2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New to this site

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 04:09 AM
Bostonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New to this site

Hello all,

I just like to introduce my self to this forum. I have been viewing this forum for a couple of weeks now and finally have decided to post. I have found this 350Z forum to be the best one around, to get info on the 350z, advice , feedback, links to aftermarket parts and good stories. I do not own a 350z yet, I did own a 86 300zx and a 92 TT300zx. I do not own either of them now. I have been without one since 93 and I am ready for a new one. I am not sure if I am going to get a 2003 or a 2004. I have been tempted to go down to the dealership and order one, but I just got married and we are trying to buy a house, so I can not justify buying a $35,000 car and live in a one bedroom apartment. I should be in a house in 4-5 months. I plan on buy a black Touring w/ navigation. That could all change when I see a pic of the convertible. Well that is it and hope to get a lot of feedback about some questions that might come up, especially aftermarket parts and make some friends in the meantime. If anyone has any suggestions or advice please post them, thanks. Have a good day.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:56 AM
rai

I hear you. It's best to wait until after you buy a house because when getting a loan the banks look at all the other things you owe on. So even if you have a reasonable monthly payment they will still see you as being negative $30K (for example) for the car loan.

Also it is a good idea to save up as much cash as possible before you buy a house. You don't have to put it all down on the house but the banks look at your savings to see if you can afford the mortgage.

Next you want to be in a position to buy the most expencive house you can afford. You don't have to but the most expencive house you can afford, but at leas you can be in a position to look at those houses and you have more options and you may find your dream house because you have a little higher budget.

You may find different opinions but to me it is easier or smarter to buy the best house you can afford if it means you will not have to look for another house a few years later because you need more room.

If you have a lot of money or if you plan on changing houses in a few years anyway than the above advice does not apply to your situation.

Remember if this is your first house you don't have any idea the extra costs that come with a house. : Mortgage, utitlites, tax, maintanence, insurance, repair and remodeling and furnishing a house. My advice is buy a house and see where you are and than buy a car. This is the smart way to do it it is called delayed gratification.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:00 AM
Carterattorney

Welcome to the site.. Priorities.. Priorities.. I really could not buy this car until my kids were almost in College!!??!! But timeing is everything.. With a young family.. you'll need and WANT the extra seats and doors.. Maybe you could get with a friend and ride in one occasionally..
Attached Thumbnails New to this site-thumbsupcar.jpg  
Old 11-21-2002, 06:04 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Hey, I'm right there with you. I actually just bought a house with my fiance two weeks ago. Now we're in the process of getting it ready to move into.

Rai's right. If this is your first house, then definitely save everything you can for it! We, fortunately don't have a ton of work to do, but it's enough to dig into our pockets a bit. That's why I planned my order around all that! I'm expecting mine around April, so that gives me plenty of time to save up for the down payment. (Patience is not one of my virtues.)

But here's one point I disagree with Rai. Don't look at the most expensive house you can buy. Do you really want to worry about how you're going to pay for the house if something unexpected comes up? Not that it will, but it's always a good idea to have some cushion when it comes to making the largest purhcase you'll ever make in your life.

Sorry, the finance wiz has gotten away from me again. I'll just leave you with...

Welcome, and Good Luck!
Old 11-21-2002, 06:29 AM
rai

It's hard to say about buying the most expencive house you can afford. I don't mean buy a house that takes every last dime.

In my position my salary was low for a few years but every year it went up and up. So if I bought a house based on my salary four years ago I might be looking to move now. The way it worked out I can now afford a much more expencive house than the one I bought but since I bouhgt the largest house I could I don't feel the need to move up.

look at your particular situation to see how much you will be making in a few years down the road. I realise that this is not easy, people that had very nice jobs at Enron or Worldcom four years ago could be broke today.

There might be some type of formula that to tell you what percentage of your income to set aside for your house. For example if you make $72K a year after taxes that's $6K a month. some experts might say it's OK to spend $2K for a mortgage so you can find the house that fits in that range. I am just making those numbers up.

There is a book called Home Buying for dummies that is worth a look if you want to find out all the in's and out's of home buying.

Make sure you get a garage in the house. The more the better at least 2 car garage but 3 or 4 is better. Not just for cars but kids bikes lawn mowers etc...

Last edited by rai; 11-21-2002 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:53 AM
Bostonian

Default I'm should be in good shape

I have 70k in the bank and I just waiting for that perfect house to come up. We make good money and there will be no problem affording the Z. I just want to know that my monthly payments will be and then go out and by it. We should have it paid off in a year and a half. Then it is all mind. I will be 28 and the wife will want kids and should be able to afford the family SUV for her.The Z will only be a 4 month a year car, since I live in Boston. But I have pretty tempted to go down to the dealership and buy on ecash, but the wife would kill me. can't wait much longer.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:08 AM
rai

You're all set. It's winter now so no point getting the Z and having to park it for 4 months. Also like you say the convertible may be out soon so you can check that out as well. maybe some running improvements will find their way into production.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:17 AM
ToddLuc

Default Re: New to this site

Originally posted by Bostonian
I just like to introduce my self to this forum...
Welcome to the forum. I hope everyone here makes you feel welcome.

I feel the quality of people here is wonderful. I, personally, have had many people help me through difficult times waiting for my Z. I hope you feel as welcomed.

Todd