Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Undecided on what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 12:26 AM
jimmyhai82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Undecided on what to get?

Nissan 350Z is the best sport car for its price. I plan to buy my Z in couple of weeks, but I needed some help on getting the best price for the 350z touring. I'm just wondering, how much did you guy buy for your Z? I thinking out the door around 30,000 but I'm not sure if they would accept it?
Thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 03:54 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OTD for $30k for a Touring sounds kinda low. Invoice on a Touring is $30,723. See if you can get it for around $31k; that would probably put OTD at around $33k.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:22 AM
BigMoeTaki42

I bought an '03 touring used with 6,500 miles, for $26,000 plus tax. I think that was a really good deal, because the car was in perfect condition. I'm assuming you're buying a new Z though. I don't know how the market is in san jose but here in fort wayne, dealers will not budge on the price of new Zs. You may be able to talk down a few hundred though. Anyway, check out some used Zs, you can find some at a really good price in good condition.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:34 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good price is $1000 to $2000 below MSRP plus tax & license.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:41 AM
BadDriver

www.carbuyingtips.com

happy reading!
Old 01-30-2005, 05:49 PM
sokudo9l6

i been car shopping for the a couple of weeks now. Let just say i got $2000 off msrp for the z by simply going to a dealership to just look at the car. When i was done and i told the guy i was going home, he stopped me and offer to knock down $2k right away. I still left =P. The reason why i havn't really made up my mind about the Z yet is because of the way i was treated. Every salesperson i come across has no knowledge of the car. I been to 4 dealerships and all they simply do is point at the car and say check it out...very very unprofessional. When i ask them a few simply questions, they start talking out of their ***. Some guy even try to sell me a base model as an ethu. Maybe i 'm getting treated like this because i act as if i have no knowledge about the car myself. But i mean...if i was an average joe who knew nothing about the car..is that how nissan sale reps will try selling a Z to me? In contast...when i walked into a mazda dealership, i told the sales rep i wasn't buying and he still showed me EVERYTHING on the rx8. He even took me on his rx8 test drive route and i almost crapped in my pants. I redline 1st-4th gear...driving the car like it was broken in. This is how sales reps should present their cars..even if i don't have the intention to buy right away. To tell you the truth, after coming out of a nissan dealership then going mazda, i was almost sold on the rx8 because of the way i got treated.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by sokudo9l6
i been car shopping for the a couple of weeks now. Let just say i got $2000 off msrp for the z by simply going to a dealership to just look at the car. When i was done and i told the guy i was going home, he stopped me and offer to knock down $2k right away. I still left =P. The reason why i havn't really made up my mind about the Z yet is because of the way i was treated. Every salesperson i come across has no knowledge of the car. I been to 4 dealerships and all they simply do is point at the car and say check it out...very very unprofessional. When i ask them a few simply questions, they start talking out of their ***. Some guy even try to sell me a base model as an ethu. Maybe i 'm getting treated like this because i act as if i have no knowledge about the car myself. But i mean...if i was an average joe who knew nothing about the car..is that how nissan sale reps will try selling a Z to me? In contast...when i walked into a mazda dealership, i told the sales rep i wasn't buying and he still showed me EVERYTHING on the rx8. He even took me on his rx8 test drive route and i almost crapped in my pants. I redline 1st-4th gear...driving the car like it was broken in. This is how sales reps should present their cars..even if i don't have the intention to buy right away. To tell you the truth, after coming out of a nissan dealership then going mazda, i was almost sold on the rx8 because of the way i got treated.
When I bought my Prelude, the salesman was somewhat knowledgeable, but the reason I did more was because I did a lot of research on the internet.

If the guy was willing to drop $2k off MSRP right then and there, I would've worked out something with him if I was serious about buying it. It would be more of an insult to me if they didn't want to take anything off MSRP than if they didn't know anything about the car.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 PM
sokudo9l6

yeah...i wanted to work a better deal with him but i figured i had no point. I didn't bring the car i needed to trade in. The good thing is..i know if this dealer was willing to take 2gs off right away, some other dealer can do better when i actually buy the car.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:23 PM
sokudo9l6

and yeah...i did alot of research on the Z. I just walked into a dealer pretending i didn't know jack. I just think that it was better to not let the dealer know you really want the car. Let the dealer talk you into buying their car. And hopfully their way of convincing you is with a great price.