Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

20'' Wheel & Tire Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:46 AM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by naturally9
good one...i think we should stop picking on tha boy..he may shed a tear or two...actually gaklid, maybe you should be more nice since you're an old fart.. you can leave it to me since i'm still in my TWENTIES, 29 to be exact...
so cloudy - how much did mommy and daddy pay for your ride...also, i guess since you're a dub hater, you bought some 19"...so how much did your mommy spend on new shoes for ya...talk to us when you learn how to drive that baby of yours in a manual...

superhung, solidsnake, GTN, and xxlbeerz - your Zs are mean lookin!!

keep the pics coming...they're sooo sexy...
Lol you seem to read all the things you would like to hate on but you seem to leave out the facts and continue to go back to the "Automatic" hateing. So what if its an auto? Ask any other 6MT 350z owner, besides some of the idiots in this thread, if there is a difference between the 2 in a race, no. None. And even with a simple $600 mod, i can make my shifting .5-1sec faster then a 6MT, and more power to the wheels.
I admit if all you did was load up the car on a truck and just go from car show to car show, then it would be cool to have 20's cause of the insane lip and so on. But if your gonna be "raceing" or trying to make your car fast, why put 20s on it? What u gonna be rolling around, see a race, be like! Hold on! Stay here! I gotta go switch out my wheels!!
I can understand the old mans arguement, of its just his daily driver, hes not tryn to make it fast, he has another fast car to speed in.. But what about you.. Iam looking at your mod list, seems to me like your trying to put on almost every bolt on. Hrmmm so trying make your car fast while putting on 20s....

Oh and since your such an idiot to read my post, and even quote from it... Let me say it again.. I PAY FOR MY OWN MODS. Not mommy or daddy, and only reason you bring that up is cause your 29 and have the same car as a 17year old haha. Dont hate cause your jealous. And i will have my volks whenever they get in, month or 2... Black SF Challenges 19' 8.5 and 9.5
I personally think this is a little big for raceing as well, but atleast i dont have to worry about being as heavy as 20s...
Old 04-26-2005, 11:10 AM
cloudy

Since you old guys cant respect my opinion, and cant act up to your age and actually be the mature one, considering you older ones should be the mature one. I will end this, so you can get back to looking at your wheels. I stated my opinion, you didnt like it, o well, no right or wrong answer.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:24 AM
NismoGCoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cloudy
Since you old guys cant respect my opinion, and cant act up to your age and actually be the mature one, considering you older ones should be the mature one. I will end this, so you can get back to looking at your wheels. I stated my opinion, you didnt like it, o well, no right or wrong answer.
To be total honest here you started it with this comment "IMO anything over 19 is just gay..." some people took offense to the Gay part you could of left that out or not even mention anything in this thread since the thread started was looking for pics of Z's with 20's

Most people that do go with 20's are not concerned about performance and if you were so concerned yourself about performance you wouldn’t be going with 19's.....you should be looking for lightweight 17's or 18's
Old 04-26-2005, 11:26 AM
cloudy

Like i said i know 19s are a lil too heavy. But i want looks and performance, and 19s can give that... If i was going all performance i would go 18s...
But my point is, naturally9 is tryn to go performance and looks.. while 20s... Thats what i stated.

Lol your right if i wouldnt of even posted at the begining this thread would have been dead... damn.. what did i do.

Oh and if u notice, i was willing to drop it, and was basically over with.. tll the old man came in and started talking **** and started it up again..
Old 04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
naturally9

Originally Posted by cloudy
Lol you seem to read all the things you would like to hate on but you seem to leave out the facts and continue to go back to the "Automatic" hateing. So what if its an auto? Ask any other 6MT 350z owner, besides some of the idiots in this thread, if there is a difference between the 2 in a race, no. None. And even with a simple $600 mod, i can make my shifting .5-1sec faster then a 6MT, and more power to the wheels.
I admit if all you did was load up the car on a truck and just go from car show to car show, then it would be cool to have 20's cause of the insane lip and so on. But if your gonna be "raceing" or trying to make your car fast, why put 20s on it? What u gonna be rolling around, see a race, be like! Hold on! Stay here! I gotta go switch out my wheels!!
I can understand the old mans arguement, of its just his daily driver, hes not tryn to make it fast, he has another fast car to speed in.. But what about you.. Iam looking at your mod list, seems to me like your trying to put on almost every bolt on. Hrmmm so trying make your car fast while putting on 20s....

