Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody Know?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 09:35 AM
TIGHT-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anybody Know?????

Does anyone know if Nismo engine parts will void your warranty on your Z?
Old 11-12-2002, 11:37 AM
roberto350z

i think that dealer installed is undr warranty!
Old 11-12-2002, 11:44 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually this was always considered a simple, no they will not. but more recently I heard they might. perhaps you should inquire to nissan if nismo will be accepted for warrenty.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:46 AM
lauderdale75

There is a distinct gray area when dealing w/ aftermarket mods. Generally, the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act would not permit the dealer to invalidate your warranty for aftermarket parts. However the text of the law states that manufacturers cannot void your warranty for using an aftermarket part in place of a part THE MANUFACTURER WOULD NOT PROVIDE FOR FREE under warranty.

The appropriate section 15 U.S.C Sec 2302(c) reads (notice the section in parenthesis):

No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name ...

so, where does that leave us? Since there may be NISMO engine parts that are replacing Nissan parts that are available under warranty -- then the warranty - to this extent may be invalidated.

Again, this is not to be interpreted as legal advice - I strongly suggest you consult your attorney if so inclined.