Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Folks in the OC drive and park like sh1t!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 04:44 PM
DBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Folks in the OC drive and park like ****!

So even with all the mechanical issues my 05 has I still enjoy it and try to protect it as much as possible, considering it is only a month old. So I am parking quite a bit away from other vehicles in most lots because of idiot parkers and shoppers not paying attention.

Today I come out of the local Target store in the Tustin Marketplace and some biatch with a Honda minivan is parked right next to my Z and there is not another vehicle for maybe 9 parking spots. WTF? I have tumbleweeds blowing by and this biatch needs to park that close to my car?

A couple days ago I was parked by the new best buy (old tustin Ikea lot) and two cars, a 85 Olds Cutlass Ciera and and a Suburban are parked on either side of my Z and then there is at least 12 spots open which are closer to the Best buy. The ****er in the Suburban is parked pretty close to the driver's side door and I had to squirm my way back into the z.

What is with these people in southern OC? I have never seen such a group of dazed and confused bunch of yuppie idiots in my life. Not surprising that there is aways an accident on Jamboree almost every single day during morning and evening rushhour on that street.

P.S. What is worse, however is when I am riding around the neighborhood on my VTX and the soccermoms make eye contact with you and then still pull their SUV's right in front of you and expect you to swerve to miss them. I sometimes wish I had a ball and chain to hit these folk, mad max style.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:10 PM
DragonGcoupe

Same thing happens to the rest of us. I've heard of people pretending that the car is theirs until the very last second, when they get into their car. It scares me, because I'm a freak about dings on my doors.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:56 PM
DBZ

Crazy, reminds me of that Z print ad where the kid with the ball is looking into the Z, however in our cases we have soccermoms driving up and peering down on to our z's
Old 12-03-2004, 07:53 PM
maxwell72764

All of my cars have been well cared for and I protect them in parking lots. Even my old Hyundai Elantra. I would seek out nice cars like our Zs to park next to (not too close!) as it was less likely that the owner would be careless and ding me. Stop and think before you start bitching.

Then again, maybe they are just a$$h0les!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:08 AM
ktm
Banned

Your idiocy extends beyond your pathetic review of your car.

I live in southern OC and have had no problems parking in both places you described. Hell, I work in the office complex behind the Marketplace and have not had a single problem in any of the parking lots in the area.

I have had my car for nearly 1.5 years now and I do not have a single dent or scratch (save for rock chips).

Good job being an idiot.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are almost 3 Million people in 'the' OC.

I'm not sure why the four bonehead drivers in 'the' OC gravitate to your car.

'The' Jeff
Old 12-04-2004, 02:23 PM
ZinMiami

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I was parked at the airport in what I though was a safe spot. I passed the compact spots and parked in the further out but much larger regular spots. I was second from the end next to a nice E class on my driver side. I parked smack in the center so that their would be plenty of space between me and either adjacent spot. Well when I returned an idiot in a Honda POS SUV had parked on my passenger side and very close to the lines.

Well as I looked down the side of the car sure enough, there is the ding. I looked at how the rear door of the SUV lined up and I could tell this is the car that hit me. It had door edge guards which in my mind have only one job. They allow you to hit everyone elses car without damaging yours. They were black and I had a black scrape where the ding was.

My first instinct was to kick the Sh*t out the SUV, but being an airport there are cameras everywhere. I noticed one lookin right down at the area I was in, so I restrained my anger.

I know that at the end of the day it's just a car and this kind of wear and tear will happen, but this type of thing is avoidable if folks would just pay attention to what they do and have a little consideration for other folks property.

Sorry for the rant...............
Old 12-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Janus

What is with these people in southern OC? I have never seen such a group of dazed and confused bunch of yuppie idiots in my life.
I think you summed up the problem in OC!

I onced watched some kid who was too lazy to walk 20 feet to the shopping cart return, try and push his shopping cart across the parking lot lane and make it in said cart return. Unfortunately, shopping carts are subjected to a lot of abuse and usually don't go straight...

