Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Been reading the E36 M3 forums and their posts are laughable.

Old 01-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been reading the E36 M3 forums and their posts are laughable.

They all think the 350Z is the ugliest car ever and everyone of them said they never lost to a 350Z

Here is a post from AvusMpower that had me cracking up!!

"Guys I almost lost it today. A friend of mine said that the new 350z looked better than my 95 Avus Blue M3 Coupe. It took every bit of restraint I had not to cut the punkass. Either way, I moved did a good ol fashioned walk around and peer in the windows on the Z. I like the exterior. Better than an e36? Hell no. they did good except the door handles look like suitcase latches and the whole thing overall looks fat; like literally, fat. Like its gonna go into a corner and lurch over to one side like a fat kid on wheels. Either way, the outsides pretty good looking but the interior is just sad. The steering wheel looks like something that was just fashioned in Monster Garage and the abnormally large shiftboot engulfs the little rice boy shifter. After a swift slap to a nearby face, I went on my merry way, satisfied that a 1995 is better than a 2003."

"I saw the dyno results for a 2002 MAXIMA with the Z motor, and that _**** made like, barely, 200 hp at the wheels (more like 197). Thats with FWD where there is like no drivetrain. Granted the Z has a more free flowing exhaust and better intake with a HOTTER CAM (oooh), making more HP than the Maxima, but it is the same motor, it has more potential for hp loss in the drivetrain. My buddy has a G35 and it is_****ing slow for 280 hp. Most M3s make 215 hp at the wheels and some make more.

My LW feels like 240 at the wheels, I said feels.

A friend of mine has a 1999 323i, 5 spd, and that thing feels faster on the freeway than the G35.

Nissans are BS, remember Infinities are the fastest depreciating cars on the market, Nissans not that far behind them.

Remeber the 1990 Q45, its the 45,000 dollar car that you can now buy for 2-3 grand.

Look at the 90-96 Z, not worth diddly and they all drive like crap."

"The styling is too trendy - will look wack in a few years, especially the faux alu door handles with the little dimples on them, yugk!
I easily walked away from one on the track a few weekends ago - and I'm far from an expert driver.
A turbo version is expected down the road - will likely be easily boosted to 400+ hp w/ a few cheap/easy mods. Well worth the wait, I'd think.
The car is already WAY too poplular. Its a good car at a very affordable price = no exclusivity, which is OK, but the car will never be seen as an elite sports car. Nissan should have released the turbo version first, built the rep as one badass *****, and then released the NA version for all the wannabees. BMW did this w/ the X5 4.4 and 3.0."

Last edited by Diesel350; 01-19-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:28 PM
350zluvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crack is an amazing drug....
Old 01-19-2005, 12:29 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think his 95 Avus Blue M3 Coupe isn't all that great looking.....
Old 01-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Lonerider

Yeah, poor guy...yet it is his opinion...which doesn't mean #$@% to anyone but himself.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Watkins

Originally posted by sentry65
I think his 95 Avus Blue M3 Coupe isn't all that great looking.....
Well, at least he can say he is still driving around in a decade old sports car, but I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:10 PM
NoahzBurnt

These people remind me of the one's who can't get into a club, go home, and write a review online that says the the club sucked.

He probably got his *** slapped by one and is now just hating....I don't care tho.....i bet my kitted Z can pick up more Jr. High School girls than his M and by the sounds of it.....that's all he cares about!!!!

Old 01-19-2005, 01:13 PM
King Tut

Default Re: Been reading the E36 M3 forums and their posts are laughable.

Originally posted by Diesel350
"I saw the dyno results for a 2002 MAXIMA with the Z motor, and that _**** made like, barely, 200 hp at the wheels (more like 197). Thats with FWD where there is like no drivetrain. Granted the Z has a more free flowing exhaust and better intake with a HOTTER CAM (oooh), making more HP than the Maxima, but it is the same motor, it has more potential for hp loss in the drivetrain. My buddy has a G35 and it is_****ing slow for 280 hp. Most M3s make 215 hp at the wheels and some make more.

My LW feels like 240 at the wheels, I said feels.
That last part is all I have to read. This guy has no clue.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Sr. Panza

I have to admit I think M3's are very well built and if I would have had some extra cash I might have bought one...but I dont think they're THAT much better than my Z.

