Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Z weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 06:28 PM
kasims

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Z weekend

It's been only 1 week since I picked up my 05 touring Z. After a long week of wet and rainy weather, the sunny weekend finally arrived and I was ready to take her out for a serious spin. I know the break-in period is supposed to be 1200 miles, but I had to do it. I tried to keep the rev under 4000. Anyhow, I remember a motorcycle buddy telling me about a twisty mountain road taht a lot bikers run on.

First off, let me say WOW! The handling characteristics really impressed me. I thought I was really pushing the car, but it never hesistated for a moment. Just when I thought this is the bend that's going to make the tires lose grip for sure, and still it didn't. It's quite impressive when you consider my Z is bone stock. Without really pushing the car to its limit, you could never truly appreciate what you have. My other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler (talk about opposites) and felt the same way when I first took it offroading in Mexico.

Any San Diego Z owers out there? What are some of your favorite stretches of road?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Built2shredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The road from Temecula up to Anza and back down to Palm Desert.... If theres not traffic its automotive bliss