Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Custom DIY black housings 56k DIE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:39 PM
rolling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great cat wait to try!!
now to search for how to remove the fron bumper in a driveway!! uhh!

ya know i never had a car where you had to disassemble so many big parts for routine maintenance AKA Lightbulbs!! heh
Old 01-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Dankkx1

DISCLAIMER:: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES DONE TO YOUR CAR FOLLOWING THESE DIRECTIONS, WORK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

TOOLS:
Phillips screwdriver
Flathead screw driver
10mm Socket
ratchet
extender for the ratchet
tools in your trunk to take your wheels off

DIRECTIONS:

Open hood, remove clips holding the bumper from the engine bay (flathead) Then jack up the car remove 2 front wheels with tools provided by nissan in your trunk . Now remove about 3 or 4 clips each side in the wheel well that holds the plastic piece right behind the bumper, it wont come off yet, you have to remove like 10 screws/clips from underneath the bumper... this was a pain in the *** for me some clips were damaged from scraping... remove everything EXCEPT the last 2 clips in the very back... now the plastic in the wheel well comes off... now you can see behind your headlamps, remove i think 2 screws that hold the bumper against the fender each side, now the bumper should pop off, now your car looks like its been stripped Now using a 10mm socket and a ratchet and i recommend using a extender also there are some hard to reach areas that hold the headlight to the car. Remove 1 Bolt from the hood area, 2 Bolts under the headlamp and 1 bolt on the side of the headlamp, do this for both sides and disconnect the wires, and theres you go Big 350z headlamps in your hands, now your car really looks like its been stripped my freind suddenly came over and thought someone stripped my car. now remove parking lamp, turn signal, corner orange strip bulb by simply twisting counter-clockwise and you have access to the bulbs, put the bulbs somewhere safe put the sockets that hold the bolts back into place, now remove the big circle cover by turning it counter clockwise, now you see the back of your HID's pop the clip and pull the bulb out of the headlamp twist it counter-clockwise and put them somewhere really safe, you DO NOT wanna touch this, now the ballast is held by 4 screws, remove these 4 screws and unclip the wires and they should come out, and remove the high beam bulbs by taking the clip off and twisting them out. take a good look how the clips are holding the bulbs it took me so long figuring how it was held again lol. After you've done this for both headlamps remove screws that is holding the headlamps at the edge of the headlight i believe theres like 5 or 6, now heat the oven up to 350 degrees then when its at 350 degrees turn off the oven, and place the headlamps in it, after 7 minutes pull them out, use kitchen mitts or something to pull them out, they are extremely HOT! now use all your force to peal each corners of the headlights first then after you have one corner seperated its pretty much easy to peal the rest off, now you'll see 2 screws in the headlamp that holds the middle piece and the orange strip, there are 2 screws remove it, and now you can take it out from the headlight cover. Now you have couple choices......

1. Paint the big piece all black leave the orange strip orange and put them back together.

2. Dont paint anything and just take out the orange strip so its all clear.

3. take out the orange strip and paint the big piece but mask the corner out where the orange sttrip used to be.

4. Or paint the big piece, paint the orange strip. <----- This is what i did.

Now after the paint is dry, put it back into the headlight and put the 2 screws in and put together 2 pieces of the headlamps together again they dont have to be perfect, it will be hard to fit with all the dry silicon, after you have them in place put them back into the oven same tempertaure same time. Now take them out and press them together realll hard and put the screws on where it is at the edge of the headlamps that hold it together. make sure you they get put together or else you will have fogging issues and this SUCKS! after i did my car it rained for 10 days in a row no fogging Put all the bulbs, clips, wires, ballasts back on the headlamps, put the headlamp back on the car just read up top how you took em out and you sohuld know how to put it together, put the bumper back on screw everything back on plastic thingy in the fender, and put the plastic thing under the car back together and now you have custom headlights that you probably only paid 15 bucks total for paint!! cheapest mod i've ever done and it looks real nice. Those of you who are coming to the So Cal meet this sunday are welcome to check it out

Sorry for my such shitty grammer, i am not doing well in high school got kicked out to a continuation school lol never learned grammer so well. but i hope you can still understand it i have random commas and periods everywhere.

Happy Modding

Last edited by Dankkx1; 01-12-2005 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:22 AM
VaLe350z

Smooth...
Old 01-13-2005, 03:40 PM
jediZ (og)

hah! Everybody at twinturbo.net wants chrome light assemblies. now you guys are blacking them out. Different is always good though.

The grass is always greener....
Old 01-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Vash350Z

Looks good!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I Love mine too .

Bat™