I was driving around with my business partner a couple of weeks ago and a black M3 passed us up as we were making a left. I said, "I was thinking of buying that car there before I bought my Z." And his reply was, "WHY?!?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:27 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

e36's have similar performance numbers to our cars because of the lower weight. I like the e36 M3. It's an attractive car. But the Z is a beautiful car.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:58 PM
mdacko

i love it how they think Z's are slow.

i race my buddy in his 4 door e36 all the time - i always come out on top.

people that hate on teh Z are just jealous, they prove it time and again.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:05 PM
LanceG33

Alot of Beemer drivers are into the exclusive brand thing. M3 guys get bent out of shape because they paid 15k more for a car that gets taken by more affordable ones.

Don't recall the name of the DVD off hand but maximZ sent me a copy of a race in Japan with a Z, M3, Boxster and S2k (all stock). The S2k was the closest to overtaking the Z. The M3 skittered around every turn and almost ended up in the grass a couple times because the tires and suspension could not keep the car planted. And, these cars were all being driven by professional racers.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:33 PM
NzZ

Default Re: Been reading the E36 M3 forums and their posts are laughable.

Hahaha,

This guy is obviously jealous and is on some sort of BMW elitist thing...which is fine if it makes (part of) him feel bigger.

NzZ
Old 01-19-2005, 03:15 PM
ultimate_86

He just can't admit to the truth that the Z is a bad*** car. He didn't like the body what the hell is his problem the body of the Z is gorgeous.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:29 PM
ZPower

Originally posted by LanceG33
Don't recall the name of the DVD off hand but maximZ sent me a copy of a race in Japan with a Z, M3, Boxster and S2k (all stock). The S2k was the closest to overtaking the Z. The M3 skittered around every turn and almost ended up in the grass a couple times because the tires and suspension could not keep the car planted. And, these cars were all being driven by professional racers.
Cool video, I have on my PC.

I think people with "high end" cars look at the Z with its heritage in mind, basically that of a top sports car. Now I do consider the Z a top sports car, among the top 5 in its class at least, but I think people expect more after all the years of being turbocharged, and I consider the M3 somewhere between top sport cars and high end, because let's face it, it's not high end by any means but it does have that little extra over your common sports car. But the thing these guys forget is what Nissan really did - produce a solid sports car that performed at the top of its class (I'm not saying it's #1) for under $30k. To have people with a $40k sports car get all upset about how close each car is makes me laugh. At the same time beeing a sport car enthusiast and seeing all the trash talk for years makes me sad (part of the scene I guess). It's the 21st century people, there's some beautiful cars out there now, whatever your taste, I4, V6, V8, rotary, Turbocharged, Supercharged, whatever your budget, $20K, $30k, $40k, etc. Think about the late 90's when there was nothing to get excited about and next time admire someone else's choice and enjoy your own.

Last edited by ZPower; 01-19-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
zpylot

My boss is very car literate and I asked him one time about BMW's. He said that he would never own a BMW or a Mercedes because if you goto Europe that's what they use as Taxi's. He said he does not want to own a Taxi.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:40 PM
LanceG33

And, the German cars have slipped in the JD Power and Associates rankings. Sure there is some 'prestige' (at least percieved) in driving around in higher end cars. However, no badge is worth 15k more.

The Z was not even designed to compete with the M3 so what does it say when they get so threated by a mere 30k car?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:41 PM
DIE DIE DIE

I like the new m3's alot, but I'd much rather have my Z than an E36. I ran one a few times on the highway and beat him by 2+ cars.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:02 PM
mofoz

well i dynoed 243 at the wheels. i dont need to guess what it "feels" like. this is with two bolt ons. I like bmws. Yes the m3 e46 is faster, nicer interior. and better service, but bang for the buck the Z is amazing. for them its all about the name.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:05 PM
tylerdurden

I sold an E36 M3 to get myTrack Z. Strangely enough it was Avus Blue. In stock form it can't run with a Z. With a few mods it will go pretty good. It needs a Dinan Supercharger to make real horsepower.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Mantis3024

People like him are the reason why I would never get an M3 or any BMW for that matter. I don't want to be associated with that bunch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Been reading the E36 M3 forums and their posts are laughable.