2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Have you ever ran?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
Suddenly my adrenalin kicks in and I speed up and I start zipping in and out of lanes!!
You were already doing almost 15+ MPH over the limit and you were zipping in and out of lanes. That means you were avoiding traffic, because you wouldn't be "zipping in and out" of lanes if you weren't. This is a dangerous situation in any condition. And you didn't "have control" of the situation, because if you did you wouldn't be speeding in the first place.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, this was immature, especially to do it on the highway.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
WhiteZed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha i think that story is funny,

i mean if the cops are on the other side of the road, what are the chances they would catch you. .....

i have thought about this before , i mean it isnt as if you held up a store and then you run from the cops..

like if you saw the cops doing a U turn to give chase, so what if you went down a few side streets and tryed to lose them, i mean there is more chance you would get let off if they caught you..

how can they prove you sped up to get away when they are all they way behind you on the other side of the road, they still have to find a way to get onto your lane, then catch up

no officer i didnt see you all the way back there ??

so its a little differant, yeah it was still dangerous.. but they didnt catch you
Old 04-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Armitage
You were already doing almost 15+ MPH over the limit and you were zipping in and out of lanes. That means you were avoiding traffic, because you wouldn't be "zipping in and out" of lanes if you weren't. This is a dangerous situation in any condition. And you didn't "have control" of the situation, because if you did you wouldn't be speeding in the first place.
I slowed down when I saw the police and then I sped back up, I only had to pass 3 cars zip right left right and I didn't do it in split second it was like 30 second in one lane 15 in the other then 5 miles in the last one. Calm down I chose to speed! So I was "controled speeding"
Old 04-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
I agree, this was immature, especially to do it on the highway.
Where do you want me to speed? On a city street with traffic and more people to indanger? There was hardly anyone on the road that day...they were all at Texas Motorspeedway! And you are right it was a little immature but I mean come on I didn't want a ticket, couldn't afford one after buying the new shoes and I'm Black...I might have gotten Rodney King-ed!! Eventhough I did say if I got pulled over again that I was going to ask the cop if he could smack me around a little and let me go, just didn't feels like it that day!!
Old 04-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Where do you want me to speed? On a city street with traffic and more people to indanger? There was hardly anyone on the road that day...they were all at Texas Motorspeedway! And you are right it was a little immature but I mean come on I didn't want a ticket, couldn't afford one after buying the new shoes and I'm Black...I might have gotten Rodney King-ed!! Eventhough I did say if I got pulled over again that I was going to ask the cop if he could smack me around a little and let me go, just didn't feels like it that day!!
LOL. The point is for you to not speed on public roads. However, it would have been more safe (disclaimer: I do not condone any speeding on public roads whatsoever) if you were on the street only speeding at ~50mph...high speeds + losing control = horrible results. It just wasn't mature/wise and you should realize that [something horrible could have happened, much worse than dying or getting a ticket].
Old 04-21-2005, 09:53 PM
zmespeed

i say we all just floor it when we see a cop he cant catch us all.. ahahahahahahahahah.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:59 PM
zmespeed

at zdays there should be some sort of high speed simulator so people can see how differently a car loses countrol at high speed. dam that momentum. it is possible to recover form basicly any slide or such lose of control the real challenge is to do it in the space alotted. high ways especialy will cars have very very little room so there is not so much catch me road when you mess up. same goes with dirt bikeing in the woods, those trees are dam close and ive seen about three people almost kill them selves on a tree. one even hit two trees in the same crash and fell off a 8ft cliff. ( he was trying to keep up with me.) but i think destiny was totaly in control of the situation. only risk i see here is that some other stupid driver might hit her, but im sure she could avoid the clossion and then flick them off.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by zmespeed
but i think destiny was totaly in control of the situation. only risk i see here is that some other stupid driver might hit her, but im sure she could avoid the clossion and then flick them off.
This highway is big, lot of room to move! I checked my mirrors and even used my signals, and once I was well out of sight I slowed down to the speed limit, I wasn't being careless! Thank you zmespeed for giving me a little credit! The other drivers were nice enough to help hide me, and once I slowed down they formed a cluster around me for farther pretection!!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:38 AM
joust75

I slowed down when I saw the police and then I sped back up, I only had to pass 3 cars zip right left right and I didn't do it in split second it was like 30 second in one lane 15 in the other then 5 miles in the last one. Calm down I chose to speed! So I was "controled speeding"
Dont listen to that guy. Total know-it-all nerd and an instigator to boot. He seems to like calling people out from the saftey of his desk.

