Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 07:43 PM
DelaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

I bought my 350z 03 track used from a private owner a week ago with a clean car fax tittle. Well today I went to nissan to have them replace the front tires they turn around and tell me that my z is salvage according to thier data base. I asked them to show me where he found it and he pulled up a screen on his computer and it showed (salvage- warranty cancelled). I called NNA and asked them if they can verify it. Well NNA looked it up and found no Salvage tittle for my vehicle. But they went and checked if I still had warranty and what they found was this -Salvage warranty cancelled. WTF! Carfax said that it has a clear tittle. Anyways I asked the NNA rep If they have any reports on this and if they can show me what has been done with it. NNA told me to call the DMV's that the 350 has been previously registered. NNA also said that they have no info regarding why it states salvage. Anyone know if it's computer error or is my car really a Salvage even tho I have a clean carfax report?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:50 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

How well do you trust the owner?. Have a professional check the car for overspray and internal damage just in case. If you got a deal too good to be true then threre's a good chance it might be. If there is a problem with the car hopefully you can sue that slime bag that sold it to you.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:52 PM
boldenmd

A clean carfax report doesn't mean that there isn't something hinky with your car. Issues can slip through quite easily (one of the reasons I don't trust used cars). NNA is right, though. The registration should show that there is a salvage title, so check with the DMV. I'd be looking up that private owner mighty fast.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:05 PM
DelaZ

Thanks guys. I am going to call the owner today to try and get my money back. I also did the Carfax Buy back Garuntee. I just need to get some sort of document that shows that it is salvage. Does anybody know that if I go to My local DMV will they be able to pull up a report from out of state DMV's?