2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just got my first ticket last night :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 05:33 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got my first ticket last night :(

Hey everyone-
Got my first freakin' ticket last night. This sucks - cuz I know that when he clocked me, I was going the speed limit (radar detector), but previous to him clocking me, I might've been speeding just a little bit. So anyway, I'm going 30 cuz my radar is going crazy (in a 30MPH zone) and the mfer is right behind me and turns his lights on. So he pulls up behind me and gets out and comes up to my window and says "You need to slow down with this". I'm thinking "psssssshhh, whatever buddy". So I give him my stuff, insurance, drivers license, and I'm looking for my registration when he WALKS AWAY from my car. So I'm furious. This jerk says he clocked me speeding, walks away before I get a chance to give him my registration - what's up with my bad luck. So about 10 minutes later, he comes back and I tell him that he forgot to take my registration. He says (exact words) "well, I guess it worked out better that way. I don't want to know how much insurance you pay for this car, and I'd hate for your rate to go up - it'd be NASTY." So me, the smart@ss I am, say "Actually, the insurance isn't that bad"...heheh...I like to have the last word. So the mfer never clocked me for speeding, but pulled me over anyway. I get a stupid@ss ticket for registration when I had my registration with me. All my friends are telling me to fight it, but for 45 bucks, who the hell cares. I think that's why they pull over the sports cars, they know we are less likely to fight a 45 dollar ticket than someone driving a ghetto-mobile. Freakin' amazing. Well, *rant off*. Thanks for listening...hahah.
-Jill
Old 11-15-2002, 05:39 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

at least it wasn't a speeding ticket- you'd be paying for that for years.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:39 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, Jill, I'm sorry. That cop sounds like a major dickwad! I don't know what it's like in Jersey, but in Texas all we have to do is send in our proof of insuarnce to get that ticket dismissed. Of course there's a fee, but at least it's not a ticket.

Punk cop on a power trip.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:59 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: Just got my first ticket last night :(

Originally posted by ZGiRL
Hey everyone-
Got my first freakin' ticket last night. This sucks - cuz I know that when he clocked me, I was going the speed limit (radar detector), but previous to him clocking me, I might've been speeding just a little bit. So anyway, I'm going 30 cuz my radar is going crazy (in a 30MPH zone) and the mfer is right behind me and turns his lights on. So he pulls up behind me and gets out and comes up to my window and says "You need to slow down with this". I'm thinking "psssssshhh, whatever buddy". So I give him my stuff, insurance, drivers license, and I'm looking for my registration when he WALKS AWAY from my car. So I'm furious. This jerk says he clocked me speeding, walks away before I get a chance to give him my registration - what's up with my bad luck. So about 10 minutes later, he comes back and I tell him that he forgot to take my registration. He says (exact words) "well, I guess it worked out better that way. I don't want to know how much insurance you pay for this car, and I'd hate for your rate to go up - it'd be NASTY." So me, the smart@ss I am, say "Actually, the insurance isn't that bad"...heheh...I like to have the last word. So the mfer never clocked me for speeding, but pulled me over anyway. I get a stupid@ss ticket for registration when I had my registration with me. All my friends are telling me to fight it, but for 45 bucks, who the hell cares. I think that's why they pull over the sports cars, they know we are less likely to fight a 45 dollar ticket than someone driving a ghetto-mobile. Freakin' amazing. Well, *rant off*. Thanks for listening...hahah.
-Jill
If you've got the time, fight it. Otherwise its not worth your money, as your time is probably worth more than 45 bucks. Still, I'd fight it on principle. Why give the government that money when they don't deserve it. Your case should be thrown out when you explain that the cop didn't even bother to look at your registration before he wrote the ticket.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:03 AM
Grey Matter

He is just jealous of your Z and that he doesn't have one
Old 11-15-2002, 06:04 AM
michael350

well you dont have to PAY the ticket. Take it to the courthouse with your registration and they will dismiss it right there. No need to go to court or anything. but you do have to take it within the time period it says on the ticket. EX... pay within 14 days.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:44 AM
Edretti

Hey Proform, where in Maryland are you from and do you have your Z yet? Looking for other Z owners in the area that want to strut there stuff!

