Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

*RANT* Is it just me or do people love to park right next to the Z???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 04:37 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry *RANT* Is it just me or do people love to park right next to the Z???

I try my best to not get door dings by parking far away.

When I'm at my teaching job where I can see my car from the window in my classroom there are at least 15 spaces in a row so I park it all the way to the right touching the line giving the car parked to the left's passenger some slack buffer not to hit my car. What do you know someone picks a spot right next to me.

Now I'm at my other job above the bank where I can also see my car through the window parked at the far end and there are at least 25 spots closer to the bank and spacious spots and guess what? A truck pulls up sloppily parks next to me.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:00 PM
doodeitstom

oh man I know what your talking about. Ill park in the last row at the supermarket or somethin where it is desolate. I come back out next thing you know there is a POS green camry parked next to it. I am like WTF.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Built2shredZ

Yep, i hear you brother.... preach on...

There can be like 50 empty parking spaces around me and everytime I come out of the store some hoser is parked right next to me.. 9 out of 10 times its a crappy car with big huge doors on it...
Old 03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Destiny350Z

Ok here is the thing.... No one on this earth wants to park next to a POS!! Because the POS driver doesn't give a sh** if he bangs dints or scrapes your car because his car is already a POS!!! So if you park next to a nice car (Like a Z) they are less likely to dint bang or damage your car!!! Thats why when I get to Wal-mart I drive around and see if there are any BMWs or Lexus' to park next to!!! If not I don't mind walking a mile or so to the entrance!!

Last edited by Destiny350Z; 03-14-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Lerxst

I dunno... I see some pretty senile people driving lexus' and bmw's.

In this city people usually leave me alone... I cringe when I have to go to a mall and it's packed. Quite often, to my surprise, I find people that park beside my car give it lots of space and are cramped on the other side.

1.5 years... no door dings... knock on wood!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Destiny350Z

LOL you're right about old people and their BMW's... I have found if I park really messed up that no one wants to park next to me!!!! Once I took up 4 parking spaces!!! It would have been 5 but the Z wasn't big enough!!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:52 PM
ssc

yeah, i hear you...i get really irritated too when i go out my way to park away from ppl and then somebody always ends up parking right next to me
Old 03-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Mantis3024

Haha. I have been late to soo many classes, meetings, and such finding an 'acceptable' parking spot. I perfer to park next to other cars since if you park by yourself, who knows what car will pull up next to it. As I'm walking away, I usually think to myself 'I just parked next to a _____. _____ people drive those cars. Dam! I gata move my car'. And I end up circling the lot about 5 times. Happens almost every day.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:08 PM
HenryLee

Most places around here don't have enough parking. So I've parked everywhere before, next to POS cars, trucks, you name it. You can't really be picky when you're fighting for parking. Don't really think twice about it.

I find that when I reverse park people are more careful around my car; maybe its psychological, but I reverse park whenever I can. A year and a half and nothin's happened....knock on wood.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:23 PM
rolling

i always try to park next to other nice cars preferably 4door (shorter doors) or next to someone that look like they care about THEIR car.. or next to a curb on 1 one side AWAY
from shopping carts
Old 03-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Risk

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Yep, i hear you brother.... preach on...

There can be like 50 empty parking spaces around me and everytime I come out of the store some hoser is parked right next to me.. 9 out of 10 times its a crappy car with big huge doors on it...
I agree with every single post on this thread so far but ^^this one^^ hits the nail right on the head.

I also like to park FAAARRR away from places and across as many parking spots as I can fit.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:27 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hear ya, everytime i park in the back of the lot some sort of ghetto sled parks next to me. The worst is when they do it so i can barely get into my car. I'm paranoid about door dings, everytime i park somewhere and come back im looking for a scratch or a ding. One of these days someone is going to get their car keyed.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:24 PM
hypeiv

always seems to be walmart... i part at the end of the row in their giant parking lot and trek 200 yards to the door then 10 minutes later hill billy jeb pulls up in his pick up truck full of stuff to return to walmart so he can afford another 6 pack and says "gee looky at there fancy car, he thinks I'm gonna put a ding in his door I will park right next to him to show him"

I hate this and everything else about walmart except the prices so I keep going back for some reason. Hopefully one day I will make enough money I can upgrade to going across the street to target.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:47 PM
FairladyZ

I know how all of you feel. I wonder if it will be the same for my new car?
Old 03-15-2005, 01:13 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hypeiv
Hopefully one day I will make enough money I can upgrade to going across the street to target.

LOL!

One time I parked waaaay back to pick up a CD at the record store. I'm usually not **** about parking because some things are just inevitable.

But that day...
Plan: In an out in ten minutes!
The shopping center was busy, Screw it I can find a spot waaay back in no time. Hopped out the car, I go in get my CD, and come back out to find grey-haired granny slooooooowly pulling in her Caddy Deville bringing her boat 6 inches away from my passenger door.

I can see her struggling to open her door. I was thinking to myself "oh hell noooo"

"Um mam....uh...mam ...can you hear me ? Please...STAY PUT! I'll back out!"

*door opens*

CLUNK!!

WTF??!?

She squeezes out and walks off!! I bit my bottom lip and said nothing. Had I shared my feelings, granny would have had a heart attack!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:56 AM
zerog

lol.. for quick runs into wall mart for pop ect i park long ways in handcaped spots lol.... but its like 7 am in the morn after i gett off work ... tho not very busy...

yeah i just dont bother about thinking where i park just try parking on far sides away from the entrance where no one wants to park it just where i always park! i think this is good enough and get out
Old 03-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Alang

Just remember this. Most people are single drivers, so find an end spot so that if someone does pull in next to you, their passenger door will be next to your car. Most times no one will be getting out that door, and you'll be OK.

Also, look for the bozos that back into spots. If you park on their passenger side, then you will have two passenger doors surrounding your car.

This won't eliminate all door dings, but you are playing the percentages.

Alan (Two and a half years of daily driving with no door dings).
Old 03-15-2005, 09:58 AM
marhot

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
I try my best to not get door dings by parking far away.
Ditto.

BTW, there is a dog on your Z. Why?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:26 AM
desiZ

1 year today... happy birthday to my z ... parking far away and parking away from potential dingers helped... the two dings i have on my car are from:-
1. my punk-@ss neighbor who drives a pos dodge stealth who was drunk when he flung his door open.
2. at a z meet when someone's girlfriend flung another Z door into mine.. arrghh...

either ways... if you are careful where u park, u can avoid dings... other than that , like my two dings are unavoidable...
Old 03-15-2005, 11:36 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by marhot
Ditto.

BTW, there is a dog on your Z. Why?
I put my dog inside the car and I walk 15 feet and she gets worried so she crawls on top and nearly slips.

Quick Reply: *RANT* Is it just me or do people love to park right next to the Z???