Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Frustrated with Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 06:01 PM
CaneZMD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Frustrated with Nissan

Sorry guys, I'm just a little pissed off right now and I have to vent. I love the car, I like my dealer, the antenna is ok and 287 hp would be just fine with me, but what I can't stand is Nissan's consumer affairs division.
I just called to ask about our gift/info packet that is supposed to get here before the 3rd and I got the most uninformed rep possible. I might as well have called Ford consumer affairs. She even put me on hold to check, then came back and said that Nissan had no new information and that there were no new mailers or anything being sent out in the near future. I then asked her why everyone else was saying that a packet was coming and she said that she didn't know, but that any new information would come through her office.
Sorry for the long post, but it's pretty ridiculous that most of us know far more about the car than many of the Nissan reps.
Has anyone else had any better luck in getting info on the next packet?
Old 06-20-2002, 06:38 PM
c350z

JmanZ what are those two guesses you've heard?
Old 06-20-2002, 06:41 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Cane:

I feel your pain. Throughout the buying process, I've been adamant about making sure I get all mailings, etc, that I'm entitled to, since I want to have a complete history of my car to enjoy years from now.
After not getting the first mailing, I asked my dealership about it, and they knew nothing about it (I thought the dealership was responsible for mailing them out.) Called NNA customer service, and they knew nothing about it. Got a call from NNA marketing, and they told me an outside house was handling the mailings, and that there were a few gaps in the system. I was happy with the help I received from their marketing department, and they made sure I received the mailing.

It would appear to me that the lines of communication within Nissan are a little broken (intentionally, or unintentionally). My dealership admits to being the last to find out things from NNA, and usually hears things first from me after I read them on the web.

I wouldn't put much stock in NNA customer service knowing anything about the July 3rd mailing. With all the smoke & mirrors that's surrounded the whole communications channel between Nissan and their buyers, I'd say be glad to get anything at all on July 3rd.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:17 PM
LowFuel

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think in Nissan's mind this mailing (or whatever it is), is supposed to be a surprise. Once again we've taken a web rumor (technically all it is at the moment) and turned it into an expected reality (as CaneZMD said "our gift/info packet that is supposed to get here"). Granted its been substantiated by quite a few people, but Nissan has not officially said anything about it right? So I really dont think you should expect some joe-phone-operator to know anything about it either.
Personally I dont expect jack squat from Nissan in the mail before July 3rd, but I will be thrilled if I do happen to get something. If everyone BUT ME gets something, then I can see calling Consumer Affairs and complaining...

Again, I'm basing all this on my assumption that there's been no official notice from Nissan to expect a gift in the mail (Zisme posting about it on a forum is NOT OFFICIAL). If Im wrong about that, please disregard this post.

Patience is a virtue...
Old 06-20-2002, 07:37 PM
rep15

Interesting perspective, Lowfuel. If this mailing is to be a surprise to pre-orderers then we have spoiled it with only ourselves to blame. How many folks monitor this or the other web site? 500 max? That means that there are about 6000 people who pre-ordered that will be thrilled/amazed/thankful to Nissan for gifting them and giving official stats (if they actually do). As amazing as it sounds, not everyone uses the internet and not everyone knows about or cares about these forums and not everyone is as paranoid as we are here.

(edit sp)

Last edited by rep15; 06-20-2002 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:41 PM
LowFuel

Exactly...
Old 06-20-2002, 08:30 PM
Zbart
Charter Member #95

I say let's leave them all alone to do their jobs. I know it's hard to do because of all the excitement; however, we should all have expected some of these issues when we all pre-ordered.

Some of us are starting to sound like kids on a long road trip asking, "Are we there yet?"
Old 06-20-2002, 09:10 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by JmanZ

I will post the <b>second</b> I am allowed to regarding what's coming etc. In all honesty, I don't know either. I have heard two ideas that keep popping up, but heck, they're as qualifed as two guesses that multiple people have had. No clue if they're the real deal.

