2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

bumpy clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002 | 08:30 AM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

Default bumpy clutch?

Im not sure how to explain it, and I hesitate to even mention it since everyone will read this and think the Z has another problem...

but its not really a problem at all, but like when Im going into first with some power, you know raise the revs a little higher than needed, maybe 2000, and let out the cluth while giving it gas to keep the revs at 2000. you can feel the car pull pretty hard to match, you can feel and almost hear as tho the clutch isnt totally flat, like imagine what a warped rotor would feel like, and thats the feeling I get from the clutch.

it only shows when I am accelerating quickly, not like a slow pulling up to speed, but alot of pressure. I think its gotten better as I break the car in, maybe Im just breaking in the clutch.

anyone else feel this? is it normal? Ive never really driven a stickshift like this before, so I really have no clue. in no way does it hurt me, or performance. I dont care enough to bring it in, but I just figured Id ask those more knowledgable then me.
Old 11-22-2002 | 08:40 AM
WashUJon

Are you talking about a slight hesitation just after you engage the clutch or during clutch engagement? It might very well be a break-in issue. Have you done any hard clutch launches or slipping?
Old 11-22-2002 | 08:41 AM
mwaller

I notice it all the time when I drive with the stereo off. It's a sort of fast chunk-chunk-chunk sound that happens only when the clutch is parially engaged (slipping). Is that what you're talking about? Must be the design...
Mika