Said shopping cart ended up smashing into the back of my car (then a toyota tercell) and bending the locking mechanism so I couldn't open my trunk without a prybar. He then jumps in his car as his friend takes off as I am screaming at him.

I never cought him, but his door has a my footprint indented in its side.

Driving on freeways in OC is even worse than parking. There are 10-thousand yuppies talking on cell phones. Driving WITHOUT cell phones was hard enough for them, now they are just asking for it. Combine that with the number of Semi-Truckers who look at you as a speed bump, and you have a hell of a nightmare.

The further torwards Orange Hills/Tustin/Irvine/Newport Beach/Aliso Viejo you get, the worse it is.

On a side note:

I live in southern OC and have had no problems parking in both places you described. Hell, I work in the office complex behind the Marketplace and have not had a single problem in any of the parking lots in the area.

I have had my car for nearly 1.5 years now and I do not have a single dent or scratch (save for rock chips).

Good job being an idiot.
WTF?

If 20 people say there is a problem with drivers in OC, and 1 person disagrees. Then odds are, that there are a problem with drivers in the OC. Oh, and its a good idea to be a little les inflamatory when replying to people making inocuous comments. Of course, you don't have to take my advice. Its your perogotive as to what kind of impression you make on the community...
Old 12-04-2004, 08:01 PM
BoostTed

Default Re: Folks in the OC drive and park like ****!

Originally posted by DBZ

The ****er in the Suburban is parked pretty close to the driver's side door and I had to squirm my way back into the z.

definitely we have all gotten wider!
I think you just need to lose weight!!
Old 12-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Janus
If 20 people say there is a problem with drivers in OC, and 1 person disagrees. Then odds are, that there are a problem with drivers in the OC.
Of course this is true, since it is a perfect statistical model.

On the other hand, the person who started this thread is from Pluto. If you want to see some idiotic driving, try driving on Pluto!
Old 12-04-2004, 08:58 PM
DBZ

Originally posted by maxwell72764
All of my cars have been well cared for and I protect them in parking lots. Even my old Hyundai Elantra. I would seek out nice cars like our Zs to park next to (not too close!) as it was less likely that the owner would be careless and ding me. Stop and think before you start bitching.

Then again, maybe they are just a$$h0les!
It think the post was misunderstood. When I parked there were no cars around mine, we are talking several spots vacant to either side. When I came out about 20 minutes later, same situation, plenty of spots vacant around the vicinity of the Z except for these folks who seem to have gone out of their way to park right next to the Z. This is why I am posting. It is beyond me as to why they would go out of their way to park next to the Z. They could have certainly either parked closer to the stores (as 99% of all drivers do) or they could have spaced themselves out (if their motive was the same as mine, which was to not get dinged) However, if neither is the case then they are either oblivious or spiteful. Either way, not a pleasant experience for the sheetmetal.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:01 PM
DBZ

Originally posted by ktm

Good job being an idiot.
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:07 PM
DBZ

Default Re: Re: Folks in the OC drive and park like ****!

Originally posted by BoostTed
I think you just need to lose weight!!
You and me both! No more Krispy Kreme for us! I just need to weld the doors shut and slide in Dukes 'o Hazard style. "Just some good ol' boys. . ."

OT, I need a nice headliner like yours. That was some quality work. Teddy I think we need a Z meet in LA after the holidays.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:10 PM
DBZ

Originally posted by Scafremon

On the other hand, the person who started this thread is from Pluto. If you want to see some idiotic driving, try driving on Pluto!
Yup pretty icy roads on pluto. Need some serious skills to navigate the icebergs et al. But then again why go to Pluto for idiotic driving when it is so common in the OC?
Old 12-04-2004, 09:16 PM
BoostTed

Default Re: Re: Re: Folks in the OC drive and park like ****!

Originally posted by DBZ
You and me both! No more Krispy Kreme for us! I just need to weld the doors shut and slide in Dukes 'o Hazard style. "Just some good ol' boys. . ."