-j-
JMAN, I feel like you have gone over to the dark side. When you started this forum, you were one of us, posting speculations, hopes and theories about the new Z -- you did not wait until you were "allowed" to post. But once Nissan coopted you by treating you like one of the press, you have stopped giving us information. Now, I agree, if someone tells you something in confidence and only with your promise that you won't post it, it would be unethical for you to post it. (Of course, on the other hand, I don't know why someone would tell the owner of a Z website something about the Z, if they didn't want it posted.) BUT it is ridiculous for you to be unwilling to post someone's guesses about what we are getting mailed BECAUSE THEY MIGHT BE RIGHT. How could it possibly violate any duty you have to Nissan not to disclose, if you learned something from a non-nissan source? Like I said, IHMO Nissan has coopted this website and made it less the free exchange of ideas by them giving you access to their press kits.

Last edited by robbyn; 06-20-2002 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:40 PM
LowFuel

My personal opinion, but Robbyn I have to disagree in some respects. This is not an objective news site about the Z, it's basically a club. And since we're a club I think it's VERY important that we have a great relationship with Nissan rather than constantly foiling their plans.

What JMan has done is try to solidify our relationship with Nissan so that we have a great future with them. Why bother totally alienating ourselves with them by posting figures that Nissan will release in a few days anyway, when instead we can get on their good side and hopefully have years of Nissan sponsored events and other perks to look forward to.

We all need to stop being so impatient and short-sighted when it comes to this car. There's years of great driving to look forward to!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:46 PM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

My comment on all the speculation, compaints, lack of knowledge ect... is in 6 monthes from now will it have mattered? I know for me it won't matter if I knew I was getting something in the mail 1 week from today or if Nissan told me what it was. In 6 monthes I'll be driving my Z down the road with a smile on my face not remember anything that happened today, tomorrow, or even next week.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:49 PM
ZBarrister

Those of us who ordered many months ago are getting anxious. The closer the time comes the worse it is going to get. Now it's about the final stats. After that information is out and chewed on it's going to be about delivery dates.

It will get better. As LS350Z said, once we get the cars on the road, it won't matter.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:41 PM
Todd

I think everyone needs to chill out here. You knew full well it would be months of waiting for this car and Nissan is under no obligation to mail you anything, but it's nice and smart that they are. I'm sure they'll get the packet to us as soon as they are ready.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:55 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

I post things as I get them, but ONLY if I know the source to be trustworthy or I get the same thing from multiple sources. I haven't had anything in the past few days that hasn't been said already before though, sorry. . . .

When a major car company calls you at your home and asks you to play ball by not spilling the beans, then details WHY this is important and what is at stake, believe me, you listen. I am not about to anger a company with lawyers that could have this site shut down in a blink of an eye if they chose to. Nope, not this cowboy.

Jay

Thx for the response Jay, just a couple of comments. Regarding posting things as you get them "but only if ... the source . . .[is] trustworthy . . . or multiple sources," I certainly agree that that is the best way to get accurate information, but on the other hand, we would have had almost no info for the last six months if rumors and speculation had not been passed along. It seems to me there is nothing wrong with passing rumors along....AS LONG AS THE INFO IS IDENTIFIED AS JUST RUMOR.

As regards lawyers, they are no fun -- believe me I know, I am one. No matter how baseless a lawsuit is, it costs time and most of all MONEY to defend and I certainly appreciate why you would want to stay as far away from a lawsuit as possible. Its funny even though I am a lawyer, I didn't even think about the possibility that Nissan might try to shut this site down. I can see where personal phone calls would make you extra cautious.

Glad to see you have not surrendered to the dark side, and this is a FANTASTIC site, BTW.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:16 AM
flyzmd80

Robbyn...

I can assure you, I'm not one with the dark side.

