Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

****! door ding from some bastard!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 06:15 PM
nureulsaranghae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****! door ding from some bastard!

hi guys, I walked up to my car after work, and I see a ding that is caused by some bastard slamming their door onto my car while getting out or in. No paint damage, but yes, it is dented. It's not THAT big but, it IS BIGGGGGGGG for me on my car.
is there any way I can pop this thing back out? oh, and this is the driver side quarter panel above the rear wheel by about...2.5inches.

I heard Target sells these popping out things, but never work....or will it work on a not that big dent like mine?(BIG for me though)

im heart broken ..........damn...... Please help. if there's no good DIY product on this,

How much would it be at a body shop to pop this out?

help! im sad.......and mad at the same time. and I feel like

thanks,
John.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:32 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paintless dent removal runs about $50 a panel I believe.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:43 PM
CelticPride2

Is there any damage to the paint itself? If not, you can probably take it to a paintless dent removal shop and have it done cheaply. The shop near me charges around $90 per panel for the smallest dents.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:02 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Thats the reason why I park in the boonies or double park.

2 many inconsiderate bastards out there who dont have the damn common courtesy to give you a reach around. Wait I lost track there,

Seriously, I hate people who just swing their doors wide open because they cant get their fat asses out of their car. Seriously folks, we have a weight problem on our hand.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Put some little cones that say "VALET" on them in your trunk...when you park put them around your car. :-)
Old 12-22-2004, 07:24 PM
SB Track

NO WAY. I just found a ding on my car near there too! I was f*cken pissed. I was like "F*CKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!" out loud. I've only had the car for a few weeks, and already a ding. I had my G35 a year, driven much less frequently. And I never got one.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:25 PM
climhazzard85

a good PDR job is around $130-150, at least it was for me anyway.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:27 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Had mine 18 months/11 days and none so far. 02 Maxima has went 33 months/11 days! Knock on wood.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:28 PM
nureulsaranghae

SB Track....yea........Actually I said "SSI BAL" pretty much same thing as FU CKKKKKKKK but in Korean. lol. I too only had my car for about 1 month.

well guys, It looks like I worked for nothing today since I get about 100 per day. lol....Another.......F u CKKKKKKKKKK!

well, any experiences with target ones? Cuz i will give it a try and if it don't work, I am going to return it. lol
let me know how the target things worked out
thanks
John.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:37 PM
ThreeFitty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What part of MD are you in? If you want to drive to VA I can take a look at it for you. I've been doing PDR for 11yrs and have my own company in the NOVA area. The quarter panels on the Z's are extremely difficult to work on, but I'll see what I can do.
And a good job does run around $100-$150 retail.

PM me if your interested.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:59 PM
tractng

Guys,

Today this nice lady at work park next to me on the driver side. I could barely open the door and slide myself in.

Lucky, I am skinny enough. Dam people don't think about these stuff.

Tony
Old 12-22-2004, 11:46 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey threefitty, is it easy to work on the hood, I have a small dent caused by a fist or something. But anyways is it possibe to get it out with out having to replace the whole thing?
Old 12-23-2004, 05:54 AM
kbomb

Maryland is one of the worse places.
I got a ding right on the driver door. Its in the middle where the lines of the Z is..
Old 12-23-2004, 05:55 AM
mdracer76
Banned

I can personally attest to ThreeFitty 's work... he has pulled a few dings out of my Z .... PERFECTLY..

If it was not for Jason (ThreeFitty) I would have gone crazy looking at them.

Thanks again Jason!
Old 12-23-2004, 08:18 AM
mpol99

Originally posted by zand02max
Thats the reason why I park in the boonies or double park.

2 many inconsiderate bastards out there who dont have the damn common courtesy to give you a reach around. Wait I lost track there,

Seriously, I hate people who just swing their doors wide open because they cant get their fat asses out of their car. Seriously folks, we have a weight problem on our hand.
at the weight problem. Seriously though, I have seen MANY times fat people swing their doors open & slam other cars because they couldn't get their big assses out of the car!
Old 12-23-2004, 08:57 AM
DIE DIE DIE

1st time I see a ding on my Z and a car is next to it with matching paint...they are gonna have an imprint of my knee in their door
Old 12-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Does anyone here watch Malcolm in the Middle?
In last weeks episode Lois was at the mall shopping. She was sitting in her car looking over her list and this woman with a green mustang parked next to her opens the door onto Lois's car. Lois says to her "Excuse me...you just hit my car with your door...the least you could do is say you're sorry". The mustang woman says "Don't worry I'm sure it wont hurt your resale value".(Lois's car is a POS). Lois opens her door very hard onto the womans car and says "I'm sorry, see not so hard".
They then get into a heated duel of opening car doors. Eventually the woman in the mustang backs out and scrapes the front of her bumper all the way across Lois's car. As the woman is leaving Lois backs up, and slams into the woman. This goes back and forth in a demolition derby style thing until both cars are completely totaled! Funniest thing ever!
Anyway, moral of the story is...get an alarm that tells you if someone hits your car with a door so you can run outside and total your car in a demolition derby!
Old 12-23-2004, 09:34 AM
DIE DIE DIE

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
Does anyone here watch Malcolm in the Middle?
In last weeks episode Lois was at the mall shopping. She was sitting in her car looking over her list and this woman with a green mustang parked next to her opens the door onto Lois's car. Lois says to her "Excuse me...you just hit my car with your door...the least you could do is say you're sorry". The mustang woman says "Don't worry I'm sure it wont hurt your resale value".(Lois's car is a POS). Lois opens her door very hard onto the womans car and says "I'm sorry, see not so hard".
They then get into a heated duel of opening car doors. Eventually the woman in the mustang backs out and scrapes the front of her bumper all the way across Lois's car. As the woman is leaving Lois backs up, and slams into the woman. This goes back and forth in a demolition derby style thing until both cars are completely totaled! Funniest thing ever!
Anyway, moral of the story is...get an alarm that tells you if someone hits your car with a door so you can run outside and total your car in a demolition derby!
Old 12-23-2004, 09:58 AM
alienx

I got one the first month I had my Z (almost 2 years ago now). I think it was malicious because I was parallel parked at the time. I found a cigarette butt that somebody had thrown on the hatch, and after I was able to see straight again, I went to get in my car and saw the ding in the door. It has a big paint chip missing in the middle, and a lot of small chatter marks around it. I was as pissed as anyone would have been. Ever since then, I've hardly left the car parked anywhere (that's a sad fact!!).

With no paint damage, you'll be ok. get a PDR guy to put it back out.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:27 AM
oren

i had some annoying things done to my z, it looked as though one guy had rubbed his muddy boot down my head light, for no reason. I also had what looked to be a small scratch on the door but it washed off.

Quick Reply: ****! door ding from some bastard!