Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Damn

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 03:40 PM
Shift_Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn

i was patiently waiting for my z to come in when i was FORCED to sit in the s2000... and i was in love.... it is a bit small but i'm not a big guy... also the interior was we'll crafted... i turned on the aux. to see the gauges and WOW.... that was sex... true the strereo sucked a big toe... but the car was so beautiful... i wanted it in the hard top but the damn thing cost 3 g's .... DAMN!!! so i talked to the guy and it had wheel locks and an alarm system installed... i was wondering with them options and a soft top if 34,600 on the road was a good price... please people voice your opinions.... PLEASE!!!i'm about to go tommorrow and get the s2000 cuz january is a quite a bit to wait.... please help ME!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 04:15 PM
JP00SS

If you like it, get it. Thats all I can say
Old 11-18-2002, 04:16 PM
rjsmit1

Default Re: Damn

If the wait until January is a problem, you can drive from Maryland over to Brown's Sterling Nissan in Norhtern VA and buy the black track model off the showroom floor. They had a $1,800 add on sticker on it, but I bet that would go away real fast because the car's been sitting there for a week... If that one doesn't appeal to you, I am sure that there are others available if you look hard enough. On the other hand, if you want the S2000, go for it. There are two or three of them sitting on the Car Max lot next to Brown's for around $29 or 30k. (Or if you really want to get rowdy, there are two Corvette Z06's at the same Car Max...)

Originally posted by Shift_Speed
i was patiently waiting for my z to come in when i was FORCED to sit in the s2000... and i was in love.... it is a bit small but i'm not a big guy... also the interior was we'll crafted... i turned on the aux. to see the gauges and WOW.... that was sex... true the strereo sucked a big toe... but the car was so beautiful... i wanted it in the hard top but the damn thing cost 3 g's .... DAMN!!! so i talked to the guy and it had wheel locks and an alarm system installed... i was wondering with them options and a soft top if 34,600 on the road was a good price... please people voice your opinions.... PLEASE!!!i'm about to go tommorrow and get the s2000 cuz january is a quite a bit to wait.... please help ME!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Shift_Speed

i actually got off the phone with the brown dealer yesterday but the drive to va is a lil out of the way for me becuz i work till 9 everyday.... also black ... i love the color on the z but i can't keep it in good condition and i kno a lil scratch would **** me off! haha ... man the s2000 was great... but the price is 3-4 g's more! .... i really have no idea what to do... i guess its really becuz the z comes with no sunroof ... i'm a big sunroof fan and the z not having one .... we'll kinda erks me! but the car looks so damn beautiful.... ARGH!!! i see a honda dealer tommorrow cuz they said they will top the price the other dealer gave me... so i dunno, if they give me a good price i might be an ex 350z member..... DECESIONS DECESIONS!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 04:26 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

If you want the Z... wait.

If you want the S2000... buy it.

If you want the Z and can't wait... look around at other dealers. Hell, I'm waiting until March... hate winter driving in a new car anyway.

Decisions are easy if broken down into logical steps.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:33 PM
myz350

read the latest issue of Car and Driver, they compared between s2000, audi tt, mustang marh 1 and the 350Z, the conclusion was in that order from 4th place to 1st, 350Z being the 1st. It out handles the s2000 in every way. I almost bought a s2000 last year, I'm glad that I waited for the 350Z, it's a much better car for the same price(in canada that is).
Old 11-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Todd

Did you actually drive the S2000 yet? I did and the lack of torque, along with the very cramped interior, kept me away.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Shift_Speed

i dunnno ... i kinda liked the cramp feeling .... like it felt like i fit perfectly just like a glove... ok bad analogy... any way... damn the s2000 got last place.... that is sick.... =0( .... you think there is any way of putting a sunroof on the z?
Old 11-18-2002, 06:25 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if there was, it would be difficult... leaks are common on aftermarket sunroofs.

as for a glove, they feel great, for about 2 hours, then you just wanna take them off your hand and have some air... but maybe thats just me.

eh, hard to talk you out of it since I love the S2000, its an awesome car. but I agree, drive it, youll notice the lack of torque, fixed if you rev the engine, but this is why the S2000 is a convertable, its meant as a weekend car, when you want to drive like you stole it, in your tight fitting, open top car.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:30 PM
NowUZme

If you like the 350Z but want a sunroof, take a peek at the Infiniti G35 coupe. It's not the same car as the 350Z but it's pretty similar in many respects, and it has a sunroof.

Or, you can wait until February and get a convertible 350Z. Of course I would expect it to cost a fair amount more $$$.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:33 PM
roberto350z

get the s2000 and race me for money !!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 06:36 PM
ares
Veteran

wouldnt bet your car on a convertable that no ones even seen a pic of showing up in 3 months.

just my 2cents.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:45 PM
Shift_Speed

i was lookin into the g35c and honestly... it did not turn me on... kekeke ... like if i saw a s2000 or a z on the road it will definately get a second look... imo the g35c is kinda on the conservative side... i mean it is a great car but also i am paying 30,569 for the enthusiast 6sp. (look at sig.) out the door... the g35c doesn't come in 6 speed unless you get the 35 thousand dollar one... the cheaper ones are in auto. until march i think...
Old 11-18-2002, 06:47 PM
Chris S

First, that was about the dumbest test I've ever read in C&D. Not saying the S2000 should have won, but they must have been on crack to put the Rustang ahead of it.