Oh and since your such an idiot to read my post, and even quote from it... Let me say it again.. I PAY FOR MY OWN MODS. Not mommy or daddy, and only reason you bring that up is cause your 29 and have the same car as a 17year old haha. Dont hate cause your jealous. And i will have my volks whenever they get in, month or 2... Black SF Challenges 19' 8.5 and 9.5
I personally think this is a little big for raceing as well, but atleast i dont have to worry about being as heavy as 20s...
i'm sure you pay for your own mods... about the racing thing, it's called Auto X foolio...that's why ppl have a second set of wheels...my 20" are fo sho...u'd be a fool racing anyone with 20"...sometimes i wish i had an auto, they're alot easier to drive for us old folks esp with all the traffic in my area...do u even know how much your 19" weighs vs my iforged 20"...there's maybe a 10lbs difference for the entire set...do the math in the 1/4 mile...not much of a time difference is there?
so you stated your opinion and now you're getting everyone else's opinion..stop crying about it and deal with it, othewise don't state your opinion next time partner....
oh yea, now you're tyring to call me out on my mods...put it this way, i had a choice on which mods to add..u didnt have a choice when mommy and daddy gave you the 5at...jealous?? right, i'm jealous of your z because i chose to buy my G35 and my 2004 Land Rover Discovery SE and 2000 R1...

Last edited by naturally9; 04-26-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:49 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by naturally9
dood- why get a sports car with AT?? think about partner...my 20" aren't meant for racing that's why i have a set of 17".. besides you're gonna need a lot more than the CAI combined with the AT to scare anyone.... i'm sure with my 20", you'll also be looking at my LEDs...
not to burst anyoneZ bubble here.. but auto mk4 supra tt's (stock twin turbo's), on street tires, with just dp, boost controller, and exhaust will run mid-low 12's ($1000-$1200). bpu+++ car's (exhaust, downpipe, boost controller, cam gears, pulleys, intake, engine management, clutch, drag radials, no nitrous) will run low 11's/high 10s. ($5000 +/-). stock internals, full weight (3600lbs w/ driver), a/c, power steering, stereo. nothing wrong w/ auto sports cars. if you want to get really technical, marko's mk4 supra (from chicago) went 8.6. he's fully built, w/ turbo 400, full weight, full cage. and yes, he's the quickest full weight supra in the world.. and he's auto! actually, i dont know of many cars in the world, period, that weight 3600lbs, w/ driver, that go mid 8s (auto or manual).

Last edited by 1ntenze; 04-26-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:15 PM
lil ze

I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time
Old 04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
JimRHIT

Originally Posted by 1ntenze
not to burst anyoneZ bubble here.. but auto mk4 supra tt's (stock twin turbo's), on street tires, with just dp, boost controller, and exhaust will run mid-low 12's ($1000-$1200). bpu+++ car's (exhaust, downpipe, boost controller, cam gears, pulleys, intake, engine management, clutch, drag radials, no nitrous) will run low 11's/high 10s. ($5000 +/-). stock internals, full weight (3600lbs w/ driver), a/c, power steering, stereo. nothing wrong w/ auto sports cars. if you want to get really technical, marko's mk4 supra (from chicago) went 8.6. he's fully built, w/ turbo 400, full weight, full cage. and yes, he's the quickest full weight supra in the world.. and he's auto! actually, i dont know of many cars in the world, period, that weight 3600lbs, w/ driver, that go mid 8s (auto or manual).

don't worry ... you didn't burst anyones bubble. We are talking about SPORTS cars here ... not straight line drag cars.