Eddie
Old 11-15-2002, 06:53 AM
Jill

Thanks for the comments girls and guys. It was about 5 minutes from my house, but in the opposite direction of where I usually travel. This was in a town that my Z has never seen before. (decided to take a short cut home from school - ended up taking an extra 20 minutes and a ticket - darn!). And no, I'm not saying that going to court is positively correlated with having a ghettomobile.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:05 AM
Vlad

Fight it! You can be sure cop won't show up!

Even if he does, and stuptid enough to testify that he gave you a brake instead of giving you speeding ticket it'll sound so ridiculous (cop? doing such thing?), that you have a good chanse... Especially, if you are sure you wasn't speeding. Fight it. It's a good feeling when you cross-examine the cop, and he has to answer everyone of your 40+ questions
Old 11-15-2002, 08:26 AM
fanatic6711

Yea, Jersey cops are ********. I got a speeding ticket for doing 58 in a 50. Probably because I was coming home late at night, BUT I WAS ON MY ROAD ALREADY!!!!! Then, I gave the cop two PBA cards and stickers in my lowered Amigo(and he asked me if I knew what they ment, jerkoff), I knew the cop's son and was going to work with him the next day. Told the cop's son he was an ******* and then told one of my buddies dad who is influential with the local police department, so he told the Police Chief!!!!! Anyways, Z girl: what do you pay for your insurance and what company. I'm a year older than you and live around the same area. I plan on getting a Blue Enthusisast with an automatic . Please let me know, thanks!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:44 AM
barnicleboy
Banned

Default Re: Just got my first ticket last night :(

Originally posted by ZGiRL
Hey everyone-
-Jill
I live in NJ, what town was this in so i can avoid it?
Old 11-15-2002, 08:46 AM
MacGuru

Originally posted by michael350
well you dont have to PAY the ticket. Take it to the courthouse with your registration and they will dismiss it right there. No need to go to court or anything. but you do have to take it within the time period it says on the ticket. EX... pay within 14 days.
He's right, fight it. Just bring in your reg with you when you go to court. They will dismiss it. Good luck. -m
Old 11-15-2002, 08:54 AM
Jill

Default Re: Re: Just got my first ticket last night :(

Originally posted by barnicleboy
I live in NJ, what town was this in so i can avoid it?
Oaklyn.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:21 AM
vj518

That sucks Jill...
I'll be sure to avoid that area.

I've been real cautious of going too fast...

the Z sticks out like a sore thumb because there aren't many of them around and they are so unique looking compared to the cars you regularly see on the road. Plus I've only had mine for 3 days...hehe

I'd go to court if is worth your time. That's an easy win, but you'll still wind up paying for court fees I think.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:45 AM
DCABF

he just wanted to see the hot girl in the hot car.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:30 PM
DIGItonium

Lets put some tread marks on his butt!
Old 11-15-2002, 01:23 PM
WashUJon

Just spoke with my lawyer friend, Jill.

He said try the police department. They can usually take care of that kind of nonsense right there. If you show them your registration, they might just waive the ticket. Also, there shouldn't be any court fees if you do go to court for this. The judge should dismiss it pretrial...
Old 11-15-2002, 01:53 PM
Zoro

Zgirl I was going to suggest you do like one of my daughters does, cry! She has been stopped many times and it has worked every time. I'm thinking about trying it myself

But when I read the part about " So me, the smart@ss I am, say "Actually, the insurance isn't that bad"...heheh...I like to have the last word." I figure your not the type who would stoop that low. But if you ever get caught really speeding I would give it a try. It actually got my daughter out of a 90 in a 70.

I don't know about NJ but here all you have to do is take it to the court house within 10days with your registration and they tear it up.

Quick Reply: Just got my first ticket last night :(