Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does nissan only hire parts guys with a 6th grade education?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Does nissan only hire parts guys with a 6th grade education?

Besides performance nissan of course! Start RANT:

Yesterday was one of my worst days at work and to top it off, Cerritos Nissan did a crappy job helping me buy a simple part that they actually had in stock!

It all started when I called Andy and Jason @ Performance Nissan for the weather stripping that goes around the back window. Andy stated that it was not in stock and that they would have to order it. I decided to look around since I needed the part asap. I then proceeded by calling a Nissan dealership in Torrance, CA. The representative there was very helpful and was able to locate three in stock at Cerritos Nissan. This is where the horror starts.

I call Cerritos Nissan and speak to Marcos. I ask him if he had the weather stripping in stock for the 350z and gave him the actual part number to make it easier for him. He "looks" on the computer and states, "we don't have it in stock." I then replied with a lie, "Well, my friend works for Nissan and he told me that you guys have 3 in stock." Marcos then puts me on hold for 10 minutes and jumps back on the phone..."Yes, we do have it in stock." I was ecstatic, but then asked him how much they charged for it since list is $94.05 (Could get it for $65 through a hook-up). He states, "$94.05." I then tell him that the price was fine and that I would swing by at lunch time to go pick-it up and to have the part on hold for me ready to go. He says, "I will have it ready"

Lunch time rolls around and I am excited as hell to get the part I need and of course with my sheer luck. The Cerritos Auto Square had a power outage and every dealership and stoplight had no power. I go inside to the parts department hoping that I could still purchase this with cash. Marcos of course is not there and the guy at the parts counter had no clue what I was talking about and had nothing on hold for me. He stated that he would have been able to sell the part to me cash, however he could not look up the part number I had on hand and that nothing was on hold for me! WTF! So I am furious, but at that time I realized that it was not their fault that the power went out.

So after wasting my lunch time a few hours pass and I give Cerritos Nissan a call once again. I speak to a gentleman by the name of Gilbert this time, he stated that Marcos was not available and that he would help me. I give him the same exact part number to set aside for me. He stated that he had it and that it would be set aside for me. So, I give my friend a call to go pick-up the part for me. About 30 minutes later my friend calls me and tells me that Gilbert was nowhere to be found and that the parts guy had nothing on hold and that he could not find it after 20 minutes of searching. At this point I was ready to march my nitrous bottle over there and beat one of them on the head with it I advise my friend to go home and apologize for Nissan's stupidity. I needed this part badly, so I called them once again and gave them a minor *** chewing. Spoke to Marcos again who helped me the first time and told him what had happended at my lunch visit as well as my friend's. He apologizes and reassured me that they did have the part in stock and that he was holding it in his own hands earlier in the day. I told him to make sure that he had it and to put it aside this time to make sure it was there for me when I came to pick it up after work. He stated that he would look for it and to give him a call back in 30 minutes. Well, I decided to wait exactly 30 minutes before giving him a call back and guess what? Gilbert picks up the phone and states that Marcos had already gone home for the day!!!!

At this point I was pretty pissed. So I told Gilbert to make sure that he got my damn part ready for me and that it better be ready when I arrived. He stated that he would have it ready for me and that the part would cost me $100!!! I was like, "WTF? Marcos told me $94.05, which is list! I know that these damn things can be sold for $65, so you better give me a discount or I won't even buy it. I'm just about over it." He then apologizes for his mistake and then tells me..."okay, how about $74 then for your troubles?" I needed the part, so I said, "Deal! I'll be there in a few minutes, will you be there?" He states, "yes I will be hear for another 20 minutes"

So I leave my work early to go get this thing half happy and half nervous since they have been pulling my friggin' chain all damn day. I roll into the dealership and ask for Gilbert. Of course, surprise...surprise! He already went home for the day! I then ask, "did he leave a part aside for Rick?" The parts guy takes about 5 minutes and then brings out the weather stripping! I am thinking.....(Yes! Finally! It is over!). While he is bringing it out, he says "It may be damaged." I was royally pissed at this point and told him to let me see the part. I then state, "it looks fine to me" and then he goes..."hmmm, you are probably right. I am probably wrong...anyways that is going to be $94.05." I blew my top and told him, "Gilbert told me $74 for all of the $hit I went through today with you guys and if you do one more thing to **** me off...seriously I am going to lose it." He of course finally gave it to me for $74 after looking on the computer for a few minutes to check pricing.