OT, I need a nice headliner like yours. That was some quality work. Teddy I think we need a Z meet in LA after the holidays.
You have my number whenever u are ready to do it let me know.

We need to do a meet but somewhere a bit warmer than Van Nuys KK
Old 12-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Janus

LOL ok ok, so it wasn't entirely (or even remotely) statistically sound (that never stops the media though!) but I've lived my entire life in the O.C. so its not uncommon for my friends and I to ***** about drivers in our respective neighboorhoods =P

Unfortunately, when you put on an average of at least 50+ miles a day on your car, driving habits of the locals becomes a focal point =P

Lets see, I've had a shopping cart slammed into my car, 3 sets of doors opened into my car, someone back into my car, kids from a Jr. High sit on my car leaving scratches on my hood, emblems stolen and I got keyed at Frys a few weeks ago... oh yeah, and someone drop a rock on my car from a bridge going over the road (luckily it was at low speeds...)

This is of course over the course of 9 years... all in the O.C...
Old 12-04-2004, 09:35 PM
jediZ-ot

I'm pretty sure those same ******** live here, I got a good one for ya - I had just bought a used 87 300zx, damn thing was beautiful, not a ding, scratch, or anything. Anyway, I park in this lot, probably about 4 rows right of the entrance to the store, and about 20 spots down from the nearest car. I was listening to something on the radio, so I stay in the car. After about a minute this woman pulls up and parks right next to me, driving an old shitbox cutlass. I figure she's an idiot for one, why park that far in such a shitty car? I just know she's gonna wack the crap out of my door, so I hang around. Sure enough, she looks over at me as she opens her door, and WHAM, right into my door. I jump out yelling at her, she slams her door shut and just sits there! Never says a word, nothing. I assumed she wasn't going to pay for the damage, so I moved my car away from her. It just amazed me, she looks at me and continues to open her door right into mine!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Risk

Im with you guys on the soccer mom driving thing. Try driving through Irvine with all the...uh...local demographic there. These women cut me off so bad sometimes that I have to slam on my brakes!! What are they going to say when they hit me "I didnt see your car," it BRIGHT F***IN ORANGE!!
Old 12-05-2004, 12:15 AM
DBZ

Originally posted by Risk
Im with you guys on the soccer mom driving thing. Try driving through Irvine with all the...uh...local demographic there. These women cut me off so bad sometimes that I have to slam on my brakes!! What are they going to say when they hit me "I didnt see your car," it BRIGHT F***IN ORANGE!!
They're color blind, except of course for the color of money, which they can spot 10 miles away.

Milf/Soccermom: "That's a very nice shade of green there in your wallet, can I have some? You can contribute to my "Free Louis Vuitton Handbag Fund." Unlike the Free Nelson Mandella Fund of the '80's, I only need to raise $3000 for Louis. Free Louis, Free Louis for me. Send Money Now!"
Old 12-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Z4ME2

Yeah, it seems like just about every other car here in OC is a monster SUV driven by some yuppy mom who's blabbling on her cell phone while her bratty kids are fighting in the back.

Yesterday I took my wife to a mini-mall near Seacliff in Huntington Beach. Very few spaces available. The best I could do was a diagonal spot between a new Mercedes SLK and a Range Rover SUV. When I came back to the car, the MB was gone and in its place was a huge monster Cadillac SUV, butted close on the passenger side. Went around the side of my new Z-- no dings. I got in my car and waited for my wife, hoping she'd beat the SUV people. No luck. Here comes this yuppie family piling into the Cadillac SUV. I'm watching through my rear side mirror. The dad gets in the driver's seat leaving the 8-year old to get in the behemoth by himself. I cringed as I saw him whip open the left rear door without even looking at where the door was going. It missed by about 1/4". They moved out of the spot and immediately another huge SUV took its place. That was enough for me, I started her up and backed out before the new SUV people had a chance to ding me. Caught up with the wife as I was driving away. She's looking at me like "WTF?" She thinks I'm a little "anxious" about my car. I guess she's right.

- John

Quick Reply: Folks in the OC drive and park like sh1t!