Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Calling out Denic79

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
MikeyG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling out Denic79

I have had a real bad experience with this guy who screwed me over on a Seibon carbon fiber hood. Just want to put a warning out there for people not to deal with this guy. I know he was talking about a built engine from Sharif and a turbo that he is looking to do.

So any he had a thread posted on our regional forum for the hood and I replied and pm'd him to set up a time to meet. He said he had to work all weekend and could meet at night (he is a honda tech). I agreed to meet on a Saturday night he was suppose to be home around 5 so I called him then. He said he was still at the airport? Met at his house around 6-615 He pulled up right after I did. We both said hi started talking while he opened the garage. His Z was in there covered up and the hood was sitting on top of the cover upside down. He picked the hood up and walked outside of the garage to flip it over and brought it back in placing it on top of the car. Because of the height at which the hood was on the roof I didn't notice any of the tons of little dents that were on the hood which I will get to later (and I am sure he knew this based on the condition).

Before I had gone to meet him I had asked a few conditions on condition of the clearcoat and fitment. His responses were the clear was perfect, no fading or yellowing and the fitment was ok. The first thing I asked when I got there was what were his issues with fitment and he said he had to have the front latch adjusted for the hood to close properly, I then asked about the gaps and if they were even and he said yes they were good. He points out the one little chip on the hood that was advertised in otherwise good condition here https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/...hood-mass.html.

We talked about his car for a while and what he wanted to do and eventually got back to the hood telling him I would take it. He picked it up and carried it out to my SUV while I got in back and put the seats down. We then figured out how it would fit and he slid it in to me and I climbed out through the front seat. At one point while loading I noticed what looked like a couple small dimples on the hood and asked him about it, his reply was that is normal for a cf hood. They really didn't look like anything so I packed up and drove home.

Took the hood out of the car and put it in my basement, stepped back and noticed about 50 or so good sized indentations in the finish. Sent him an e-mail immediately telling him there was a problem and he pm'd back saying that is what the hood looked like out of the box. I couldn't beleive that so I started another little thread https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-in...bon-hoods.html during which I got pretty upset while pm's were going back and forth and threatened to bring this to court. Obviuosly after cooling down, I realize that for $300 that is hardly worth my time, but do want others to know what an a**hole this guy is and hopefully no one will do buisness with him again. I then later found a thread from him from a little over a year ago talking about how he was having all of the problems I mentioned with this hood. https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-in...d-problem.html

He basically sold it knowing that it was no good, at least I learned something from this and not to trust anyone even if they are local and you have their address.

I have sent him links to every thread I have posted in and will do the same for this one, curious if he has anything to say.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:10 AM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by MikeyG
He basically sold it knowing that it was no good
You bought it after seeing it, in person, before handing over your money.

Caveat emptor.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 AM
pangoman

You have his address. Go take care of it for principal sake.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 AM
MikeyG

My issue is it seems like he did everything he could to hide these problems since they were not noticable at his house the way the hood was positioned, but blatently obvious when it was brought into brighter lighting and placed lower.

I know not everyone will agree with me and possibly most won't but I just wanted people to be able to make up their own mind before dealing with Dennis.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:24 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

What's the problem? you looked at the hood, then bought it?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Its kind of like looking at a used car in the dark, then noticing blemishes in the daylight.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Concave
Banned

people usually CHECK for problems before paying money......... i thought this was common sense.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 AM
yelohandL

not to **** you of or anything, but i think

you shoul've looked at it more closely. since

you were there in person i don't understand

how you didn't spot "50" dents. i would've

looked at that thing left and right all the way.

and sorry for that happening man. that sucks
Old 10-01-2008, 08:36 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

?He handed over the money no one forced him, should have waited another time for more light, requested more light,etc. he looked then bought it? I dont see where the fault is w/the seller. OP stated he noticed dents and asked? It seems to me excitement of having the hood took over, now it's buyers remorse.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:38 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Originally Posted by davidv
Its kind of like looking at a used car in the dark, then noticing blemishes in the daylight.
I have a used mustang for sale, you can come look at it around 9 pm. It's mint bro! Who the fawk looks/buys a used car at night REAL SMART
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 AM
MikeyG

Originally Posted by davidv
that's pretty much how I feel. A lttle different as it wasn't dark, but I wasn't able to see the actual condition until I got it home.
Originally Posted by idwin
?He handed over the money no one forced him, should have waited another time for more light, requested more light,etc. he looked then bought it? I dont see where the fault is w/the seller. OP stated he noticed dents and asked? It seems to me excitement of having the hood took over, now it's buyers remorse.
Definately not buyers remorse, just want a usable hood. I tried to get it fixed and took it to 5 different body shops including one the seller later said could fix it and none of them could fix.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

next used purchase you should prolly have someone else besides yourself look at it?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't get it, you saw it in person, handed over the money, you have his address..

seems like you can resolve this better then posting on a forum.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Greg06

Sorry to say there isnt much you can do about this. Lesson learned..Do all your homework before you buy something not after.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
MikeyG

next used purchase you should prolly have someone else besides yourself look at it?
Trust me this won't happen again, I will just assume all sellers are a**holes and plan accordingly.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I guess im failing to see how the seller is a ahole? YOU looked at this in person?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 AM
MikeyG

I guess im failing to see how the seller is a ahole? YOU looked at this in person?
I guess the other half of it that gives me that view is he lied to my face about the fitment as well which I couldn't see since it wasn't on the car.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me this won't happen again, I will just assume all sellers are a**holes and plan accordingly.
He may have misled you a little w/ finish is great comments....but really. You laid your hands on it before you paid. You have no one to blame but yourself.

It would be different if I bought it from here in Texas....never seeing it in person...and if the pics taken didn't show any imperfection....then I'd have a valid complaint. but with your situation you really don't.

regarding fitment...one mans "good" is anothers "****"

Last edited by WTX350Z; 10-01-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I guess the other half of it that gives me that view is he lied to my face about the fitment as well which I couldn't see since it wasn't on the car.
most carbon hoods dont have the best fitment either? which is known. his opinion of fitment apparently varies from yours.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 AM
MikeyG

most carbon hoods dont have the best fitment either? which is known. his opinion of fitment apparently varies from yours.
Actually in one of his old posts he complains about how poor the fit is on one side compared to the other, then he told me that the gaps and seems fit good. It is his opinions that conflict depending on what he is trying to do, get a new hood from the manufacturer or sell it to someone else.

Quick Reply: Calling out Denic79