To say the 350Z outhandles the S2000 in every way really shows a lot of ignorance. IMO, the S2000's handling is much more potent in the hands of an experienced driver due to it's neutrality, agility, and the ease w/ which the chassis balance can be altered w/ the throttle. The 350Z Track I drove handled great as well, but had a more "mature" feeling...it's def. tuned for more forgiving handling, but I prefer the S2000's handling overall.

Shift_Speed, don't buy the S2000 just b/c you can't handle waiting a couple more months. If it's the car for your, great, but you'll regret it if you settle for it out of impatience for your 350Z to come in.

I love my S2000, but look forward to the day when I trade it for a 350Z, mainly to try a different experience.

Originally posted by myz350
read the latest issue of Car and Driver, they compared between s2000, audi tt, mustang marh 1 and the 350Z, the conclusion was in that order from 4th place to 1st, 350Z being the 1st. It out handles the s2000 in every way. I almost bought a s2000 last year, I'm glad that I waited for the 350Z, it's a much better car for the same price(in canada that is).
Old 11-18-2002, 07:40 PM
Shift_Speed

thanks for the tip ... i am meeting this guy tommorrow to see what he offers... since i got my z for under 31 i will not go higher then 32,500 for the s2k...
Old 11-18-2002, 08:33 PM
commasense

Default I agree with Todd

I was just about to buy an S2000 in May, but decided to wait several months for the 350Z, and am very gald I did. In spring I test drove a dealer's Stook and had a little more time in my neighbor's a few weeks later. And as it happens, I drove a friend's S2000 just yesterday.

The S2000 is much more cramped and tight fitting than the Z. Although the seat is comfortable, my legs were pressed hard against the door and the central tunnel. Consider how that may feel on long drives. (The Stook also has less storage space than the Z.)

But the main problem is the torque. The car just doesn't have any power before the VTEC kicks in at about 7000. Try to do a fast start from a dead stop, and it takes about a week to hit 60. The low 0-60 times posted for the car can only have been achieved by dumping the clutch at 7K. Keep doing that and you won't have a clutch for long.

Chris S and others are right when they praise the Stook's handling and say that a great driver can do great things with the car. But I don't think I'm a great driver. Although it might have been interesting to take on the challenge of the S2000, I think I'll have more fun in the Z, sooner. I think the car will make it easier for me to go fast on the track. (My decision was based almost entirely on my expectations for track performance. If you're not going to the track, the last two paragraphs are much less relevant.)

Finally, in the looks department the Z has it all over the S2000. I like the looks of the Stook, but let's face it, it's just another roadster and looks a lot like the Miata (which I own!), the BMW Z3, the Boxster, and even the MR2. The 350Z's looks really stand out, especially if you choose the best color, Lemans Sunset.

My 2 cents.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:51 AM
myz350

To say the 350Z outhandles the S2000 in every way really shows a lot of ignorance. IMO, the S2000's handling is much more potent in the hands of an experienced driver due to it's neutrality, agility, and the ease w/ which the chassis balance can be altered w/ the throttle. The 350Z Track I drove handled great as well, but had a more "mature" feeling...it's def. tuned for more forgiving handling, but I prefer the S2000's handling overall.
just because you have a preferance in the way S2000 handles, others can not have a preferance in the way 350Z handles? Thus if they don't agree with you they are ignorant? When you say S2000 is more potent in the hands of an experienced driver, I take it that you are flattering your self, but how would the 350Z handle if it was in the hands of an EXPERIENCED driver, not you Chris S, since you don't even have a 350Z. Having only driven it for a couple of times does not qualify you to judge how well the 350Z performs and handles. Why don't you get a 350Z and drive it for a couple of years like you did for the S2000, and we'll see who is ignorant!

like I posted earlier, I like the S2000, but if anyone is looking to compare the two car, all they have to do is test drive both of them, they would be able to determine which car they want. Don't just test drive the S2000 and not test drive the 350Z!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Shift_Speed

about to test drive the s2000 later today.... is the lack of torque really that bad... i mean the car has 9 grand to go in every gear to make up for it right? i kno people launch at 7 grand to get the 0-60 numbers at 6 ..... i don't plan on doing that .... i like to have a clutch for at least a month.... and another thing is i know the 350z is faster and looks NICE AS HELL... but for speed wise ... there are many aftermarket parts now for the s2k... i dunno... we'll see after the test drive....
Old 11-19-2002, 08:10 AM
ares
Veteran

yeah 9grand... thats a nice thing on the track, but try to think how often during city driving you want to floor it to redline. itll get a tad noisy, the stereo isnt gonna cover it up. a lack of torque is an unfair statement. I think itd be better to say a lack of low end torque.

and there are aftermarket parts, but the Z already has more stuff definitly coming out than the S2000 has. there is only one supercharger for the S2000 that I know of, while the Z has 2 or 3, and a TT coming. multiple exhausts and intakes.... ect.

is this a weekend car or a daily driver?

Quick Reply: Damn