Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pictures on nissan web site

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 06:50 PM
rai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pictures on nissan web site

I guess it's been a few weeks since nissan treated us to a few new pictures. We were all excited at first, followed by the feeling that some of the pictures were better than others. Zisme told us at the time some of the pictures were quick and dirty so we could get something to look at without having to wait so long. Fine but it's been a few weeks. How hard is it to get a few nice pictures? Seems to me the quick fix has become not a temporary stop gap but a final product. I hope the rest of the car is not put together with the same disregard for details.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:10 PM
Todd

Geez, they just put up some nice Quicktime surround videos on Friday. What more do you want from them??
Old 06-19-2002, 09:31 PM
rep15

I do not understanding how the relationship between the website/advertising product equates with the quality of the Nissan automotive engineers' product.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:00 PM
rai

Default attention to detail

true the web site marketers have nothing to do with the actual engeneering or design of the car, but nissan is responsible for the web site and the dealer network. My point is Nissan should be as concerned about the information on its website as it is about the car. It's called sweating the small stuff. Take a look at the Mini Cooper (miniusa.com)website then compair it to nissan. It looks like mini hired the best web makers, and nissan just hired the first web creator that came along.

As for the FMV or whatever you call it nissan added I think it is poorly done, could be a prototype, not an actual production car (antenna?), and requires a lot of downloading. I'd rather see a dozen good pictures than the crappy steering wheel go up and down.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:17 AM
h4lights

Default Sweating the small stuff:

Originally posted by rai
true the web site marketers have nothing to do with the actual engeneering or design of the car, but nissan is responsible for the web site and the dealer network. My point is Nissan should be as concerned about the information on its website as it is about the car. It's called sweating the small stuff. Take a look at the Mini Cooper (miniusa.com)website then compair it to nissan. It looks like mini hired the best web makers, and nissan just hired the first web creator that came along.

As for the FMV or whatever you call it nissan added I think it is poorly done, could be a prototype, not an actual production car (antenna?), and requires a lot of downloading. I'd rather see a dozen good pictures than the crappy steering wheel go up and down.
COMPARE:
Let's see. The mini has been out how long in Europe and Asia? Maybe some of the small stuff was sweated already, somewhere else. Maybe Nissan should wait a year or two coming to market in the US like BMW has done with this limited distribution "boutique" car.
Who was almost broke recently Nissan or BMW?
I'm sure your intentions are good, but understand the differences between the companies and be glad your 350Z won't be a Mini.
I am hoping the money is being spent on vehicle content and not on a website.
After seeing the car(s) on more than one occassion and talking to the people behind the Z here in the US, I am confident of this.
As a sidebar I do agree with you that improvements are possible from viewing the Nissan Motors Ltd. vs NNA website, but budgets are extremely lean at Nissan Motor Sales USA/ Nissan North America and some of the other stuff being done seems to make sense to me from a grassroots position.
Attached Thumbnails pictures on nissan web site-350z01.jpg  
Old 06-20-2002, 02:31 AM
Todd

Default Re: attention to detail

Originally posted by rai

Whatever dude. You're obviously never going to be happy. Have you even seen the Flash stuff they have up there? That certainly wasn't done by the first creator that came along. If you want pictures, there have been plenty posted on here by several people. I think we know what it looks like by now.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:55 AM
Gavkiwi

Yeah, what Todd said