This argument is about someone calling out large diameter/heavy wheels as homosexual and said-owners getting defensive to the fact that their wheels were called gay ... ironically by an owner/recipient of a "mortal sin of sports cars" slushbox 350Z.

thanks for the drag racing info ... but it really doesn't matter here.

ps - I know many a fox body mustangs that run 8s all day with an auto .. who cares?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:02 PM
gaklid

This argument is about someone calling out large diameter/heavy wheels as homosexual and said-owners getting defensive to the fact that their wheels were called gay ... ironically by an owner/recipient of a "mortal sin of sports cars" slushbox 350Z.
Amen! Kids these day's, I don't know whats wrong with 'em!!! To think that a 17 year old would assume that a grown man would be jealous of him because they were driving the same car! Here's the difference, kid: You park your car in the driveway (if you're lucky) and go in your parents house to your bedroom and get ready for school the next day. Grown men, on the other hand, come home and park their Z in the garage of their own house, then take their girlfriend/wife into the bedroom and.......oh, nevermind, the adults know what I'm talking about!!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Srivero297

well...... if anyone is still interested....
i took some pics of my Z on 20s if you didnt see them in my other thread... lol

Old 04-26-2005, 04:23 PM
JimRHIT

Originally Posted by gaklid
Amen! Kids these day's, I don't know whats wrong with 'em!!! To think that a 17 year old would assume that a grown man would be jealous of him because they were driving the same car! Here's the difference, kid: You park your car in the driveway (if you're lucky) and go in your parents house to your bedroom and get ready for school the next day. Grown men, on the other hand, come home and park their Z in the garage of their own house, then take their girlfriend/wife into the bedroom and.......oh, nevermind, the adults know what I'm talking about!!
ok ok ...we have to do it ... someone bring out the owned picture
Old 04-26-2005, 04:43 PM
cloudy

Its ok you need all those big things to make up for 1 lil thing. Its ok grandpa, ill order some more blue pills for ya.

Last edited by cloudy; 04-26-2005 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:47 PM
JimRHIT

be proud of that dude .... be real proud
Old 04-26-2005, 04:50 PM
cloudy

Hey old man, i have another question, can i ask what a big old proud man like you claim you are.... is doing arguing with a teenager over the internet? Dont you have other things to fill your time? Like your wife? Or does my previous post come into the play...

Now theres an owned sign..

Last edited by cloudy; 04-26-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:29 PM
ss350

haha cloudy..let this geezy have it!

lol...j/k ;ets get bak on topic and sum more pics
Old 04-26-2005, 07:04 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by ss350

Yes please.

If you don't like 20's, perhaps don't click on threads titled " 20" wheel thread ".

And why are 20's a show mod? I drive them everyday, they look way better, and I only lost 3hp, wow...

Last edited by xxlbeerZ; 04-26-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:26 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by ss350
get bak on topic and sum more pics
+2
Old 04-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

i want to change mine to 20" too. it looks great
Old 04-26-2005, 08:26 PM
gaklid

Okay, okay!!!! I was just having some fun with one of the younger Z lovers .Cloudy, you're a good guy, and you stood up for what you believe. I can appreciate that. Anyway, anybody got any pic's of Z's with iforged wheels? I love those Aero's!!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:44 PM
cloudy

Okay, okay!!!! I was just having some fun with one of the younger Z lovers .Cloudy, you're a good guy, and you stood up for what you believe. I can appreciate that. Anyway, anybody got any pic's of Z's with iforged wheels? I love those Aero's!!
Lol exactly what he said.. only
anyone have any personal experience installn esprit body kits? :P

Quick Reply: 20'' Wheel & Tire Discussion Thread