I hate peole that like to act all holier than thou when they dont know what actually happened.

I want to start an 'I drove 20 MPH over the speed limit' thread and see how many self righteous indignant morons reply with negative comments.

Then I can just put them all on my ignore list and enjoy the forums alot more!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by joust75
Dont listen to that guy. Total know-it-all nerd and an instigator to boot. He seems to like calling people out from the saftey of his desk.

I hate peole that like to act all holier than thou when they dont know what actually happened.

I want to start an 'I drove 20 MPH over the speed limit' thread and see how many self righteous indignant morons reply with negative comments.

Then I can just put them all on my ignore list and enjoy the forums alot more!
What "guy" are you referring to...?
Old 04-22-2005, 08:39 AM
NOBI

techincally you dident really run from them in the felony sense of the term, if he had flipped his lights on and you had run, thats another story if you are in california thats strike one. however it seem you more evaded him so he never got a chance to turn his lights on. cool story though, ive run before too, but i dident do the dodge and weave like you did, he was on the other side and i had my detector on MUTE so i see him and im like "ooooh cops, haha i go to pat my passport and the damn thing is goint KA crazy (im doing about 90) the asshoel pops it into revers and does a burnout to go across the bridge so i just ran for the next ramp and exited then hid in a neighborhood... no weaving just exiting. =)
Old 04-22-2005, 10:32 AM
craniumdesigns

Originally Posted by RED HOT Z
all I can see are sirens in my rearview mirror.
last time i checked you can only HEAR sirens. you can SEE the lights. hehe. funny.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Destiny350Z

I had to use the weaving technique...if I exited I wasn't sure if I could find my way home...I would have to stop and ask a cop and he would be like hey you are the chick that was just running from me...cuff her!!
Old 04-22-2005, 05:38 PM
BostonZ

How many of you guys have "brake light kill switches"???
Old 04-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by BostonZ
where can I get one? (Not like it will help me in the daytime.)
Old 04-22-2005, 07:15 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

In Berkley Michigan I had a cop pull up next to me at a traffic light and ask me if I wanted to race.

I was driving a .060 bored-out 289 cid Mustang with 12.5/1 pistons, crane cam, and headers.

Raced him about 2 city blocks and beat him. I had to stop for a red......he kept going.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:53 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by BostonZ
ya this is something i want to look in to and licence plate lights would be cool to turn off to.

Originally Posted by jcn30127
In Berkley Michigan I had a cop pull up next to me at a traffic light and ask me if I wanted to race.

I was driving a .060 bored-out 289 cid Mustang with 12.5/1 pistons, crane cam, and headers.

Raced him about 2 city blocks and beat him. I had to stop for a red......he kept going.
wow that was a cool cop. once i had a cop compelment me on my dirt bike. ( i had been driving on the road and had pulled over to talk with a freind...also riding with me) he then said. "you know those things arnt supose to be on the road. even though they are F'n fun..(look on his face like he'd messed up)....well just were your helmet" . then he just drove off. i proably didnt get in trouble because he cussed . normaly you get in trouble for rideing on the road, but ever sence then i just drive off in too the dirt when i hear the sirens.

Last edited by zmespeed; 04-22-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:41 PM
NorCal350

I hid from a cop once out on the 280, he was sitting in a blocked off lane that was under construction. Saw him begin to pull out, I was doing like 90, i only kicked it up to 95 and then got off at the next exit, waited 2 minutes and then got back on, oh yeah, mines brand new with 20% tint on all windows (ilegal) and then no plates even though its new, reason enough to pull me over, and it was only like day 2 of my tint, cop would definatly be suspicious of me opening the door on a new car like that hehe
Old 04-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by NorCal350
I hid from a cop once out on the 280, he was sitting in a blocked off lane that was under construction. Saw him begin to pull out, I was doing like 90, i only kicked it up to 95 and then got off at the next exit, waited 2 minutes and then got back on, oh yeah, mines brand new with 20% tint on all windows (ilegal) and then no plates even though its new, reason enough to pull me over, and it was only like day 2 of my tint, cop would definatly be suspicious of me opening the door on a new car like that hehe
LOL the cop would have been like step out of the Z and no one gets hurt!!

Quick Reply: Have you ever ran?