Well, I finally have it, but wtf is up with these damn idiots behind the parts counters? How hard is it to follow instructions and to do your damn job! END RANT
Old 03-30-2005, 02:09 PM
xxlbeerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually would have just not bought the parts from them after part one or part 2.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Sensation350Z

how is HE the problem???
Old 03-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man you have a lot of patience. I would've beat somebody with that NOS bottle after your lunchtime episode.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

glad to hear you got the part non-the-less. can't wait to see that CF hatch
Rick's a good guy, not pushy at all.

oh well, a horror story with a good ending.....
Old 03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Hahaha. Just spoke to the Manager of their parts deparment John Meyer. Guess what? He's an azzhole too!

I told him exactly what had happened and he "apologizes" and stated that he doesn't allow his guys to hold parts for people unless they are willing to pay with a credit card over the phone. I then replied, "Well why didn't they just say so? I was more than willing to pay if they just had mentioned it! Obviously, I was serious about buying the part if I dealt with this mess the whole damn day" He then stated, well they probably should have mentioned, but I will have to see what happened yesterday.

I then proceeded to give my guys at Performance props, by stating that I always go to them first for parts and only went to Cerritos Nissan because they had the part in stock. John Meyer then blows and says, "Well we are the largest dealership in the nation and we blow those guys away in parts sales!" I then replied, "well guess what, the service I received yesterday definitely did not convince me that you are the best dealership and I will continue to bring my business to Performance Nissan as long as they take care of me. Actually, as a matter of fact I was referred to your fleet manager for my car purchase by a co-worker, but ended up buying elsewhere since he tried to rip me off royally for a lease! Anyways, I just wanted to bring this to your attention since it is your department and I would like to prevent this from happening to anyone else in the future." Nonetheless, John was not very helpful and had a very arrogant tone and pretty much blew me off!

CERRITOS NISSAN

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-30-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Sensation350Z

hahaha you told him
Old 03-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Neo105

WTH Is a weather stripping?
Old 03-31-2005, 12:15 AM
FLZ

What's up RD? Are you kidding, at my dealer's parts department it took all 3 guys there to find me a bottle of touch-up paint.....Real confident with them in my State.....Dave
Old 03-31-2005, 04:23 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Good story -

If you want to have some fun, call a chevy a dealership and ask them what the stock wheel offset is on the chevy car of your choice.

Buddies G-Friend had a 2002 cavavlier coupe that we needed to know the wheel offset as we were looking for some replacements. We called 3 local dealerships and not one even had a clue as to what we were talking about. They claimed they never heard of a wheel offset before.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:23 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Neo105
WTH Is a weather stripping?
Hehe. The rubber molding that goes around the back window
Old 03-31-2005, 08:24 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by FLZ
What's up RD? Are you kidding, at my dealer's parts department it took all 3 guys there to find me a bottle of touch-up paint.....Real confident with them in my State.....Dave
Nothing much man. Just waiting to call the general manager today since the Parts manager pissed me off.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:39 AM
MonkeyBoy

I wonder if asking for blinker fluid would throw them off a bit?
Old 03-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

blinker fluid, we've got that in stoc............hey wait a minute!! hahahaha
Old 03-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Risk

If you want a REAL adventure, start asking your average parts guy about NISMO parts.

They usually know that parts by the name of NISMO exist (thats a good start), but usually DONT know......what they are, who makes them, ANYTHING having to do with modding a Z (I once had a parts guy present me with a sentra header while having a goofy look on his face), warranty differences between s-tune and r-tune and the list goes on. They all have this cheesball little glossy booklet that they refer to which gives absolutely NO technical info on anything.

