Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stolen Nismo Wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 11:56 AM
LunchMeatMonste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Nismo Wheels!

Thursday morning (4/14/05) I woke up to find my 350z sitting on 2 cinder blocks, all 4 Nismo wheels stolen. This happened in the Plantation, FL area (Ft Lauderdale).

If anyone gets word of someone trying to sell a set of silver Nismo's, please let me know! I had removed the Nismo decals from them some time ago, so they are BARE. The rears were wrapped in Nitto 555's, 275/40/18's, and the fronts had Hankook Ventus, 245/40/18's, all brand new. The valve stem caps were matching silver, with the black/red Nismo logo on the tops.

I've only seen two other 350z's in the South Florida area with the Nismo wheels and I know they are not very common down here at all. My avatar shows the wheels with the decals still on them.

I know I'll probably never see them again, but I'd rather get the word out than stay silent. I'm going to post this on every Z board I can.

Thanks for everyone's help,

A Sad Z owner

Lisa
Old 04-16-2005, 11:58 AM
zownz

Lisa sorry to hear that happen to you..im in Atl and i'll keep an eye out=)
Old 04-16-2005, 11:59 AM
xxlbeerZ

That sucks. Keep an eye out here and on eBay.

My guess is that they won't be for sale though, probably stolen for intended buyer.

You don't have an alarm? I would never have rims/stereo w/o alarm. Should get one when your insurance pays you.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:00 PM
kpiskin

I'd be looking on Ebay. Do they have serial numbers or any identification etched on them?
Old 04-16-2005, 12:05 PM
LunchMeatMonste

I only have the stock alarm (right now), which never went off... My bf's car was parked right next to mine, and his perimeter alarm never went off either (which is set extra sensitive). We've had a HUGE rash of car/wheel thefts down in this area in the last month, so I don't know what the heck is going on. I had just been telling him 2 days before that, about adding the wheel locks (that weren't installed by the dealer, although I requested them). Once the adjuster comes out on Monday to view the car, I already have a good alarm lined up to be installed ASAP, right after the new wheels. And etching the insides with a serial number is a good idea, don't know why I hadn't thought of doing that before. I'm sure if I had one though, they would only grind it out.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Conceyted

umm wheel locks? why would you spend 3 grand on rims and tires and blow off getting wheel locks. Sorry but this is your own fault if you didnt tell the dealer of their mistake, if you asked for it you should have made sure they put them on.
Either way, sorry for your loss. Just make sure you have some wheel locks and an alarm next time.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Lerxst

Originally Posted by Conceyted
umm wheel locks? why would you spend 3 grand on rims and tires and blow off getting wheel locks. Sorry but this is your own fault if you didnt tell the dealer of their mistake, if you asked for it you should have made sure they put them on.
Either way, sorry for your loss. Just make sure you have some wheel locks and an alarm next time.
Hmm... I'd think the thief would be more at fault for the loss. But you're right... wheel locks are a good idea for the next set.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:49 PM
lil ze

Looks like they have been jackin stuff by the looks of his previous sales. Some one needs to get this guy off the streets.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:55 PM
zedman

Holy crap!! Ppw350zunit, I think your totally right, how much of a dumb *** could this guy be. I would set up the sale for these wheels and tires, cash only(cause thiefs love cash) arrange for pick up, grab a few really scary dudes with bad attitudes and see what happens. I would never condone such violent and vigilante behavior.....YEAH RIGHT! Oh yeah, wear hooded shirts!
Old 04-16-2005, 03:59 PM
tractng

Lisa,

You might want to contact the local authorities on the this guy on ebay. ppw350Zunit posted the ebay link. It is the exact set.

Good luck and let us know about it.

Tony
Old 04-16-2005, 04:03 PM
kinjal

holy SHIIT! those are your wheels. tires (front and rear), date posted, location.... they all match up! Lisa, you need to do something about this piece of **** who stole your wheels. Contact your local authorities, and ebay as well. this is ridiculous. i am movie down to the plantation area this summer, and i am reconsidering alot of mods i was planning to do to the car. i dont want to worry about someone stealing my avic-n1 headunit or something.

Last edited by nis350ztt; 04-16-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:08 PM
homiusang

wow good find ppwzunit, someone needs to get that guy.
Lisa, i would suggest you disguise your identity, bid to win the wheels and tell'em you are picking the wheels up, and see who is that and probabaly have your bf whoop his

OK, i just checked the seller's ebay history and he has already sold 2 sets of OEM wheels that "taken" off from a G35C. He also sold a pair of seat that were "taken" off from a S2000.

Last edited by homiusang; 04-16-2005 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:11 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Bump cause I wanna know what happens to this scumbag. Contact the police immediately.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Mantis3024

Be very careful on how you go about this. The burden of proof lies upon you
Old 04-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Low J.
Banned

If you can't afford a garage you can't afford a Z. This is a car that should never sit out an night. Sounds like an apartment complex aka: chop shop in waiting.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:28 PM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i want to see some justice served cold and raw.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
tractng

Me too! just pisses me off!

That dude even sold a set of G rims too.

Tony
Old 04-16-2005, 04:40 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldnt thieves have a way to override wheel locks though? When I first picked up my Z. The first thing I got were aftermarket alarm system set to most sensitive. Someone tried to pry the door handles,but only left a scratch in the inner edge handle. I guess the alarm scared them off. Now I watch where I park it.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:43 PM
kinjal

Originally Posted by Low J.
If you can't afford a garage you can't afford a Z. This is a car that should never sit out an night. Sounds like an apartment complex aka: chop shop in waiting.
its not about being able to afford a garage... certain people live in apartment.. cant do jack about it. im a medical student, and at this point in time, a house, for garaged parking is not an option. i have wheel locks on my z, i dont have an aftermarket sound system, and i take my passport 8500 inside at night. theres not much else i can do to be safe, but an alarm system is a good idea. i was considering an aftermarket sound system, but after reading what happened to lisa, and considering that i am going to be living in her area for the next 4 years, ill stick with my performance mods.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:45 PM
hypeiv

yea I hope I can get an update when this guy gets busted by the cops.

Quick Reply: Stolen Nismo Wheels!