest are lower value #s all the way to 11.9 . I made all the numbers lower then 12.7 just that 12.7. Then i went to the timing low det graph added 8 to all the values. enjoy
Smoothing out the ignition and fuel compensation tables will also help a lot, but other than that, that's pretty much how I start any tuning session.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:09 PM
binder

that helps a lot Jarod.

I just bought it yesterday so i don't even have the cable to match up my car or even look at things yet. I was just digging through as much stuff so i can educate myself for when it does arrive. I have a better understanding of it now. We'll just see if i need a pmas to tune this thing or not. lol