I am just choosing my words wisely because I have been asked to. When I started this site, it wasn't to be a thorn in the side of Nissan. I love Nissan. I love the Z and certainely, the 350Z. I have posted notes from my contacts when I get them, like the one regarding production for example. Nissan didn't give me the go'ahead on that and the people I spoke with that are "in the know" go against what I said 150%. Yet, my source told me otherwise so I posted. If I was a bad guy, haha, I'd have not posted anything.

I post things as I get them, but ONLY if I know the source to be trustworthy or I get the same thing from multiple sources. I haven't had anything in the past few days that hasn't been said already before though, sorry.

I will post when I know more stuff, count on it. In regards to the press kit, I have had questions about it and I stated I wouldn't comment on those quesses because I simply do not know the answer. Want me to say one is right or wrong? I can, but I won't be any more correct than you.

When a major car company calls you at your home and asks you to play ball by not spilling the beans, then details WHY this is important and what is at stake, believe me, you listen. I am not about to anger a company with lawyers that could have this site shut down in a blink of an eye if they chose to. Nope, not this cowboy.

I'm in a tough position here, no question, but it'll all be over soon enough. Then I can start to tell you about the rumors I have heard regarding an enhanced 350Z (engine wise) and the upcoming spyder.

Sorry you feel I'm with them.

Jay

Just one question J. Are we going to be blown away by the "package" we're supposed to get?

Bob Z
Old 06-21-2002, 12:46 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Originally posted by Zbart
I say let's leave them all alone to do their jobs. I know it's hard to do because of all the excitement; however, we should all have expected some of these issues when we all pre-ordered.

Some of us are starting to sound like kids on a long road trip asking, "Are we there yet?"
No way. It's totally inexcuseable that Nissan didn't cover 100% of their pre-order buyers and show the same level of detail to them all. The process of notifying 6000 people via US mail is not rocket science, and with a purchase as significant as this, they should take the extra time to ensure that everyone's buying experience is as good as everyone else's (crummy dealerships excluded.)

I, for one, am getting a bit sick and tired of the Illuminati running around dropping hints about this and that, and then not being able to say anything. For those of you from the NY/NJ area, it reminds me of how Mike & the Mad Dog used to tell their weekly stories of, "I had dinner with Coach Parcells, and I can't tell you what his plans are for the Jets this year, but just you wait and see." And then the Jets went nowhere that year.

I'm not saying people aren't entitled to know things beforehand, but the endless strings of riddles is getting a bit stale.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:18 AM
principe

Hey JmanZ

Do you whether or not the "token" will also be givento the Canadian customers?? You mentioned specically those that received confirmation letters... what about those that paid but haven't yet received any confirmation?

Sorry about the questions just no one else seems to know anything about this!

Thx.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:47 AM
CaneZMD

Wow, I didn't expect this much of a response. I admit that I am not a patient person, and having ordered in February, my patience is all gone. I just believed nissan when they said that they would have an "ongoing dialogue" with their preorder customers. So far I've had to call repeatedly to even get a first confirmation when those who ordered months after me were posting copies of their confirmations on the net. That's why I called today, to make sure that I would get my packet along with everyone else. (Assuming everyone "in the know" is right and we are getting a packet)
I agree, though, that in 2 or 3 months (hopefully!!) none of this will matter. I just can't wait anymore, I need information. I've been waiting to buy a Z since I got my 240sx in high school. Well, I guess I'll just go back and keep myself occupied with HALO or Project Gotham.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:53 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

We are certainly a strange and lively group. I will admit to being very anxious after ordering my car. The anxiety centered in 2 areas:
1) Will I like the car?
2) Did my dealer order it?

This board has completely alliviated both of those concerns.

1) All of the great pictures and enthusiastic comments from everyone who even came close to a production Z make me sure I made a GREAT decision.
2) The confirmation I got from Nissan, after following the advice given here, tells me that the bozos I ordered from didn't drop the ball - and Nissan knows I ordered it, so the same bozos can't steal it.

I am at peace. None of the rest of the bickering here interests me.

Jay,

Can you have a forum for driving impressions and pictures and one for bickering? I only need the address of the first.

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Nissan