Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-ed up CLUTCH?>>? help? + car SHUT OFF on highway

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 08:55 AM
DIE DIE DIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-ed up CLUTCH?>>? help? + car SHUT OFF on highway

Hey guys... My car only has 2000 miles on it. Whenever I turn it on, and put the clutch it to put it in neutral, then let the clutch back out.. Theres a loud clunk sound. EVERY SINGLE TIME. (normal?/I hope not!) Again it's just right when I release the clutch while the car is cold. It does it for like the 1st 2-3 times I shift or whatever, then it's gone. Then last night (drove the car pretty hard) the damn thing starts making a shaking sound from under me. I could only hear it when I opened the car... Sounded like it was somewhere under my feet on the bottom of the car, but could have easily been from the engine bay.. anyone have a clue?

Also I raced an EVO on the freeway last night to about 130 (Yes I beat it ) But right when I let off my damn car turned off!!!!!!!!! The lights and everything went off. Luckily the steering wheels didn't lock up or anything, and I just cranked it back on and all was well. That was scary as fock tho I searched and read that the popcharger can cause this...? Is this true?

Please let me know if you have any idea what either of these problems could be.. Thanks alot, ryan

PS-got the Evo highway run on film...I was also racing a quick RSX-S. (the RSX was faster than the EVO ) It should be up tomorrow, so check the street racing section
Old 12-22-2004, 09:12 AM
chachi999999999

I am having the same problem. I was going to take out my aftermarket shifter, and go to the dealer to have it checked out. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:39 AM
DIE DIE DIE

Hmm yeah I don't think it has anything to do with your shifter then.. if thats what you were thinking..? cause mine does it and I'm stock besides the popcharger.

Anyone....? 20 views, come on not all of you could be auto's! At least tell us if yours does it or not so we know if it's normal or if we should take it to the dealer.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:24 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you all not heard of the Pop Charger causing a stall at high speeds in nuetral or low RPMs?

Both of you have pop-chargers... do a search on it.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:46 AM
DIE DIE DIE

Originally posted by tacomaboy
Have you all not heard of the Pop Charger causing a stall at high speeds in nuetral or low RPMs?

Both of you have pop-chargers... do a search on it.
thanks for your worthless comment If you actually read my 1st post you would have seen that I mentioned searching. If you actually read chachi99999's post you would see that he is not concerned with that issue, so refering to us as "you all" is also stupid.

The car shutting off is less of a concern than the clutch issue.

I don't belive the clutch issue has been covered, but it it has then I apologize. So anyone know about the clutch?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:07 AM
tacomaboy

My point was it doesnt sound like the clutch. It very much sounds like the ProCharger.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:16 AM
EdgeOfSanity

the shut down is related to the popcharger, the clanking tranny... well, thats nissans horrible piece of **** transmission they put in these cars. Mine clanks 1-2-3-4 when its cold and always does it in first and second when warm. If i drive the car hard it makes all kinds of noises for awhile.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:20 AM
SangWL

Originally posted by tacomaboy
My point was it doesnt sound like the clutch. It very much sounds like the ProCharger.
guys, he's looking for detailed diagnostic help.

1. with the sound underneath your feet and the sound of clunking, most likely isn't clutch, it could be transmision.

I would recommend letting the dealer know and do a diagnostic on it. There has been a lot of problems with transmissions.

2. as for the stalling, i'm guessing it is cause of the Pop Charger. i would tell the dealer to reset the ECU with their computers. I feel as if that clutch pattern works but not perfect.

thats all i can so brotha.

good luck

sang
Old 12-22-2004, 11:44 AM
DIE DIE DIE

thanks for the info Guys... yeah I was kinda afraid that it might have something to do with the tranny I hope I don't have a lemon tranny. I'm gonna take it to the dealer today.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:48 PM
tjhands

Hmmmm.......this popcharger thing has me scared shitless. I ordered one but haven't gotten it yet. One stall and it's history.

But......you said that when it stalled on you, the lights went off too? That doesn't sound right to me. If it just stalled out, the headlights would not go out, would they? I mean if it were a regular stall, like from a stop sign or something, just the engine would kill.....not the headlights. I'm no mechanic, but I've stalled my share of manual trannies and the headlights don't go off...that would be like a battery problem, no?
Old 12-22-2004, 02:40 PM
DIE DIE

yeah it was really weird... The whole dash just de-illuminated and thats what made me realize the car was off... cause I was just coasting in nuetral, then I looked down and was like WTF???