Here is my real rant with this:

I am a life insurance agent, which means that I know 99% of what there is to know about life, health, LTC, annuities..ect. You see, this is my job, its what puts food on my table and allows me to drive a nice car like the Z. I would like to think that if I was a parts guy professionally, well, I'd better know the ins and outs of parts...sigh.

I feel better

Last edited by Risk; 03-31-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Risk
If you want a REAL adventure, start asking your average parts guy about NISMO parts.

They usually know that parts by the name of NISMO exist (thats a good start), but usually DONT know......what they are, who makes them, ANYTHING having to do with modding a Z (I once had a parts guy present me with a sentra header while having a goofy look on his face), warranty differences between s-tune and r-tune and the list goes on. They all have this cheesball little glossy booklet that they refer to which gives absolutely NO technical info on anything.
NO kidding, I drove 30 miles and spent three hours of my day at Jerry's Nissan only to have them put on the wrong spoiler!! I wanted the Nismo one!! I read the guy the part number 4 times and even gave him a piece of paper with the number on it!! And he said he knew which one I was talking about!! The guy comes and gets me and goes on and on about how good my car looks and I'm all hyped up and I come out and... Its the wrong d@mn spoiler I just wanted to !!I just wanted to fall out on the foor and have a fit!! In the end I kept the factory one. They always screw up everytime I go over there...but I must say I am getting a nice collection of free car wash tokens!!

Originally Posted by Risk
Here is my real rant with this:

I am a life insurance agent, which means that I know 99% of what there is to know about life, health, LTC, annuities..ect. You see, this is my job, its what puts food on my table and allows me to drive a nice car like the Z. I would like to think that if I was a parts guy professionally, well, I'd better know the ins and outs of parts...sigh.

I feel better
Do you need a hug?
Old 03-31-2005, 03:09 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Good job man, you have lots of patience. I would've went off screaming and yelling and threatening his mother after your friend went in and they didn't have it. But you kept your cool and got the part you need for a good price, congrats man.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI - If we dont have a Factory OEM Part in stock and you really need it. We can have it here the next day MOST OF THE TIME for an extra 10%.

Example. List price on the part $95, Your price with the 25% discount on OEM Parts would be $71.25, If it isnt in stock I can have it the next day for customer pick up or to ship to customer for 10% more making it $78.38. Still less then the full list price.

This is a FYI... This is not done automatically but can be requested... This works out best for customers Local to us...

We try to keep everything in stock that is needed but on these case's where we dont have somethign in stock. We will gladly do this for you.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:37 AM
ztropic

I totally feel for ya!! It seems like good, hell...half decent, help is impossible to find. I went to three tire shops to have new tires mounted on my 19's and every single one of the shops scratched the lips on my rims. Most recently I went to a local Nissan dealership and sat for about 30 min with the tech explaining the ordeal I just had with all my other shops and how they ruined my wheels. I told him about the utter misery of refinishing a wheel, the time and money involved, and above all my absolute lack of patience I would have if it were to happen yet again. He was a very understanding guy that seemed genuinely concerned about my concerns. I left feeling reassured, but got a phone call shortly saying they had a 50/50 result with the wheels!!! One rear tire went on fine, the other "not really". Of course, they scratched the **** out of one of the lips.......naturally, I then lost my ****. All the customers cleared out of the area as I came unglued!!! I was dropping F-bombs and pacing like a mad man....although I am not proud of my behavior, something primal came out from me. I had enough of the idiots, enough of the incompetence, and enough of the stupid excuses that came with the dumb looks on their faces. No wonder businesses are suffering from low profitability and customer dissatisfaction. I went to three seperate shops to perform a meager task such as mounting some tires and all three failed. Wow, I feel confident that we can run this country properly now!!! The entire economic food chain suffers dramatically when these bottom feeders **** up!!